November 23, 2017, 03:53:20 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 11530 times)

Ell Capitan, WeimaranerBlues, pedrotheblue, Evertonian in NC, sten_h, Buck76, KoemansNumberTens and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 06, 2017, 01:11:00 AM
Read 11530 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He's utterly shit, he really shouldn't be doing as well as he is, but you can't help but love him. Just goes to show that desire, passion and work rate often out ranks shear talent.

Check out the goal scoring stats:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

He's got the best goals to minutes ratio out of everyone lol
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

deCoubertin

November 06, 2017, 01:13:41 AM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

He's like a crap Paulo wanchope. Love the dopey bastard though. Least he works hard and least he's a constant irritation to defenders. Also seems to know where the goal is

November 06, 2017, 01:16:16 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yep. Averages a goal a game. Can't complain about that.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

November 06, 2017, 01:16:19 AM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Oumar Niasse

72  Minutes per goal
288  Minutes played

While there are issues with any of our options, when we're so lacking in goals I think we're at a point where we almost have no other choice than to start him until January at least.

Joint top PL scorer with Rooney now on 4.

Happy for DCL to break his duck today, hopefully he can kick on from there but I'd rather DCL was coming on with 20 to go at this point in his development.

November 06, 2017, 01:21:30 AM
Reply #4

Lxxx

You wouldn't sell him. Even when we do buy better players up top he's a very useful option from the bench, as he's shown, and will probably be happy with his lot even if that was his new role. Taking his price tag out of the equation he's a very decent squad player. 

November 06, 2017, 01:22:04 AM
Reply #5

Cozzie

Agreed.

He is beyond garbage but the man is absolutely hilarious.

Just simply can't help but love him.

I said when he signed that he would give us some hilarious miscontrolling of the ball and I was not wrong.

November 06, 2017, 01:23:04 AM
Reply #6

Smingers

This guy. He needs his own thread which goes over 100 pages. I've said this before, he's one of the most committed, dedicated, and professional players I've seen. Yes he's not the best and yes he's not technically or visually appealing, but where he lacks in those qualities he makes up with the commitment and dedication.

We need to be playing him in every minute of every game (apart from Europa, thanks Ronald). Because of his unconventional way of playing defenders will not like it. Keep going Niasse! You da man! For now....

Please keep posting what makes you happy about Niasse

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:28:12 AM by Smingers »

November 06, 2017, 01:25:21 AM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
Didn't see anything today that suggested he was garbage.

Held up the ball well, run the channels, drew fouls, kicked their keeper in the head, scored a goal and led from the front.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 06, 2017, 01:28:22 AM
Reply #8

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
For all his many, many faults, the most important thing about him right now is that he can finish.

In a team like ours which creates precious few chances, he's arguably indispensable because there's no one else who can play up top who knows where the back of the net is.

November 06, 2017, 01:31:56 AM
Reply #9

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

A lot of people may not like this, but Niasse should start INSTEAD of Rooney.

November 06, 2017, 01:32:13 AM
Reply #10

Ross

Never going to be accepted by some because he was a Martinez player.

But the fact is he scores goals and is a nuisance for defenders and we need more of that.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 06, 2017, 01:37:55 AM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd prefer to see him as a super sub, although he scored today, most of his goals have come from the bench (hence his goals to minutes ratio).

And I really wish we'd got someone else instead of Rooney too.
- Walt Disney

November 06, 2017, 01:38:08 AM
Reply #12

blueski

loved the work rate from him today - absolutely brilliant
Nil Satis

November 06, 2017, 01:38:24 AM
Reply #13

Mayor Farnum

He's an instinctive player, which is what we need in our situation. No overthinking things and getting in a mental mess.

November 06, 2017, 01:40:52 AM
Reply #14

Lxxx

Can we dispense with the 'he's utterly shit' and other descriptions of the like as well. We, he and everyone else knows he's not the most gifted but give it a rest with the gutter language.