December 16, 2018, 02:16:12 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 45066 times)

November 23, 2017, 09:57:13 PM
Reply #540

sam of the south

How do we know Danny Murphy was on the panel ? I thought they were anonymous ?

https://en.onefootball.com/evertons-niasse-trouble-diving/

The 13-man panel – which includes such former pros as Lee Dixon, Alex McLeish and Danny Murphy – have so far been twiddling their thumbs but that’s likely to change following an incident which took place at Selhurst Park on Saturday.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 23, 2017, 10:07:43 PM
Reply #541

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
https://en.onefootball.com/evertons-niasse-trouble-diving/

The 13-man panel – which includes such former pros as Lee Dixon, Alex McLeish and Danny Murphy – have so far been twiddling their thumbs but that’s likely to change following an incident which took place at Selhurst Park on Saturday.

That says he's on the thirteen man panel, not the three man panel, it may well have been, Lee Dixon or McLeish.

November 23, 2017, 10:32:05 PM
Reply #542

Lxxx

If this was Hazard or Coutinho there is not a chance on this earth this would have happened. We'd have been told they travel at such a speed and they play at such a high technical level that any slight touch will send them over.

In fact Scott Dann would probably have been charged retrospectively for violent conduct.

November 23, 2017, 10:53:08 PM
Reply #543

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He got a ban, they appealed and it was withdrawn, Niasse got a ban, we appealed but it was upheld, we did what they did, what's your point ?

The point is they did kick up a fuss about it. From a related article in the Guardian on the ban being overturned:

“European football's governing body reversed its earlier verdict yesterday after vehement protests from Arsenal.”

“the outspoken comments of Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, against Eduardo's initial ban could have proved pivotal to the turnaround.”

We don’t exert the same amount of media clout or pressure to put on the officials and so in a similar situation we end up with nothing happening and a rather muddled statement from Unsworth. The point is I think we could’ve done better.

Even if we were still to have lost the appeal it makes more sense to kick up enough of a fuss as it gives us more ammunition and protection in future cases that are either for us or against us. There is a reason Mourinho and co are very public in their responses and players keep pointing out perceived injustices to the referees as it’s all in aid of getting a more favourable outcome down the line.

November 23, 2017, 10:56:35 PM
Reply #544

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The point is they did kick up a fuss about it. From a related article in the Guardian on the ban being overturned:

“European football's governing body reversed its earlier verdict yesterday after vehement protests from Arsenal.”

“the outspoken comments of Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, against Eduardo's initial ban could have proved pivotal to the turnaround.”

We don’t exert the same amount of media clout or pressure to put on the officials and so in a similar situation we end up with nothing happening and a rather muddled statement from Unsworth. The point is I think we could’ve done better.

Even if we were still to have lost the appeal it makes more sense to kick up enough of a fuss as it gives us more ammunition and protection in future cases that are either for us or against us. There is a reason Mourinho and co are very public in their responses and players keep pointing out perceived injustices to the referees as it’s all in aid of getting a more favourable outcome down the line.
You may well have a point !

November 23, 2017, 10:59:45 PM
Reply #545

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Edit: Never mind. :)

Think I’ve said my piece enough here.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:00:59 PM by blueToffee »

November 23, 2017, 11:20:14 PM
Reply #546

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Although they can kick up more of a fuss as they’re unlikely to get slapped with frivolous appeals / bringing the game into disrepute charges etc because of who they are.

November 23, 2017, 11:34:32 PM
Reply #547

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Although they can kick up more of a fuss as they’re unlikely to get slapped with frivolous appeals / bringing the game into disrepute charges etc because of who they are.

Sadly, yes. It’s all part of the same problem.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:35:49 PM by blueToffee »

November 23, 2017, 11:40:28 PM
Reply #548

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It’s worse because it’s the first one.

I doubt there’ll be equal treatment for everyone but there will be for the majority and it will become just another discussion point.

November 23, 2017, 11:45:54 PM
Reply #549

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

I doubt there’ll be equal treatment for everyone but there will be for the majority and it will become just another discussion point.

It is, and here on out is the test but given the number of games so far and avoidance to date, what are the odds of much more than 5 such decisions this season?

As I said earlier, if we’re really getting down to it if the intent is truly serious then the rules they’ve put in place are as much of a problem. Why can it be reviewed when the opponent gets a red card after and not their first yellow card? Why not review any such incident? Is saving time and their own money a stronger motivation than really tackling the problem? It’s just half arsed and that’s the aggravating part to me.

Yes, opening up the reviews would create a shit show to begin with but presumably there would be a learning curve after which players would cut it out. This solution is just nothing right now but a token effort to say they’ve done something. However they’ve just muddied the waters further to me.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:48:08 PM by blueToffee »

November 23, 2017, 11:49:11 PM
Reply #550

School of Science

It is, and here on out is the test but given the number of games so far and avoidance to date, what are the odds of much more than 5 such decisions this season?

As I said earlier, if we’re really getting down to it if the intent is truly serious then the rules they’ve put in place are as much of a problem. Why can it be reviewed when the opponent gets a red card after and not their first yellow card? Why not review any such incident? Is saving time and their own money a stronger motivation than really tackling the problem? It’s just half arsed and that’s the aggravating part to me.

To be honest, what benefit do Crystal Palace get out of this ban for our player ? The answer is none, the next two teams will benefit from Niasse alleged cheating not Palace. Surely it would be better and more fairer if Niasse was banned when we next play them.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 24, 2017, 12:17:26 AM
Reply #551

Heisenberg

To be honest, what benefit do Crystal Palace get out of this ban for our player ? The answer is none, the next two teams will benefit from Niasse alleged cheating not Palace. Surely it would be better and more fairer if Niasse was banned when we next play them.

This is a good point. In fact its a punishment for palace as it makes it more likely that their rivals for relagation west ham may take points off us

November 24, 2017, 12:22:02 AM
Reply #552

Shogun

Administrator
No I'll still agree. As I've acknowledged, how it is implemented will be the test, but I'm glad something more concrete is starting to be done about diving. Might take a while to get it right.

You do have to question the impartiality of those making the decisions, though.

Most former players are going to hold grudges against certain clubs they've played against in the past for one reason or another whilst I'd wager that every former referee on the panel will side towards their fellow referees.

I don't think we can moan too much either though. You can point at other examples and I think there have been some 'dives' on the same level as Niasse this year but it doesn't change the fact he went down with the sole purpose of trying to gain a penalty.

For those asking why it's a two match ban rather than a yellow card... we did get given the penalty (and scored) whereas a player that is caught diving in the game doesn't get a penalty to score from. A one match ban is probably sufficient like.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 24, 2017, 01:33:21 AM
Reply #553

SANA_DR0

i seriously doubt anyone from the big 6 will get done from 'simulation' this season

they maybe one or two other incidents from lower prem teams, but the amount ALi and Sanchez have dived is a fucking joke. even more so when you dont discipline people who dive numerous times a match, then you go all out on someone who has never dived before

the panel is a joke.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 24, 2017, 02:03:45 AM
Reply #554

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think it's a conspiracy against us specifically, it's just that if you're playing for one of the "big" or more fashionable teams, you're less likely to be charged. I've got no issue with the ban discrepancy however, it's the same as in criminal courts, pleading guilty results in a reduced sentence.

We are one of the bigger clubs though, relative to the league average.

I tend to think we get the rub of the green more often than not in refs' decisions. Can think of far more times we've got lucky with a decision rather than massive injustices in the last couple years.