November 17, 2018, 01:49:56 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 43353 times)

November 06, 2017, 02:18:53 AM
Read 43353 times

Toddacelli

Copy and paste from the match thread because I didn't realise that Saint Oumar of the Lost Cause had his own thread  :)

Niasse is a pest. I would hate playing against him as a centre half. I would back myself to stay tight for a while and take the ball off him enough because of his first touch, but you just know over 90 mins he would run you ragged and you would get further and further away from him until he did you in.

He's like erosion!

All the stuff about hard work aside though - his movement's excellent at times. Like when he went out wide and then ran back in for Lookman to play him in for the goal. Brilliant. Not just a work-horse at all.

P.S. I'm not backing myself against Niasse as a fat and forty armchair fan - I'm putting myself in the shoes of a PL defender - before anyone loses their tiny little mind over it.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 06, 2017, 02:46:16 AM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

Would love one of the tech bods like @kramer0 to find graphics of the runs he makes - I think he's often very clever off the ball and the timings of his runs is either great, or just good and his pace makes up for the rest.

(sorry Kramer - I know you're not a DJ - didn't mean to be putting in requests  :)  )

November 06, 2017, 03:38:33 AM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

The way he chases everything down though!

November 10, 2017, 02:09:56 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

The ones who are saying he has no ability really don't know anything about football

Graft, pace, never say die attitude, goals, these are all important qualities and he has them

Some people gave up at 2-0 down and left early. One lad chased a lost cause and never gave up and put his side back in with a chance, put smiles on faces and songs in hearts

Niasse is one of very few bright sparks we have right now

He's all heart, motherfucker

Need a t-shirt now with Niasse's big smiling face and the words "All Heart, Motherfucker" on it.

November 22, 2017, 04:27:24 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

I've said it for years now, referees should be looking at the foul itself and not whether the player being fouled falls over or stays on his feet. If they did that there would be no need for players to dive because they would be looking at what Dann does and whether it constitutes a foul.

Really good point that.