December 15, 2018, 05:47:44 PM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 45037 times)

November 22, 2017, 10:41:46 PM
Reply #465

Evertonian in NC

Could rotate, see what works best.  I recall one of the pre-season games seeing Sandro and Rooney playing up top and working together well, has stuck in the back of my mind ever since as something I want to see more of, assuming Rooney can keep discipline if properly warned by Rhino he'll be pulled if he doesn't.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 22, 2017, 10:42:17 PM
Reply #466

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder how good a manager Niasse could be? If he could instill his never say die attitude on the players he could become the most unorthodox manager ever too...
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

November 22, 2017, 11:05:13 PM
Reply #467

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

I mean really? This is the incident they pick?

I still think Dann made zero attempt to play the ball too.

November 22, 2017, 11:22:45 PM
Reply #468

Django

Fucking raging over that ban. Underlines how it's one rule for certain clubs and different rules for others.

No way that's a dive. Scott Dann makes no attempt to play the ball. Fucking joke. Hate the FA, hate modern football and hate Danny Murphy.

November 22, 2017, 11:30:02 PM
Reply #469

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Absolute fucking joke
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 22, 2017, 11:31:08 PM
Reply #470

Major Clanger

Fucking raging over that ban. Underlines how it's one rule for certain clubs and different rules for others.

No way that's a dive. Scott Dann makes no attempt to play the ball. Fucking joke. Hate the FA, hate modern football and hate Danny Murphy.

It's a clear dive, regardless of the contact and Dann's attempt to block him off.

The real problem is that even bigger dives have gone unpunished.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 22, 2017, 11:31:24 PM
Reply #471

bacon sarnie

Next thing they'll be accusing him of biting.

November 22, 2017, 11:35:05 PM
Reply #472

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
It's a clear dive, regardless of the contact and Dann's attempt to block him off.

100% that is why I'm angry.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 22, 2017, 11:41:51 PM
Reply #473

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Hey, look Willian goes down under a nudge for Chelsea and they've got a penalty and the opposition player sent off.

Should we expect a media meltdown..?

(Yes, I realize it's the CL not the PL but again it's the bigger point of appearance of consistency).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:46:26 PM by blueToffee »

November 22, 2017, 11:43:56 PM
Reply #474

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Do you think Dann did anything that could be construed as a foul there? I do think Niasse when down on purpose, but I think he thought he'd been fouled (and the chance was disappearing) so he was asking the question as players know they don't get anything for a foul by staying on their feet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:19:51 AM by blueToffee »

November 22, 2017, 11:44:12 PM
Reply #475

Evertonian in NC

Perhaps just American tinfoil hat stuff here, but do you all suspect Hodgson's residual contacts within the FA played a role here?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 22, 2017, 11:49:57 PM
Reply #476

Gash

Global Moderator
Perhaps just American tinfoil hat stuff here, but do you all suspect Hodgson's residual contacts within the FA played a role here?

No.

November 23, 2017, 12:04:58 AM
Reply #477

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Danny Murphy looked really ill last time he was on tele.

Every cloud.

November 23, 2017, 12:06:44 AM
Reply #478

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
From behind, it looks a dive. Close up on the front, you can see why he went down. It was a soft pen, but no way does that warrant a two game ban.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

November 23, 2017, 12:11:20 AM
Reply #479

Django

I actually donít think itís a dive to be honest. Heís gone down easily but there was clear contact and Dan made no attempt for the ball. Itís a grey area at best and certainly not a retrospectively punishable offence