July 22, 2018, 04:04:11 PM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 37631 times)

November 24, 2017, 08:39:07 PM
Reply #570

Major Clanger

Oh, and over ruling the ref, despite him rewatching and still saying he'd give a pen. Will the FA discipline him for his quite blatant incompetence then??

Apart from having clearly biased ex-players on the board, that's the other worrying aspect of the process. The referee should always be allowed to change their decision retrospectively on video evidence, or even choose to defer to others at a push, but he must not be overruled by anyone who wasn't part of the original refereeing team.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 24, 2017, 09:38:16 PM
Reply #571

Mac934

What an utter load of horseshit. Even the ref said he would still give the penalty.
How many times will this happen and the 'board' will either ignore it or not. Depends on which team its for or against I guess.
Football is generally fucked now, the VAR system is shite and now there is a ' board ' that can overrule the ref days after the game.
How long before the result of a game can be changed by a board of experts days after the event?
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

November 25, 2017, 01:15:06 AM
Reply #572

WeimaranerBlues

Calling it now either one of us will get fouled in the box not be awarded a stone wall pen and get done for simulation. Or they'll go down without contact like they've been shot and they'll get a pen and we'll get a subsequent red card. Fuck it tempted to lob some serious money on that!
^^^this
and they will review it and say contact = foul ( like the Silva & Richarlison) got away with-

November 25, 2017, 01:19:29 AM
Reply #573

Macca77

How nailed on is it that some cunt goes down like a sack of shit at anfield in a few weeks ey

I'd say this is a certainty, will be a pen and one of ours will be sent off.

November 25, 2017, 01:33:16 AM
Reply #574

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Weirdly Iím more angry about this than the result last night, still think itís an utter joke. Particularly as apparently the referee is saying heíd still give it. Someone had an agenda and weíre paying the price.

Heís been one of the few bright spots about us recently too that made watching the games a bit more tolerable. I donít want to revert again to the monotony and unproductivity of Rooney and DCL pairing. I missed most of the last game but maybe Sandroís goal gives him a small shout.

November 25, 2017, 01:45:44 AM
Reply #575

gizzblue

Love to see Sandro given game time over either of the others tbh.. ..gutted Niasse is out but go for Sandro ..because .. true madness lies in doing the same shit and expecting different outcomes .

November 25, 2017, 07:09:16 PM
Reply #576

Smingers

I hope we don't miss his presence tomorrow. Let's see if Sandro can step up to the plate.

November 26, 2017, 05:42:11 AM
Reply #577

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Surely Andre ayew gets a two game ban for that
Simply simply lovely

November 26, 2017, 05:49:15 AM
Reply #578

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Surely Andre ayew gets a two game ban for that

Apparently you've got to have gained a significant advantage from diving.

Stupid rule really.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 26, 2017, 05:58:49 AM
Reply #579

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Stupid rule really.
Yeah heard that after
Stupid fucking rule
Simply simply lovely

November 27, 2017, 12:05:22 AM
Reply #580

Lxxx

Stupid rule really.

So you only get banned if the referee is incompetent. Right. What a load of shite.

November 27, 2017, 12:13:00 AM
Reply #581

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Makes you wonder. If we'd have lost against Palace would he have been banned?
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

November 27, 2017, 12:13:16 AM
Reply #582

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
So you only get banned if the referee is incompetent. Right. What a load of shite.

Tbh even if the ref is competent, and after witnessing the replay he still agrees that it's a penalty....you still get banned.
Which is why I think there's another element at play.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 27, 2017, 12:25:52 AM
Reply #583

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Just saw the push on Ramsey today for Arsenal's late penalty. Full hands up in the air starfish, selling the push. You can't tell me that's any different to what Niasse did.

Incoming ban? Of course not.

November 27, 2017, 08:36:19 PM
Reply #584

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42135484

FA panel doesn't give Lukaku ban for kicking Brighton player.  Because you know, reasons.