November 24, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Author Topic: [News]Could Everton face a daunting drop from the Premier League?  (Read 861 times)

November 09, 2017, 02:03:16 AM
Read 861 times

Everton News

Could Everton face a daunting drop from the Premier League?

After spending big and building a seemingly strong squad capable of achieving success this season this past summer, Everton looked set to enjoy a solid campaign throughout the Premier League and other competitions.

Source: Could Everton face a daunting drop from the Premier League?

deCoubertin

November 09, 2017, 02:29:32 AM
Reply #1

gizzblue

No not at all ....11 games in ffs ,ask again in March .

November 09, 2017, 02:38:34 AM
Reply #2

Major Clanger

The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 09, 2017, 02:56:17 AM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
That's three no's and plenty more to come, 11 games in ffs !

November 09, 2017, 04:34:32 AM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon we could go down in the next couple of years.

Only so long a club like Everton can stay in mediocrity for before it all comes crumbling down and the reset button is pressed.

November 09, 2017, 05:17:24 AM
Reply #5

Mayor Farnum

'After spending big and building a seemingly strong squad capable of achieving success this season this past summer,'

Found it hard to continue after reading this introduction.

November 09, 2017, 05:29:25 AM
Reply #6

blob

November 09, 2017, 05:51:20 AM
Reply #7

Dr. Sponge

I reckon we could go down in the next couple of years.

Only so long a club like Everton can stay in mediocrity for before it all comes crumbling down and the reset button is pressed.

We've been in mediocrity for nearly 20 years.

No we won't go down. But we'll be very close to going down, if the board doesn't get the right man for the job.

November 09, 2017, 04:40:06 PM
Reply #8

BlueForYou

Last game of the season: West Ham, away

I dread to think........................ ...

FFS - COYB!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 09, 2017, 04:57:01 PM
Reply #9

GrantyBoy78

We won’t go down but we’ll finish 15th

November 16, 2017, 08:51:23 AM
Reply #10

Ridge

A month ago, my answer would have been a resounding no. I felt we had time to try and sort problems and even if that didn't work, we could still rip it up and start again and get to safety.

But we're now being indecisive and any new manager is going to want long term support. A manager in a job is not going to leave for a short term job with a team of players that needs so much work. This season would be about survival and building, not challenging at the top end of table or for europe.

But it's also the fickleness of our interest that really concerns me. It's like we are going on public mood, which keeps changing, game to game. It feels like we would probably go for 'the Porto guy', if it got enough likes and a favourable press on talksport.

November 16, 2017, 10:27:33 AM
Reply #11

KingOfNapaValley

I still think the odds are against it, even if we kept Koeman. I think we just have too much talent compared to the teams that will, in the end, fight for relegation by March. Even with our talent playing poorly, they are better than at least 5-6 teams playing in peak form over a whole season. Our problem is scoring, but I have to think it picks up just enough to keep us up.

November 16, 2017, 04:39:19 PM
Reply #12

everton1952

As it now appears that Unsworth is getting the job on a "permanent" basis or at least until May, we may struggle to attract any decent strikers except maybe from the Championship. Even with the prospect of  few goals I still reckon we should get 38-42 points.

November 16, 2017, 04:53:12 PM
Reply #13

ally2

But we're now being indecisive and any new manager is going to want long term support.

How are we being indecisive?

November 16, 2017, 10:50:31 PM
Reply #14

D15TIN

We won’t go down but we’ll finish 15th
TBH win our next 2 games and we should be looking at getting 7th again.