December 15, 2018, 06:36:26 PM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 45041 times)

November 21, 2017, 07:45:07 PM
Reply #375

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
So will the ref be banned too? For not doing his job properly...
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

November 21, 2017, 07:52:02 PM
Reply #376

Gary1878

There is not a problem punishing diving. I hate it in football. But this needs to be a consistent application of the law and bet they will have second thoughts when Aguero does it.

What is the process for it being reviewed? Who makes this decision and who are the panel that are reviewing these decisions? Do they have any bias towards any particular club and does the panel change if this is the case?

Too many ifs/buts/maybes and questions and not enough concrete answers.

November 21, 2017, 07:54:07 PM
Reply #377

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No, the charge is that he "deceived" the ref, therefore no guilt on the refs part.

November 21, 2017, 07:59:31 PM
Reply #378

Cereal Killer

Pretty sure the rules established at the start of the season clearly stated that retrospective bans would only apply where a penalty was won or a red card issued....

Not sure what other examples people can come up with of where this hasn't been applied??

November 21, 2017, 08:04:33 PM
Reply #379

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
When does his ban begin , does he miss Southampton ?

November 21, 2017, 08:11:21 PM
Reply #380

everton1952

There is not a problem punishing diving. I hate it in football. But this needs to be a consistent application of the law and bet they will have second thoughts when Aguero does it.

What is the process for it being reviewed? Who makes this decision and who are the panel that are reviewing these decisions? Do they have any bias towards any particular club and does the panel change if this is the case?

Too many ifs/buts/maybes and questions and not enough concrete answers.
Top players from top clubs do not get punished because of the fear of back lash from high profile managers. There have been many dives which have not fooled the ref. What is the different in terms of guilt between Niasse who got a pen and the Man City/Arsenal/Chelsea players who tried and did not?

November 21, 2017, 08:14:52 PM
Reply #381

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Makes me sad reading that, only because I remember when we were "a top club"  mid table clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City never got a look in.

November 21, 2017, 08:23:29 PM
Reply #382

Cereal Killer

Top players from top clubs do not get punished because of the fear of back lash from high profile managers. There have been many dives which have not fooled the ref. What is the different in terms of guilt between Niasse who got a pen and the Man City/Arsenal/Chelsea players who tried and did not?

The rules stated it would only apply to situations where a penalty/red card was awarded, it's the same for everyone - they basically couldn't be arsed to have to review tons of incidents every week, so concentrated on the dives that have biggest impact

November 21, 2017, 08:27:56 PM
Reply #383

Major Clanger

The rules stated it would only apply to situations where a penalty/red card was awarded, it's the same for everyone - they basically couldn't be arsed to have to review tons of incidents every week, so concentrated on the dives that have biggest impact

Yet Bernardo Silva was let off for an incredibly blatant dive against Burnley that gave them the lead.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 21, 2017, 08:29:52 PM
Reply #384

van der Meyde

Pretty sure the rules established at the start of the season clearly stated that retrospective bans would only apply where a penalty was won or a red card issued....
Thats not particularly logical though. What makes a "successful deception" inside the box more worthy of one outside? Why doesn't an unsuccessful dive not get given the same punishment, just a booking?

If they really want to do something about diving - rather than just put a show on for publicity - they should apply it across the board.

November 21, 2017, 08:32:15 PM
Reply #385

everton1952

I accept that, but the ignominy correctly falls upon Niasse who was caught cheating but several  other high profile cheats like Sanchez and Hazard escape official blame because their attempts to cheat are not counted because no pen was delivered.  Nothing can be done about it of course.

November 21, 2017, 08:39:10 PM
Reply #386

School of Science

If he's banned there's sod all we can do about it, we should look on it as an opportunity for Sandro to play in his place. Hope this ruling is a applied to the so called bigger teams player's though  ::)
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 21, 2017, 08:44:17 PM
Reply #387

Django

Danny Murphy on the panel.

Incredible that. I'm sure he's being completely fair and unbiased isn't he.

November 21, 2017, 08:46:44 PM
Reply #388

School of Science

Hahahaha, well that explains it, the fucking troll. You just fucking knew there had to be someone from the fucking shite on that panel wouldn't you.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 21, 2017, 08:50:52 PM
Reply #389

Major Clanger

That's a joke, right? They didn't let that gimp with no refereeing experience on a panel to overrule a refereeing decision made on the pitch, right?
I didn't even remember I had a signature.