November 24, 2017, 01:29:21 PM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 12965 times)

November 06, 2017, 01:43:57 AM
Reply #15

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Never going to be accepted by some because he was a Martinez player.

::)
I have to return some videotapes.

deCoubertin

November 06, 2017, 01:44:36 AM
Reply #16

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
If you think heís shit you can pretty much do one, because he isnít

Dragged us out of the mire today, worked his fucking arse off, causes problems, is fast, scores goals, changes games and thatís what itís all about

Played Oumar
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 06, 2017, 01:49:16 AM
Reply #17

toffee_scot

Niasse plays with his heart and soul and considering how crap Everton have been this season, he's already scored 5 goals despite not playing very often especially towards the start of the season and having to endure the Koeman treatment.

I think he deserves some much needed praise for helping especially in games where we've needed it the most.

November 06, 2017, 01:52:11 AM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah he's not the most visually pleasing player but he's useful. He does a lot of hard work and he seems to get a fair few goals too.

I'd happily see him start every game at the moment. They'll be times we dispair when he does something daft but over 90 minutes he contributes plenty to the team

November 06, 2017, 01:52:46 AM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If you think heís shit you can pretty much do one, because he isnít

Dragged us out of the mire today, worked his fucking arse off, causes problems, is fast, scores goals, changes games and thatís what itís all about

Played Oumar

He's a poor player in terms of all the attributes required to be a top striker. What he does have is goals of course.

Kind of the opposite of the strikers we have had in the past that have led the line well, brought others into the game and so on. Except score goals.

Put those two together, you'd have a top striker.

Put the bad parts together, you'd have John Spencer :)
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 06, 2017, 01:53:12 AM
Reply #20

velimski

If he was playing up front for City he'd be in double figures by now and nobody would be saying that he's shit.

November 06, 2017, 02:10:13 AM
Reply #21

eyesalwaysblue

Made up for the lad,especially after his bad treatment the last months, and he still puts the shirt on with a smile, he might not be top drawer but he certainly isn't shit.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 06, 2017, 02:14:12 AM
Reply #22

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Never going to be accepted by some because he was a Martinez player.

Fucking hell
Even by you that's shite

Simply simply lovely

November 06, 2017, 02:18:53 AM
Reply #23

Toddacelli

Copy and paste from the match thread because I didn't realise that Saint Oumar of the Lost Cause had his own thread  :)

Niasse is a pest. I would hate playing against him as a centre half. I would back myself to stay tight for a while and take the ball off him enough because of his first touch, but you just know over 90 mins he would run you ragged and you would get further and further away from him until he did you in.

He's like erosion!

All the stuff about hard work aside though - his movement's excellent at times. Like when he went out wide and then ran back in for Lookman to play him in for the goal. Brilliant. Not just a work-horse at all.

P.S. I'm not backing myself against Niasse as a fat and forty armchair fan - I'm putting myself in the shoes of a PL defender - before anyone loses their tiny little mind over it.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 06, 2017, 02:20:03 AM
Reply #24

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Everything about him shouldn't work. He's clumsy and has little technique. He's willing and has a tenacity though and for a team that's struggling that's vital. He's nowhere near as bad as I thought he was.

November 06, 2017, 02:31:55 AM
Reply #25

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
The Wanchope shout is a shout.

November 06, 2017, 02:35:12 AM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ok, my utterly shit comment is OTT. I think @Silas nailed it. He just shouldn't work, but he does.

And I am very happy he is doing well for us.

Two games he's won for us this season. Trying to think if Lukaku actually won any for us last season? He probably did, my memory is of him scoring when we're already ahead most of the time.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 06, 2017, 02:36:40 AM
Reply #27

Lxxx

He's shown in the 18 months he's been here that he's listened to advice, probably from Unsy, and taken on board what he needs to do to have a decent stab at a career in this country. He's not blessed with a traditional football upbringing so he lacks technical ability but he works his socks off and for that you'll always get a certain amount of respect from peers and fans.

November 06, 2017, 02:46:16 AM
Reply #28

Toddacelli

Would love one of the tech bods like @kramer0 to find graphics of the runs he makes - I think he's often very clever off the ball and the timings of his runs is either great, or just good and his pace makes up for the rest.

(sorry Kramer - I know you're not a DJ - didn't mean to be putting in requests  :)  )

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 06, 2017, 02:46:37 AM
Reply #29

Paddockoldie

If the rest of the squad displayed the pride he does we'd be a better team for it. Whether he's talented or not he wears that shirt with pride.. he's a blue for me.