September 26, 2018, 08:07:36 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 40410 times)

November 06, 2017, 03:40:44 AM
Read 40410 times

AllyBlue14

I don't know if it was mentioned in the match day thread as I only came in at the end but for his goal shouldn't the Watford player have also been sent off? The ref played advantage for the tackle but it did stop a clear goal scoring opportunity and it was only the fact that the ball rolled in after his initial touch. Anywhere else on the field after an advantage like that the ref goes back and cards the offender

That's like one of those 'you're the referee' questions, but I was asking the same thing. Perhaps it's the double jeopardy thing, aren't they trying to stop giving red cards and penalties now, for example, or have I just imagined that?

November 06, 2017, 03:45:53 AM
Reply #1

AllyBlue14

I love Oumar. His control is horrendous at times, but get the ball in and around the box and he comes into his own. Given that we haven't been able to hit a cow's arse with a banjo all season, that's worth its weight in gold.

Plus, you see the amount of home-grown lads in the team today, many of them supporting Everton from childhood. Niasse hasn't, and has been treated like absolute shit during his time here, yet it means so much to him. He just seems like a great guy, gives absolutely everything for the team and has been pivotal in pretty much anything good that has happened for us this season.

Favourite player by a mile atm.

November 06, 2017, 01:45:23 PM
Reply #2

AllyBlue14

And I stand by that.

Look at the adulation gets Sandro in comparison.

Sandro had all the adulation while we were trying to pursue him - since he actually joined, and played, that has disappeared quicker than Tom Cleverley down the tunnel last night. Some already think he's not cut out for this league, others want to give him another go because we've been so bad, anything is worth a try.

And in any case, by this logic, he'd only be praised because he was a Koeman signing. And yet we'd struggle to name many on here who wanted Koeman to stay. There are more people who are fed up with the remnants of the Moyes era than Oumar - who is pretty much universally loved at the moment!

November 22, 2017, 02:05:29 PM
Reply #3

AllyBlue14

At least there was defender-made contact here. So many players go down with no contact at all, or fabricate the contact themselves by clipping the defender (Vardy). They're much worse than going down easily having actually been clipped. That's not to say it's ok, but you can't honestly tell me this is the first time it's happened all season.