November 18, 2017, 06:15:29 PM

Author Topic: [News]Baines: Win nothing to get carried away with  (Read 880 times)

November 06, 2017, 03:12:56 AM
Read 880 times

Everton News

Baines: Win nothing to get carried away with

Everton left-back and match winner against Watford, Leighton Baines, says that the win is nothing to get carried away with but it must be used to build from.

Source: Baines: Win nothing to get carried away with

deCoubertin

November 06, 2017, 06:08:17 AM
Reply #1

everton1952

Too true, but by God I enjoyed it. I had no voice left at all afterwards.

November 07, 2017, 12:33:14 AM
Reply #2

boothill

excuse me mr baines, but i will celebrate this victory however i wish, bloody party pooper

November 07, 2017, 06:17:13 AM
Reply #3

BlueMaquis

And here I was thinking we were going to win the league... what would we do without good old Bainsey?

November 08, 2017, 12:56:51 AM
Reply #4

SANA_DR0

i think he means 'its ok for the fans to celebrate, but we as players know we have to repeat this x20 times'.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 08, 2017, 04:19:56 PM
Reply #5

ZVictorOne

i think he means 'its ok for the fans to celebrate, but we as players know we have to repeat this x20 times'.
Exactly, don't think he'd be telling us not to celebrate, we've waited long enough.
ZVictorOne

November 09, 2017, 05:37:56 PM
Reply #6

dangermouse

He hasn't heard about the special Christmas DVD then
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

November 09, 2017, 05:44:09 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Is it just me or is anyone else bored of Baines' platitudes when we see such weak performances from him on the pitch.

November 09, 2017, 09:11:44 PM
Reply #8

cantoffee

Is it just me or is anyone else bored of Baines' platitudes when we see such weak performances from him on the pitch.
Not sure that's completely fair given how he played against Watford. A couple of big blocks, an assist, and a fantastic penalty under huge pressure.

Think he showed great mental strength in that moment, kept calm, and didn't just put the ball on target but placed it with power.

November 09, 2017, 09:17:11 PM
Reply #9

BlueMaquis

Not sure that's completely fair given how he played against Watford. A couple of big blocks, an assist, and a fantastic penalty under huge pressure.

Think he showed great mental strength in that moment, kept calm, and didn't just put the ball on target but placed it with power.

He was ok. Nothing to get carried away with.

November 09, 2017, 09:27:39 PM
Reply #10

kramer0

It's fair enough to say that Leighton Baines hasn't performed up to standard required but I'm having a hard time putting the blame entirely on the player. Full back is a young man's position and he's about to turn 33. He doesn't have the legs to do the job the way he used to, especially not when we need him in the side every week.

It's not his fault that he's expected to play just about every match. It wasn't his idea to build a squad where Jonjoe Kenny, Mason Holgate, and Cuco Martina were the most viable alternatives at his position.

Age has finally taken its toll. It happens to everyone. The club should have done more than make a pass at Kolasinac.

Disclaimer: I am a shameless Baines apologist. Of the players we've had in the past ten years, maybe only peak Arteta or peak Lukaku were better.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:30:47 PM by kramer0 »

November 09, 2017, 09:50:00 PM
Reply #11

Evertonian in NC

It's fair enough to say that Leighton Baines hasn't performed up to standard required but I'm having a hard time putting the blame entirely on the player. Full back is a young man's position and he's about to turn 33. He doesn't have the legs to do the job the way he used to, especially not when we need him in the side every week.

It's not his fault that he's expected to play just about every match. It wasn't his idea to build a squad where Jonjoe Kenny, Mason Holgate, and Cuco Martina were the most viable alternatives at his position.

Age has finally taken its toll. It happens to everyone. The club should have done more than make a pass at Kolasinac.

Disclaimer: I am a shameless Baines apologist. Of the players we've had in the past ten years, maybe only peak Arteta or peak Lukaku were better.

Agreed.  He is carrying an unsustainable load, and not complaining one iota.  He's still bringing his (diminished) best every match.  If loving Bainsey is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 10, 2017, 04:25:14 AM
Reply #12

Tony Clifton

Heard he'll retire end of season.  Heard this one before, mind.

November 10, 2017, 04:29:45 AM
Reply #13

Evertonian in NC

Heard he'll retire end of season.  Heard this one before, mind.

Before his testimonial, even?  Surely he'd give it one last season.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 10, 2017, 04:50:41 AM
Reply #14

Cereal Killer

Before his testimonial, even?  Surely he'd give it one last season.

One final season as back up to Luke Shaw.....  :whistle: