September 23, 2018, 02:16:52 PM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 40249 times)

November 23, 2017, 12:25:28 AM
Reply #15

KoemansNumberTens

Is every dive that wins a free kick now a 2 match ban? You could lose players for 6 or 8 games over a single match. Though lets be honest here they've "caught" 1 player in 120 games so there won't be many more in reality

November 23, 2017, 02:39:00 AM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

nothing worse than the tyranny of Shearer's cliche: 'there was contact' or 'contact = foul'.

It's not about whether there is 'contact', but whether or not there was enough to impede the player. T

See this is where it becomes difficult. Surely all contact impedes to some degree. So really the rule is you're allowed to impede by foul means but not too much. You're allowed to knock someone a little off balance but not over
Maybe football needs to be a non contact sport in terms of foul play. He's touched him (fouled him) but not enough for him to go down just seems like a nonsense to me.

November 24, 2017, 02:48:33 AM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

No I'll still agree. As I've acknowledged, how it is implemented will be the test, but I'm glad something more concrete is starting to be done about diving. Might take a while to get it right.

Well we are 120 games into the season and they've caught 1. Either English football has absolutely no problem with diving or it's not being implemented

November 24, 2017, 02:53:41 AM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

Is the rule just penalties? Just major decisions? So someone can repeatedly dive to gain control of a game but so long as there's not a single major decision for it it's okay
It's all a bit of a nonsense. If they are gonna do this. Look at every single 1 and ban the lot. Again we've had 120 games this season. They clearly aren't applying the rule

December 31, 2017, 05:28:14 PM
Reply #19

KoemansNumberTens

Absolutely not having that DCL is better than Niasse. Niasse should be starting games

December 31, 2017, 05:57:31 PM
Reply #20

KoemansNumberTens

hmm there is not much between them BUT

DCL will get better and will be here next season the other is at his best and will not be here next season

Obviously I'm the only 1 but I see absolutely nothing in DCL.

December 31, 2017, 07:24:25 PM
Reply #21

KoemansNumberTens

My theory is if you donít think DCL has done a good job in a bad situation then you are very bad at understanding the footballs.

You might very well be right. I think he's been consistently our biggest problem and often our worst player in a very bad situation

I do accept there's a fair chance I'm stupid though.

December 31, 2017, 07:43:48 PM
Reply #22

KoemansNumberTens

I donít think your stupid I think youíre right that the lack of an elite level striker in the prem will cause a team problems, especially when they play football like ours that revolves around hitting a big man and stretching defences.

I just donít think itís DCLís fault. In a better world he would have played half a dozen games or come off the bench, or in an even better world weíd have a team capable of giving this young man some chances at goal rather than lumping airballs at his neck with 3 defenders on his arse and no midfielders anywhere near him and expecting miracles.

I don't think it's his fault. He's worked hard and done his best. Just think he's well short of being a top flight striker at this time. He has moments. A great touch here and there but generally he doesn't do enough and his finishing is pretty inconsistent too. He should be out on loan in the championship rather than playing 40 games for us

January 01, 2018, 04:06:39 AM
Reply #23

KoemansNumberTens

Not sticking up for koeman but he thought he was there to manage a side and when he said he needed this that and the other Walsh would sort

All 3 players ended up at Arsenal. Walsh would have to be a hypnotist to convince them we were better than Arsenal