October 18, 2019, 04:43:08 PM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton - Sat 18th November - 3pm  (Read 28516 times)

November 18, 2017, 09:58:50 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

We just look levels below the teams we play week in and week out. Its frightening how bad weve been. Our points total is way in excess of what we deserve. We need massive changes. Its a complete mess at the moment

That's a lazy argument. Our points total is exactly what we deserve, it's why we have a league table. It's like the lazy argument that Niasse is shite, every week, after he scores or makes a goal, every week.

November 18, 2017, 10:05:51 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Weve been outplayed week in and week out. Is it a lazy arguement to suggest our average points per game probably wont continue at this "high" level if the level of performance doesnt pick up.

That's a different argument. We are where we deserve to be because even though we're shite we do possess some decent players who can keep us in games.

November 18, 2017, 10:12:03 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

Hopefully Schneiderlin's carrying an injury as it's getting hard to defend these not arsed performances's puting in.

Looks like a player who doesn't like his job anymore. He's got his millions and a fit missus now. Job done.

November 18, 2017, 10:17:42 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

....and into the Klaasen, Sigurdson, Rooney gang.

They can all leave for me anyway. Most expensive waste of money as a group I've seen in my time as a fan.

November 18, 2017, 10:42:11 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

November 18, 2017, 10:45:09 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

JJK is doing well, poor lads run ragged.

I think he's improving game by game.

November 18, 2017, 11:03:46 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

We could quite literally have not bought any outfield players in the summer and saved a fortune for what good they are.

November 18, 2017, 11:31:54 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

It won't improve properly til we get a manager in with specific ideas who can drill the players day after day.

Unsworth's just fire fighting in a very difficult situation, and somehow we've blagged 4 points from the last two games based on enthusiasm and not much else.

None of these players are going to look good until we get a shape and a way of playing that is robust and repeatable.

A few seem to have an attitude problem which won't be helping dressing room morale either. Shipping the under-performers out the door in January to get fresh blood in might be a necessary way to move forwards.

November 18, 2017, 11:52:48 PM
Reply #23

Lxxx

https://twitter.com/cpfcgoals2/status/931907531500167168

Lot of Twitter folk going ape shit, saying Niasse should be banned for diving

No worse than the likes of Alexis Sanchez and others do every week.

November 18, 2017, 11:59:22 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

Keane can't be what he's not. He's not blessed with pace and alongside others without any pace either side he's going to be the one looked at to provide it due to his age but it's not him. Let's see what he's like next to a younger left back and centre half before writing him off. Although I do think he has been poor so far, like many others.

November 19, 2017, 12:01:14 AM
Reply #25

Lxxx

According to merseyside baines and keane were still chatting to each other for their 1st goal and were not switche on at all

Well you can see from the replay we weren't set at the back. It's only the first minute but still unprofessional.

November 19, 2017, 12:29:18 AM
Reply #26

Lxxx

honestly this is really on Koeman and Walsh. I don't know how you can think in the modern game you can get away with a lack of pace at the back. Unless Keane is being bought as a 3rd or 4th choice centre half, I can't see the sense of committing to a set up where our defence can't get forward.

really think a main priority in the window has to be solving that problem, nearly as important as a goal scorer

we haven't been this bereft of pace at the back for ages. Coleman, Stones, Funes Mori etc. Funes is a crazy defender at times but credit where its due he had all the pace required to make up for errors. Right now we have none.

I agree. The whole recruitment looked very slapdash and without much thought. Keane is an 18 yard box defender which is fine if that's your game plan but it shouldn't be ours. However let's see him with better, pacier defenders around him. John Terry for example wasn't blessed with great pace but he always played with good athletic players around him.

November 19, 2017, 03:35:08 PM
Reply #27

Lxxx

Man Utd were after him.

I don't think they ever really were. If they even so much as sniffed around his agent he'd have been there in a flash. Massive Man U fan.

November 19, 2017, 03:36:17 PM
Reply #28

Lxxx

One of the shitiest ground locations in the PL, to stand any chance of getting back to Victoria within 2 hours from Norwood Junction you have to leave the ground ten minutes before the end.

You don't even want to get a cheap hotel in that area either and go for a few bevvies and stay over. Horrible place.