December 12, 2018, 07:48:55 PM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 44841 times)

November 19, 2017, 07:36:25 PM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Also, doesn't Niasse get awarded the assist for Baines's goal?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 21, 2017, 03:16:35 AM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Here's a big fuck off Niasse thread.

https://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=94939.300

But you're right. But we still need a class striker too.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 21, 2017, 04:30:17 AM
Reply #32

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Cheers for moving that. Somehow a 21 page thread with over 8,000 views escaped me!

I didn't move it. They took my power away from me. But they must have seen it too. Whoever they are...

November 21, 2017, 07:15:25 PM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Imagine if it had happened the other way round. Imagine if Niasse had signed for Palace and it was Keane who nudged him slightly.

November 21, 2017, 07:43:31 PM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He didn't dive anyway. He's just a shit unorthodox player who can't stay on his feet ;)

November 21, 2017, 11:03:51 PM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Makes me sad reading that, only because I remember when we were "a top club"  mid table clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City never got a look in.
Arsenal have always been a top club.

November 22, 2017, 10:42:17 PM
Reply #36

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder how good a manager Niasse could be? If he could instill his never say die attitude on the players he could become the most unorthodox manager ever too...

November 23, 2017, 12:06:44 AM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
From behind, it looks a dive. Close up on the front, you can see why he went down. It was a soft pen, but no way does that warrant a two game ban.

November 23, 2017, 08:18:40 PM
Reply #38

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He got a ban, they appealed and it was withdrawn, Niasse got a ban, we appealed but it was upheld, we did what they did, what's your point ?

Different time. Different rules. Different governing body as well.

November 27, 2017, 12:13:00 AM
Reply #39

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Makes you wonder. If we'd have lost against Palace would he have been banned?

December 11, 2017, 12:04:55 AM
Reply #40

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He should have been on the bench with Lennon starting.

December 24, 2017, 07:36:00 PM
Reply #41

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he'd have made any difference today, it was much the same as against Liverpool and he was poor in that game. It's not his style and he doesn't have the ability to get the ball pumped up to him, control it for long enough for support to arrive and lay it off to get himself in the box. For all he's managed to knock in a few goals I get the impression Allardyce doesn't rate him, 45 minutes he's had under him so far.

Felt sorry for Sandro and DCL in the second half, the only thing they got was a ball leathered up the park that by the time it reached them was bouncing just above head height so by the time they jumped to try and bring it down to control it they were surrounded by Chelsea players.

He started against the shite, and I don't think that's the best use for him. Because of his limitations, he will 9/10 do better coming of the bench and running at tired defences. I think that's how he should be used. The subs weren't the best yesterday, and I think we may have got something with him on the field for the last 15.

December 24, 2017, 07:49:18 PM
Reply #42

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He wouldn't have been running at the defence though. When Sandro came on the ball was just getting lumped up like it was against Liverpool, it wouldn't have suited Niasse anymore than Sandro in my opinion. We need to have more control of a game for him to be any benefit.

There was one moment late in the game that Sandro was chasing down on the last defender. He screwed it up. Not saying that Niasse would have had the skill to beat the defender either, but with his bumbling luck, he may just have got on the end of it with his pace and made something more out of the chance. He seems to have a knack of making something out of nothing. Sandro offered very little, and all DCL seemed to do was control long balls.

We are so desperate for a decent striker, it's not funny.

December 31, 2017, 06:09:41 PM
Reply #43

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely not having that DCL is better than Niasse. Niasse should be starting games

DCL is very average with an extremely poor strike rate, but has ploughed on as the loan striker for much of the season. Niasse's strength is coming off the bench though and shouldn't be starting. Ideally, neither should be starting but I'd sooner have Niasse coming off the bench than DCL.

December 31, 2017, 07:38:36 PM
Reply #44

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
My theory is if you don’t think DCL has done a good job in a bad situation then you are very bad at understanding the footballs.

He's done well, I don't think anyone's knocking the effort he's put in given the circumstances and his inexperience. In the long run, it will have helped him.

We just need someone who knows what the hell to do up there and to bring others into the game more.