November 20, 2018, 03:43:54 AM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton - Sat 18th November - 3pm  (Read 20188 times)

November 09, 2017, 07:00:27 PM
Read 20188 times

GrantyBoy78

I don't think this is a game for Kenny. Palace will get the ball out wide to Zaha get him one on one with him. For this reason, we need to play it very tight in the game, otherwise we will lose,which is why i think Holgate has a better chance. With Palace, if you stop the wingers, you stop the goals, as they won't score from any other way. From what i have seen of Vlasic, he just isn't great at tracking back and doing his defensive work, which won't do in this game.

I would go with this:

Pickford
Holgate Keane Jags Baines
      Gana Bani Davies
Lennon              Sigurdsson
               DCL

A workaholic team with bags of energy to scrap a win.
This is probably the best 11 we can put out...and itís FUCKING GRIM!
Oh, and Benteke is back for this one. Yay!

November 10, 2017, 12:08:13 AM
Reply #1

GrantyBoy78

Good to see. I really like Kenny, but I still think this is a game to take him out of the line of fire. Zaha is the most fouled player in the league for a reason, and we need a player with a little more experience in there.

Kenny in the home games is a great option, but away from home he needs to be protected.
Benteke will try to peel off our CBs and target Kenny in the air, too.

November 10, 2017, 04:45:13 PM
Reply #2

GrantyBoy78

Can't wait for these to go down.

Horrible place to go.
Theyíll beat us

November 14, 2017, 02:28:35 PM
Reply #3

GrantyBoy78

We need a point.  And we need to set up to get that point.

It blows to say this but we need to just get any result on the road no matter who we're playing, and then take our chances at home to get 3 points. It's just where we are right now. If we do this we'll slowly work our way up the table and be fine.

This game scares me though. Palace play a way that can rip our back end apart and only have 30% possession.
Palace outplayed Spurs and West Ham in their last 2 games, although the results didnít reflect that.

November 17, 2017, 11:29:38 AM
Reply #4

GrantyBoy78

Getting married on Saturday so thinking of lashing a wedge on the mighty blues for some super wedding day luck.
Congratulations mate.

TBH Iíd swerve anything Everton related, donít give us the chance to ruin your day!

November 18, 2017, 08:58:33 PM
Reply #5

GrantyBoy78

There have been calls for Lookman to start and Sig to be in his natural position...shouldnít be any excuses.

November 18, 2017, 09:42:10 PM
Reply #6

GrantyBoy78

Unsworth can't have another game.
Agreed. Would also agree when people say he needs more time, however, we canít be conceding 2 goals every game.

November 18, 2017, 11:00:38 PM
Reply #7

GrantyBoy78

I didnít see the game, how did we play?

November 18, 2017, 11:06:32 PM
Reply #8

GrantyBoy78

We'll concede 2 or more goals a game if we persist with Keane.
And weíll keep clean sheets if we bring in Williams, instead?

November 18, 2017, 11:51:09 PM
Reply #9

GrantyBoy78

That sounds nice in theory but it's not that straightforward. It's not like Unsy, or Koeman before him, have no specific ideas that they are trying to implement, that they think will work to win football games, and that they are working on in training. Of course they are, that's why they get paid a shit load of money. 

Our problems to me seem to run deeper than figuring out the right formation and game plan and I'm struggling to be honest to know exactly what it is that needs fixing.
Yep. The consensus has been that Koeman was a shit manager, so all we need to do is get a decent manager and weíll be back in contention to finish 6th.

Much more to it than that.