December 16, 2018, 09:21:51 PM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 45129 times)

December 24, 2017, 01:24:10 AM
Reply #615

Simon Paul

Administrator
Allardyce keen to give Sandro the chance he didn’t get from Koeman and Unsworth and prov his worth.
We all know what Niasse can do.

Don’t see a problem with it today, although if your point is Sandro showed very little today then you would be correct

felt sorry for him to be honest

first half the ball was being fired at Calvert-Lewin who won headers galore with nobody to run past him, then second half the ball barely left our half!

December 24, 2017, 01:28:58 AM
Reply #616

therealdunc

Our ball retention improved in the 2nd half

Sandro offered very little, his runs were not intelligent and he struggled to read the game

Furthermore physically he was weak against some not very physical Chelsea players
Blue

December 24, 2017, 03:23:07 AM
Reply #617

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't think he'd have made any difference today, it was much the same as against Liverpool and he was poor in that game. It's not his style and he doesn't have the ability to get the ball pumped up to him, control it for long enough for support to arrive and lay it off to get himself in the box. For all he's managed to knock in a few goals I get the impression Allardyce doesn't rate him, 45 minutes he's had under him so far.

Felt sorry for Sandro and DCL in the second half, the only thing they got was a ball leathered up the park that by the time it reached them was bouncing just above head height so by the time they jumped to try and bring it down to control it they were surrounded by Chelsea players.

December 24, 2017, 05:58:07 AM
Reply #618

Jamokachi

December 24, 2017, 05:22:59 PM
Reply #619

Lxxx

Our ball retention improved in the 2nd half

Sandro offered very little, his runs were not intelligent and he struggled to read the game

Furthermore physically he was weak against some not very physical Chelsea players

He looks way out of his depth to me. He gets pushed off the ball far too easily, he's always slipping and sliding around, rarely has the ball fully under control and seems to have developed the same notion that McGeady had in thinking he can run through solid objects. I'm not seeing it in either him or Klaassan, two players who don't seem to have the mental or physical toughness to make it in a very physical league. 

December 24, 2017, 07:05:26 PM
Reply #620

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Story of this lads life it seems, another hurdle and another challenge to prove himself.

Whatever I think of his abilities, I think he’s got the heart and the bollocks to do it again. Next time we’re chasing a goal i’d like to see him on the pitch, the new pippo inzaghi, hounding center backs and making shite goalies second guess their first touch.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 24, 2017, 07:36:00 PM
Reply #621

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he'd have made any difference today, it was much the same as against Liverpool and he was poor in that game. It's not his style and he doesn't have the ability to get the ball pumped up to him, control it for long enough for support to arrive and lay it off to get himself in the box. For all he's managed to knock in a few goals I get the impression Allardyce doesn't rate him, 45 minutes he's had under him so far.

Felt sorry for Sandro and DCL in the second half, the only thing they got was a ball leathered up the park that by the time it reached them was bouncing just above head height so by the time they jumped to try and bring it down to control it they were surrounded by Chelsea players.

He started against the shite, and I don't think that's the best use for him. Because of his limitations, he will 9/10 do better coming of the bench and running at tired defences. I think that's how he should be used. The subs weren't the best yesterday, and I think we may have got something with him on the field for the last 15.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 24, 2017, 07:43:38 PM
Reply #622

School of Science

Has to show more heart for the battle for me, lost every 50/50 he was involved with, because in my view due to a lack of commitment. Niasse even with his limitations I'm sure would have won some of those.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 24, 2017, 07:46:52 PM
Reply #623

Gash

Global Moderator
He started against the shite, and I don't think that's the best use for him. Because of his limitations, he will 9/10 do better coming of the bench and running at tired defences. I think that's how he should be used. The subs weren't the best yesterday, and I think we may have got something with him on the field for the last 15.

He wouldn't have been running at the defence though. When Sandro came on the ball was just getting lumped up like it was against Liverpool, it wouldn't have suited Niasse anymore than Sandro in my opinion. We need to have more control of a game for him to be any benefit.

December 24, 2017, 07:49:18 PM
Reply #624

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He wouldn't have been running at the defence though. When Sandro came on the ball was just getting lumped up like it was against Liverpool, it wouldn't have suited Niasse anymore than Sandro in my opinion. We need to have more control of a game for him to be any benefit.

There was one moment late in the game that Sandro was chasing down on the last defender. He screwed it up. Not saying that Niasse would have had the skill to beat the defender either, but with his bumbling luck, he may just have got on the end of it with his pace and made something more out of the chance. He seems to have a knack of making something out of nothing. Sandro offered very little, and all DCL seemed to do was control long balls.

We are so desperate for a decent striker, it's not funny.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 31, 2017, 05:10:26 AM
Reply #625

Faceatthefence

Although clearly not a starter thought the lad deserves a mention for his control and flick pass for the equaliser.Definitely nuisance value and livened us up today when introduced,not everybody's  cup of tea but gives us options off the bench.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

December 31, 2017, 06:28:27 AM
Reply #626

therealdunc

Although clearly not a starter thought the lad deserves a mention for his control and flick pass for the equaliser.Definitely nuisance value and livened us up today when introduced,not everybody's  cup of tea but gives us options off the bench.

I would fully expect him to start on Monday, DCL was awful vs West Brom and Bournemouth and arguably needs a rest
Blue

December 31, 2017, 07:08:21 AM
Reply #627

Macca77

Hes shit

December 31, 2017, 07:13:15 AM
Reply #628

Ramjam

Hes shit

He is, but I think he’d run the United defence ragged and  give them a few headaches with his unpredictability which in turn might leave the door open for Rooney and Siggy
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

December 31, 2017, 07:15:05 AM
Reply #629

gizzblue

He is, but I think he'd run the United defence ragged and  give them a few headaches with his unpredictability which in turn might leave the door open for Rooney and Siggy
Assuming we play at least three attacking players ....
I'm not holding my breath .
Born not made a blue .