November 21, 2017, 04:21:10 PM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton - Sat 18th November - 3pm  (Read 7923 times)

November 09, 2017, 03:28:10 AM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
                                              Pickford
               Kenny          Keane             Jagielka          Baines
               Lookman     Baningime       Davies             Vlasic
                            Calvert-Lewin        Rooney

Bench: Robles; Holgate; Williams; Gueye; Sigurdsson; Lennon; Niasse

Listen we all want width in the side mate but
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 09, 2017, 05:20:11 AM
Reply #16

Bluebridge

Listen we all want width in the side mate but
I wish we would go 4-4-2, I think it would suit our squad too. Tried and trusted for years and everyone should know their job.

November 09, 2017, 12:47:25 PM
Reply #17

bluenuck

I'm just gonna say we can't set up like we did against Leicester. I know that's pretty obvious, but we're up against loads of counter attacking pace. I'm fully expecting a goal against like the first goal Leicester scored.

I hate to say it, but we really have to set up defensively for this one. Two holding mids who stay in position with a back four. Palace may be dead last but they have a certain style of play that can rip our back end apart if we're not careful.

Realistically I'd be happy with a draw. Sad times, but that's reality.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:49:10 PM by bluenuck »

November 09, 2017, 04:09:29 PM
Reply #18

Deano Blue Boy

Massive game this one. We get beat and we are back to square one with a damaged ego. If we win, we could put a run together and before you know it we will be in the top 10.

November 09, 2017, 04:38:27 PM
Reply #19

Macca77

4 points from our next two games is do-able

November 09, 2017, 04:41:16 PM
Reply #20

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 09, 2017, 06:01:25 PM
Reply #21

duncandisorderly

Need to build on last week here, draw would be decent. Worried about set pieces against us though, we're shit in the air at the moment.

November 09, 2017, 06:05:02 PM
Reply #22

Gary1878

I don't think this is a game for Kenny. Palace will get the ball out wide to Zaha get him one on one with him. For this reason, we need to play it very tight in the game, otherwise we will lose,which is why i think Holgate has a better chance. With Palace, if you stop the wingers, you stop the goals, as they won't score from any other way. From what i have seen of Vlasic, he just isn't great at tracking back and doing his defensive work, which won't do in this game.

I would go with this:

Pickford
Holgate Keane Jags Baines
      Gana Bani Davies
Lennon              Sigurdsson
               DCL

A workaholic team with bags of energy to scrap a win.

November 09, 2017, 07:00:27 PM
Reply #23

GrantyBoy78

I don't think this is a game for Kenny. Palace will get the ball out wide to Zaha get him one on one with him. For this reason, we need to play it very tight in the game, otherwise we will lose,which is why i think Holgate has a better chance. With Palace, if you stop the wingers, you stop the goals, as they won't score from any other way. From what i have seen of Vlasic, he just isn't great at tracking back and doing his defensive work, which won't do in this game.

I would go with this:

Pickford
      Gana Bani Davies
               DCL

This is probably the best 11 we can put out...and itís FUCKING GRIM!
Oh, and Benteke is back for this one. Yay!

November 09, 2017, 08:46:42 PM
Reply #24

stirlingblue

I went to their game away at Spurs with a mate last week, and they really should have won that game as Spurs just didn't turn up.

One thing I noticed is that whilst they have width and pace going forward, they defend incredibly narrow. If we had anybody at that game then they'll have noted how much space Spurs fullbacks got in the final third.

I'd like to see us go 5 at the back and mirror what Spurs did to them, something like:

Pickford
       Holgate     Keane     Jagielka
Kenny                                      Baines
         Banningeme Gueye Davies
                 Rooney   Niasse

November 09, 2017, 08:48:21 PM
Reply #25

bluenuck

Need to build on last week here, draw would be decent. Worried about set pieces against us though, we're shit in the air at the moment.

It's funny, I'm just as worried about set pieces for us.

November 09, 2017, 10:21:08 PM
Reply #26

dazfrancis

I would go with this:

Pickford
      Gana Bani Davies
               DCL

Kenny had the best defensive stats in the league last weekend.

November 09, 2017, 10:23:42 PM
Reply #27

Gary1878

Kenny had the best defensive stats in the league last weekend.

Genuinely interested - by what measures?

November 09, 2017, 10:45:58 PM
Reply #29

Gary1878

Tackles and clearences

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonjoe-kenny-evertons-unsung-hero-13866443

Good to see. I really like Kenny, but I still think this is a game to take him out of the line of fire. Zaha is the most fouled player in the league for a reason, and we need a player with a little more experience in there.

Kenny in the home games is a great option, but away from home he needs to be protected.