December 11, 2018, 10:32:52 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 44744 times)

November 06, 2017, 01:28:22 AM
Read 44744 times

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
For all his many, many faults, the most important thing about him right now is that he can finish.

In a team like ours which creates precious few chances, he's arguably indispensable because there's no one else who can play up top who knows where the back of the net is.

November 06, 2017, 04:49:19 AM
Reply #1

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
How do people on here actually feel about injury time? In recent years in rugby they've brought in the stopping of the clock for injuries and other things with all the officials in sync. When the clock hits 80 mins it goes into the red and you know it's the last play. I know it would be different in football as you can end the game while the ball is still in play, but maybe that could be used in football too.

Burn him at the stake.

November 19, 2017, 02:10:24 AM
Reply #2

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure someone can be shite regardless of their scoring record

Haha! A bit rich coming from you after all your mouthing off about Lukaku.

November 19, 2017, 03:04:57 AM
Reply #3

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think I ever said he was shite. Just not an elite player good enough for a team with genuine ambitions to win the top prizes. There's plenty of Utd fans now questioning his contribution when he doesn't score.

Ha! Like fuck you're going to wriggle out of that one. No, you repeatedly said he was shite. I've just scrolled through some of your old posts on here and I'd say 50% of your posts were about how poor you thought he was. There's about 5 where you say he's worse than Anichebe.

It won't let me quote your posts as it was too long ago, but here's what you had to say about Steven Naismith:

Our best forward. Good finisher, decent passer, fantastic movement

He's better than lukaku in almost every aspect of the game.

November 19, 2017, 05:59:33 PM
Reply #4

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Robles was absolute toilet last season.

Go have a watch of the penalty he gave away against Burnley.

One of the most idiotic things I've ever seen a goalie do.

November 19, 2017, 06:15:47 PM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
All keepers do stupid things.

Yeah but some are more stupid than others.

You can argue Robles improved last season compared to before that, but his decision making remains so poor that he's simply not PL standard.

You'll note that despite it being clear he has no future with us, he can't get a move away and has resorted to his representatives making clear to the media and anyone who will listen that he's willing to drop down the leagues.

November 19, 2017, 06:40:15 PM
Reply #6

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
The ďnot premier league standardĒ is a line trotted out often about certain players, Niasse an obvious example, but it belies the fact they are in fact playing, and have played, in a relatively successful premier league team for a considerable amount of time.

Robles last season played well by and and large as his stats show, but similar to Niasse this season as this thread shows, some wonít ever acknowledge it no matter what they do in a game.

Well perhaps I'll be proved wrong and he'll go on to have a successful career as a keeper at a top flight club.

November 22, 2017, 05:52:31 AM
Reply #7

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Embarrassing the lengths people will go to to defend diving. 

November 22, 2017, 02:16:43 PM
Reply #8

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I donít think itís clear cut in the modern game. Players have been conditioned to sell a foul otherwise they donít get given. Thatís the precedent.

But this is part of the problem which this new rule is trying to fix.  It's not the new normal for the "modern game" which additional rules mustn't interfere with.

Ultimately let's see how many players dive - whether without contact or asking the question - for a penalty in the coming weeks as more of these bans are issued. If it's less then I'm happy.

I think some people have forgotten (or never knew) what it was like back when players didn't flop to the ground at the slightest hint of contact.

November 22, 2017, 02:58:37 PM
Reply #9

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
The second issue is a matter of consistency. Where is the sense in only reviewing or punishing these behaviours inside the box or after a red card? How is that an effective deterrent? Weíve seen plenty of free kicks leading to goals under dubious circumstances. Just last week the first goal in the Arsenal vs Spurs game was a dive by Sanchez. So...thatís ok because why?

Itís just dumb. Do it right or donít bother.

Come on, you know the answer to that.

November 22, 2017, 03:02:38 PM
Reply #10

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if you'll see any retrospective bans being inflicted on Liverpool or United players this season?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess no.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are. Tend to get more focus on their games so it's much harder for authorities to ignore a blatant dive if there is one.

Much as Everton fans like to think the whole game is conspiring against us, it's not really the case.

November 22, 2017, 04:15:00 PM
Reply #11

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Bollocks

Shall we place a bet?

Whoever is proven wrong (as one of us will be by the end of the season, at the latest) has to be the other one's NSNO bitch for a week.

November 23, 2017, 01:39:41 AM
Reply #12

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Is it me or does this comment from Unsworth make no sense? Surely this ruling is saying contact is OK as in this case there was contact and it was ruled not a foul.

"I think it's a great rule but it doesn't change my stance on if there's contact anywhere on the pitch - slight or not, contact is contact," said Unsworth.

"We don't want contact taken out the game. Slowly but surely it has started."

November 24, 2017, 02:03:45 AM
Reply #13

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think it's a conspiracy against us specifically, it's just that if you're playing for one of the "big" or more fashionable teams, you're less likely to be charged. I've got no issue with the ban discrepancy however, it's the same as in criminal courts, pleading guilty results in a reduced sentence.

We are one of the bigger clubs though, relative to the league average.

I tend to think we get the rub of the green more often than not in refs' decisions. Can think of far more times we've got lucky with a decision rather than massive injustices in the last couple years.