August 25, 2019, 05:07:18 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 53417 times)

November 06, 2017, 01:25:21 AM
Read 53417 times

Shogun

Administrator
Didn't see anything today that suggested he was garbage.

Held up the ball well, run the channels, drew fouls, kicked their keeper in the head, scored a goal and led from the front.

I never claimed to be a saint

November 12, 2017, 09:12:24 PM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
Imagine if he makes it to the world cup!

Well we know all about his pedigree in Russia!

November 12, 2017, 09:52:19 PM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator

November 19, 2017, 12:18:25 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
Going to miss him next week

November 19, 2017, 01:31:49 AM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
Is he suspended?

I'll be surprised if he isn't.

It'll probably get a ten minute reviewing on MOTD tonight.

November 24, 2017, 12:22:02 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
No I'll still agree. As I've acknowledged, how it is implemented will be the test, but I'm glad something more concrete is starting to be done about diving. Might take a while to get it right.

You do have to question the impartiality of those making the decisions, though.

Most former players are going to hold grudges against certain clubs they've played against in the past for one reason or another whilst I'd wager that every former referee on the panel will side towards their fellow referees.

I don't think we can moan too much either though. You can point at other examples and I think there have been some 'dives' on the same level as Niasse this year but it doesn't change the fact he went down with the sole purpose of trying to gain a penalty.

For those asking why it's a two match ban rather than a yellow card... we did get given the penalty (and scored) whereas a player that is caught diving in the game doesn't get a penalty to score from. A one match ban is probably sufficient like.

December 31, 2017, 07:22:16 AM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
Class assist, not entirely sure he meant it.

January 01, 2018, 08:42:51 AM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
For the record, the only reason I'm said I wasn't sure he meant it is because for him to show the awareness to know where Gana was (and to choose to pass to someone as terrible at scoring as Gana) came as a surprise to me.

January 02, 2018, 05:58:00 AM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
A pointless playing him to lead the line on his own, he doesn't have the attributes to do it.

I know it didn't work in the derby when we only had like 20% of the ball, but I do think he'd link up well with DCL.