April 22, 2018, 08:00:40 AM

Author Topic: [News]Watford deny Everton a Silva lining  (Read 24688 times)

November 20, 2017, 05:37:24 PM
Reply #375

Waltzer

Heís a baller on PES as well.

I think heís a good player we just arenít using him very wel and he probably hasnít settled.

We bought sigurdssson, Klaassen, Rooney and Sandro - 4 players whoís careers have been all about working around a main striker. Arriving late in the box, picking up knock downs etc. All 4 good goalscorers.

But we didnít get the technical number 9 we needed. That was clearly the plan and for whatever reason it didnít happen so, whether the new man will see the same picture, or whether heíll have his own ideas weíll just have to wait and see.

Not writing any of the signings off yet, although Iím less than impressed with basically all of them - I do agree they will all need time and we need to see what they can do in a team that isnít an absolute state.

A lot of what you said was my reason why I thought it was wrong to sack Koeman, we'd invested so much effort and resource into a system, his system, but failed to get the final piece of the jigsaw, a striker. I honestly believe if we did get a proper number 9 in we'd be competing at the right end of the table, imo we should have kept hold until after the Jan transfer window minimum, sacking Koeman has put £140 millions worth of transfers in jeopardy.
I know people will say we'd have got relegated, and ill agree our form wasn't great, but we'll never no now what would have happened but I thought given the options available Koeman was our best option

November 20, 2017, 06:23:55 PM
Reply #376

MmmBlueRamirez

I think klassen could well offer more than Sigurdsson is at the moment.

I'm inclined to disagree.

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 20, 2017, 07:17:19 PM
Reply #377

Lxxx

Nah not having that. At the minute I'm not sure Klaassan could offer anything we need. If we were playing free flowing football he might, at a push, be a nice little cog in a well oiled machine but as we can't string two passes together we need players who have individual attributes to get something moving.

November 20, 2017, 07:17:37 PM
Reply #378

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of what you said was my reason why I thought it was wrong to sack Koeman, we'd invested so much effort and resource into a system, his system, but failed to get the final piece of the jigsaw, a striker. I honestly believe if we did get a proper number 9 in we'd be competing at the right end of the table, imo we should have kept hold until after the Jan transfer window minimum, sacking Koeman has put £140 millions worth of transfers in jeopardy.
I know people will say we'd have got relegated, and ill agree our form wasn't great, but we'll never no now what would have happened but I thought given the options available Koeman was our best option

Itís why I held on to Koeman for so long, alongside the tough start to the season, but it had gone past the point of no return where it was clear yeah the recruitment had fucked us up but there was no point holding onto the plan and we needed to get a plan b sorted ASAP.

I think we may well have been relegated, and I donít think weíre any further away from that point to be honest right now.

Even if we get silva in thereís zero guarantees in football. In fact the closest thing to a guarantee is probably big sam, whose been universally rejected.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 20, 2017, 07:18:17 PM
Reply #379

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Silva aint happening is it

Simply simply lovely

November 20, 2017, 07:44:20 PM
Reply #380

Ridge

I think Klaassen will prove to be the better signing, but can understand why he's behind Sig.

Sig's main skill is his delivery, set pieces and when given space to address ball and cross. While he's not used to team mates, he's at least used to speed and physical nature of the league.

Klaassen has great movement and interplay, but you need to build understanding with familiar players, before you can play 1-2s, or help build play. Add to that difficulty of adapting to league, trying to work his way towards a central role in team. Think we won't see best of him any time soon.

November 20, 2017, 07:53:08 PM
Reply #381

Ridge

If we don't get Silva now, we've shafted Watford and their fans opinion of him. So that's nice

November 20, 2017, 07:59:12 PM
Reply #382

Waltzer

Itís why I held on to Koeman for so long, alongside the tough start to the season, but it had gone past the point of no return where it was clear yeah the recruitment had fucked us up but there was no point holding onto the plan and we needed to get a plan b sorted ASAP.

I think we may well have been relegated, and I donít think weíre any further away from that point to be honest right now.

Even if we get silva in thereís zero guarantees in football. In fact the closest thing to a guarantee is probably big sam, whose been universally rejected.

I'd still rather have Koeman than Unsworth in charge, I always said it'd be a rough ride until January, regardless of who we got in and I dont think thats changed. I just think this change of direction, which there appears to be if Silva is our target, highlights to me that our board, or decision maker really doesnt have a clear plan, or dont think that far ahead.

November 20, 2017, 08:00:13 PM
Reply #383

Hawkandro

We're like a bull in a china shop this season. Collateral damage everywhere.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 20, 2017, 08:05:50 PM
Reply #384

SANA_DR0

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 20, 2017, 08:06:24 PM
Reply #385

Lxxx

If we don't get Silva now, we've shafted Watford and their fans opinion of him. So that's nice

Shouldn't even be a consideration. Watford should never be seen in the same breath as Everton when it comes to aspirations, however such has been our fall this season that might not be the case.

November 20, 2017, 08:15:39 PM
Reply #386

Ridge

Shouldn't even be a consideration. Watford should never be seen in the same breath as Everton when it comes to aspirations, however such has been our fall this season that might not be the case.

They are 1 of 19 rivals this season, reputation and 'big club' status guarantees nothing.

They are ahead of us in league, so if it helps, its no time for excessive pride or resentment, it could prove to be beneficial to us.

November 20, 2017, 09:42:39 PM
Reply #387

bacon sarnie

Like they said about Dyche on NBC why go to Everton?

November 20, 2017, 09:47:16 PM
Reply #388

School of Science

Like they said about Dyche on NBC why go to Everton?

More money, much more potential, bigger crowds and historically a much bigger and better club mate, oh with a new ground on the Mersey to come. Apart from that little else.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 20, 2017, 09:50:34 PM
Reply #389

bacon sarnie

More money, much more potential, bigger crowds and historically a much bigger and better club mate, oh with a new ground on the Mersey to come. Apart from that little else.

Ta SoS la. Is what I yelled at the screen. Ignorant bastards!