November 17, 2018, 02:55:11 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 43360 times)

January 21, 2018, 01:19:36 AM
Reply #735

gizzblue

If Sam sells this lad it would be a fucking travesty.

Quality cameo yet again knows where the goal is .
Born not made a blue .

January 21, 2018, 01:19:56 AM
Reply #736

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, that's why he plays him.
Brought him on as a last resort as we have noone else but yeah, he's playing him
Simply simply lovely

January 21, 2018, 04:06:09 AM
Reply #737

eyesalwaysblue

He's just not good enough for us.......
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 21, 2018, 04:16:41 AM
Reply #738

velimski

He's just not good enough for us.......

One could argue that he's actually too good for us right now...

January 21, 2018, 04:20:11 AM
Reply #739

eyesalwaysblue

One could argue that he's actually too good for us right now...
Love the guy to the middle of his bones.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 21, 2018, 08:21:22 AM
Reply #740

Jamokachi

He doesn't deserve a start. He's a terrible footballer, who has a canny knack of popping up at the right time. From the bench is the best option with him.

January 21, 2018, 09:14:13 AM
Reply #741

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure if people are being sarcastic with the "terrible footballer" shout, as he's clearly not. He's not an all round player, and yes he probably does work better from the bench...but honestly what a great option to have on the bench right now. Can score, will run nonstop, positive attitude. What's not to like? The chances of us getting a much better second striker anytime soon seem slim to none.

Any player who can score goals in this team should be frankly revered.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:15:29 AM by blueToffee »

January 21, 2018, 02:09:59 PM
Reply #742

Lxxx

He doesn't deserve a start. He's a terrible footballer, who has a canny knack of popping up at the right time. From the bench is the best option with him.

Yeh he looks like a terrible footballer in the mould of Inzaghi or Cottee. Total fraud.

January 21, 2018, 02:21:45 PM
Reply #743

Ramjam

He probably does deserve to start giving his goal scoring ratio but his actual footballing ability isnt quite there. He has energy,pace, enthusiasm and one hell of a work ethic and attitude and given those attributes which not another of his team mates have youd think he deserves to start more games than anyone else.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 21, 2018, 02:33:55 PM
Reply #744

sirblue57

He probably does deserve to start giving his goal scoring ratio but his actual footballing ability isnt quite there. He has energy,pace, enthusiasm and one hell of a work ethic and attitude and given those attributes which not another of his team mates have youd think he deserves to start more games than anyone else.
THIS^^^
I wonder where this team would be with his attitude...never stops running, trying or harassing the opposing team. Not the most talented,  but shows the others for the lack of heart and spirit they have.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 21, 2018, 02:44:25 PM
Reply #745

Jamokachi

He probably does deserve to start giving his goal scoring ratio

He doesn't, because whenever he does start he's typically terrible. There's no issue with having him as an option from the bench as things stand.

January 21, 2018, 02:51:27 PM
Reply #746

Ramjam

He doesn't, because whenever he does start he's typically terrible. There's no issue with having him as an option from the bench as things stand.

He does seem to be more effective from the bench but what I mean is its extremely hard to deny him his opportunity
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 21, 2018, 02:54:21 PM
Reply #747

Jamokachi

He does seem to be more effective from the bench but what I mean is its extremely hard to deny him his opportunity

Nah, it's really not. I imagine he himself even realises he's more effective coming on to face tired defenders.

January 21, 2018, 02:55:32 PM
Reply #748

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

But he had one as an example in the Derby and was useless.

Youd have to play 4-4-2 and hope that he got a chance, otherwise hes not worth having on the pitch.

Granted you could say weve been playing with 6/7 men all season, so might not make much difference.

But most formations these days only use one CF so we should be playing Tosun from the start.

January 21, 2018, 02:58:53 PM
Reply #749

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeh he looks like a terrible footballer in the mould of Inzaghi or Cottee. Total fraud.

Can people please stop mentioning Inzaghi.

Incomparably better at football than Niasse.

Cottee was selfish, rather than poor at football too.

Closest example weve had would be Beckford, but again his problem was selfish play and an unwillingness to do tough things like getting hammered in the back when holding the ball up. Scored some good technical goals.