October 16, 2018, 06:04:29 AM

Author Topic: Jordan Pickford  (Read 10791 times)

November 11, 2017, 06:43:57 PM
Read 10791 times

KoemansNumberTens

I think hes going to be world class.

Brilliant attitude and ability already.

Yes he makes mistakes but they will become less frequent
as he improves and matures.

Our best and most astute signing of the summer.

Was apparently very good last night. Easily our best signing but it's really not much of a compliment

November 11, 2017, 08:07:16 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

I like Pickford but I'm not 100% convinced.

He pushes his low saves back into danger areas too often, which he did again last night.

His distribution is superb but his counter attacking early kicks have often been over enthusiastic with play being lost and the pressure coming immediately back on to us. His face and body position after he does these are a joy to behold however.

I hope a lot of this will come with age and experience.

What you can't teach is his attitude, vocals, and confidence, which he's got in abundance.

Hopefully he'll be able to iron out his weaknesses and be our no 1 for years.

I do think he has some clear weaknesses. He definitely pushes lots of things back into his box. The penalty against Watford was caused by this. He also is almost too keen in terms of distribution and coming off his line. Definitely got great potential though
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:08:59 PM by KoemansNumberTens »

November 19, 2017, 12:20:29 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

He's been responsible for a lot of dodgy moments. The save before the pen against Watford, the Arsenal equaliser, the late chance today all were pushed right back into the area

He's been bang average in a sea of absolute shit. He's made as many mistakes as Joel was making. Yes he's a young lad, yes he's playing in a shite team. Which are both fair in mitigation but people claiming he's the 2nd best keeper in the league

Also the best young keeper? Is that much of a contest? Which other young keepers are playing

November 19, 2017, 12:36:07 AM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Why can't you just say average like a normal human being?

What about if i exclaim it? Average!!!

November 19, 2017, 12:38:07 AM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

What else could he have done there? Have you played as a keeper? They had a chance from inside the box at point blank range. At that stage it's literally just get something in the way of it, as a reaction save, not 'where can I parry this out to?'.

For them to have such an easy chance and then for no-one to react to the first ball was the issue. Pickford did well to get something in the way of it and was let down by the defence (again).

Unless they are unbelievable saves then there's not much excuse for them to keep coming back into the danger area. Look he's a very good prospect but people are making out he's been brilliant. He hasn't. He's been okay