August 20, 2019, 06:22:47 AM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton - Sat 18th November - 3pm  (Read 25649 times)

November 09, 2017, 12:47:25 PM
Read 25649 times

bluenuck

I'm just gonna say we can't set up like we did against Leicester. I know that's pretty obvious, but we're up against loads of counter attacking pace. I'm fully expecting a goal against like the first goal Leicester scored.

I hate to say it, but we really have to set up defensively for this one. Two holding mids who stay in position with a back four. Palace may be dead last but they have a certain style of play that can rip our back end apart if we're not careful.

Realistically I'd be happy with a draw. Sad times, but that's reality.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:49:10 PM by bluenuck »

November 09, 2017, 08:48:21 PM
Reply #1

bluenuck

Need to build on last week here, draw would be decent. Worried about set pieces against us though, we're shit in the air at the moment.

It's funny, I'm just as worried about set pieces for us.

November 14, 2017, 12:44:42 PM
Reply #2

bluenuck

We need a point.  And we need to set up to get that point.

It blows to say this but we need to just get any result on the road no matter who we're playing, and then take our chances at home to get 3 points. It's just where we are right now. If we do this we'll slowly work our way up the table and be fine.

This game scares me though. Palace play a way that can rip our back end apart and only have 30% possession.

November 18, 2017, 11:48:03 PM
Reply #3

bluenuck

At this point this is a good result. Don't care how we get points on the road, just get them.  A point next weekend and then Come back home and grab 3 and we'll be fine.

In my opinion we just need to not lose a game up untill the derby. Hopefully the players can build some confidence and then we can actually show up for it.

November 18, 2017, 11:56:25 PM
Reply #4

bluenuck