August 20, 2018, 04:07:52 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 38776 times)

November 22, 2017, 02:43:23 PM
Reply #435

sam of the south

I wonder if you'll see any retrospective bans being inflicted on Liverpool or United players this season?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess no.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 22, 2017, 02:58:37 PM
Reply #436

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
The second issue is a matter of consistency. Where is the sense in only reviewing or punishing these behaviours inside the box or after a red card? How is that an effective deterrent? Weíve seen plenty of free kicks leading to goals under dubious circumstances. Just last week the first goal in the Arsenal vs Spurs game was a dive by Sanchez. So...thatís ok because why?

Itís just dumb. Do it right or donít bother.

Come on, you know the answer to that.

November 22, 2017, 03:02:38 PM
Reply #437

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if you'll see any retrospective bans being inflicted on Liverpool or United players this season?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess no.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are. Tend to get more focus on their games so it's much harder for authorities to ignore a blatant dive if there is one.

Much as Everton fans like to think the whole game is conspiring against us, it's not really the case.

November 22, 2017, 03:21:35 PM
Reply #438

GrantyBoy78

Dann initiated contact and Niasse when down, easily, yes, but heís not obliged to stay on his feet. Not like when you see players jumping over the keeper and dangling a leg out to make contact, therefore initiating contact.

And as Jamo said, if it was seen by the ref, itíd only be a yellow card. Why should we get punished because the ref got it wrong?

November 22, 2017, 03:25:49 PM
Reply #439

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's a dive but as others have said, if that's the standard the FA are setting I expect to see plenty of players receiving the same punishment
Simply simply lovely

November 22, 2017, 03:48:26 PM
Reply #440

sam of the south

Wouldn't surprise me if they are. Tend to get more focus on their games so it's much harder for authorities to ignore a blatant dive if there is one.

Much as Everton fans like to think the whole game is conspiring against us, it's not really the case.

Bollocks

November 22, 2017, 04:15:00 PM
Reply #441

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Bollocks

Shall we place a bet?

Whoever is proven wrong (as one of us will be by the end of the season, at the latest) has to be the other one's NSNO bitch for a week.

November 22, 2017, 04:27:24 PM
Reply #442

Toddacelli

I've said it for years now, referees should be looking at the foul itself and not whether the player being fouled falls over or stays on his feet. If they did that there would be no need for players to dive because they would be looking at what Dann does and whether it constitutes a foul.

Really good point that.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 22, 2017, 04:45:43 PM
Reply #443

sam of the south

Shall we place a bet?

Whoever is proven wrong (as one of us will be by the end of the season, at the latest) has to be the other one's NSNO bitch for a week.

Haha

What do you envisage the nsno bitch doing exactly? 😳

I can't bet, I'm a mormon or something.

However, back to the point: if you are an Evertonian, and you state that the RS receive the same treatment from match officials and football's governing bodies as Everton, then I suggest you are being a contrarian and a provocateur ;) 

November 22, 2017, 05:04:36 PM
Reply #444

ally2

I guess diving is only important if you win a penalty?  They should focus on the basics first like ensuring throw ins are taken from the correct position, and the blatant time wasting that goes on, getting added time correct etc

November 22, 2017, 07:19:54 PM
Reply #445

SANA_DR0

the retrospective action on Niasse is a joke.

Sanchez, Dele Ali, both dive more in  one game than Niasse has done in his career, yet he gets done for it.

i guess being in the capital has its advantages.

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 22, 2017, 07:26:50 PM
Reply #446

chang

Read a very good point somewhere yesterday - Deli Ali can dive as in the clip 5 times before getting a one match ban .... Ref misses it he can get 2 match ban .... I like to think of myself as reasonable bloke, but that, if correct, makes no sense to me at all .. :eh:

November 22, 2017, 07:43:21 PM
Reply #447

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

November 22, 2017, 08:51:11 PM
Reply #448

Gash

Global Moderator
2 game ban.

November 22, 2017, 08:58:38 PM
Reply #449

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
So this panel, do they watch every single game to see if anyone has taken a dive or do they just look at incidents where the MOTD pundits say it was a dive ?