July 18, 2018, 10:24:28 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 37466 times)

November 06, 2017, 03:48:33 AM
Read 37466 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Still don't think he's particularly good but he's coming up with goals and that's what we desperately need. You can't knock his attitude though and his work rate and effort is fantastic. If the the story is right of Schneiderlin and Mirallas having some sort of fall out/attitude problem in training are correct then they could do worse than to take a leaf out of Niasse's book, get there heads down and earn a place back in the team.

November 06, 2017, 02:24:33 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
In the interest of fairness, why has nobody mentioned the fact that Pickford should of been sent off for giving away the penalty. Stopped a clear goal and wasn't close to the ball.

Probably because the 'triple jeopardy' rule changed about 18 months ago.

November 21, 2017, 07:25:08 PM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Though I agree, there should be punishment for diving, I think its harsh to introduce it part way through the season, without warning.

It was announced ages ago that it would be introduced at the start of the season, remember Allardyce moaning about it when he was Palace manager.

November 22, 2017, 06:54:16 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Embarrassing the lengths people will go to to defend diving. 

You think that's bad, apparently someone's done a 'defensive metric' whatever that is?

November 22, 2017, 08:51:11 PM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
2 game ban.

November 22, 2017, 11:49:57 PM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
Perhaps just American tinfoil hat stuff here, but do you all suspect Hodgson's residual contacts within the FA played a role here?

No.

December 24, 2017, 03:23:07 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't think he'd have made any difference today, it was much the same as against Liverpool and he was poor in that game. It's not his style and he doesn't have the ability to get the ball pumped up to him, control it for long enough for support to arrive and lay it off to get himself in the box. For all he's managed to knock in a few goals I get the impression Allardyce doesn't rate him, 45 minutes he's had under him so far.

Felt sorry for Sandro and DCL in the second half, the only thing they got was a ball leathered up the park that by the time it reached them was bouncing just above head height so by the time they jumped to try and bring it down to control it they were surrounded by Chelsea players.

December 24, 2017, 07:46:52 PM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
He started against the shite, and I don't think that's the best use for him. Because of his limitations, he will 9/10 do better coming of the bench and running at tired defences. I think that's how he should be used. The subs weren't the best yesterday, and I think we may have got something with him on the field for the last 15.

He wouldn't have been running at the defence though. When Sandro came on the ball was just getting lumped up like it was against Liverpool, it wouldn't have suited Niasse anymore than Sandro in my opinion. We need to have more control of a game for him to be any benefit.

January 01, 2018, 07:17:46 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
Not at all convinced that 'assist' was deliberate.

January 01, 2018, 03:46:22 PM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
What's he trying to do if he hasn't meant that?

Looks to me like he's tried to shift it onto his right foot, miss controlled it and knocked it to Gana. At no point does he look or have any idea that Gana is there.