December 15, 2018, 10:47:37 AM

Author Topic: [News]Watford deny Everton a Silva lining  (Read 32403 times)

December 31, 2017, 10:47:25 PM
Reply #510

Bluedylan

I see you've gone down the route of typing 'hoofball' in every post. Mud sticks I suppose but it's real lowest common denominator stuff.

When the hoofball stops, I promise I'll stop typing it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 31, 2017, 10:48:03 PM
Reply #511

ally2

When the hoofball stops, I promise I'll stop typing it.

We haven't been playing it

December 31, 2017, 10:48:43 PM
Reply #512

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
And what stellar name would you have got in to turn around a potential relegation scrap to a fight for the top 4?

Mikel Arteta

December 31, 2017, 10:49:36 PM
Reply #513

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 31, 2017, 10:49:55 PM
Reply #514

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno what you've been watching if you think that
Simply simply lovely

December 31, 2017, 10:52:50 PM
Reply #515

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

You are fucking messing now aren't you?

December 31, 2017, 10:56:13 PM
Reply #516

Faceatthefence

Considering weve chucked 10m payoffs apiece at our last two failures,has anyone given a moments thought that SA could be fired in the summer should a viable candidate/target come available.Ruthless business decision i know,but dont think many tears would be shed by the fanbase.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

December 31, 2017, 10:56:59 PM
Reply #517

ally2

Dunno what you've been watching if you think that

There's a difference between making defensive clearances as a part of defending, and using long balls as a primary way to attack. If you want to criticise the team for being defensive (and therefore having to make more clearances) then I've no issue with that, and I'd like us to attack more as well but if you think this is long ball football a la Wimbledon c.1988 then you're wrong.

December 31, 2017, 10:57:33 PM
Reply #518

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Considering weve chucked 10m payoffs apiece at our last two failures,has anyone given a moments thought that SA could be fired in the summer should a viable candidate/target come available.Ruthless business decision i know,but dont think many tears would be shed by the fanbase.

It would only cost us 6 million if we did this time.

If someone who could make a big difference came in, then I'd be all for it. But to sack him and simply replace with someone else who would largely do the same, no point.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 31, 2017, 11:03:09 PM
Reply #519

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
There's a difference between making defensive clearances as a part of defending, and using long balls as a primary way to attack. If you want to criticise the team for being defensive (and therefore having to make more clearances) then I've no issue with that, and I'd like us to attack more as well but if you think this is long ball football a la Wimbledon c.1988 then you're wrong.

90% of our attacks start with a Pickford long ball up the pitch.

Granted it's been that way for most of the season, but we've regressed offensively under allardyce and there's been no desire to get the ball on the deck and play.

I don't actually have a problem with being direct and playing long. My issue is having no one within 30 yards of the striker because we defend so deep.

December 31, 2017, 11:16:43 PM
Reply #520

ally2

90% of our attacks start with a Pickford long ball up the pitch.

Granted it's been that way for most of the season, but we've regressed offensively under allardyce and there's been no desire to get the ball on the deck and play.

I don't actually have a problem with being direct and playing long. My issue is having no one within 30 yards of the striker because we defend so deep.

I'm also confused why our striker is always left so isolated.

90% is a big exaggeration though. And anyway a keeper kicking to a centre forward also does not constitute hoofball - it's either a necessary clearance under pressure or a goal kick. And I agree that playing these pieces short to likes of Williams and Jagielka would be a bad idea.

January 01, 2018, 12:01:24 AM
Reply #521

therealdunc

Their nasty anti Everton agenda is there for everyone to see

Leave them to hate, I feel sorry for them
Blue

January 01, 2018, 12:18:32 AM
Reply #522

BlueBeagle

The young manager that plays so-called 'attractive' football at lower-mid table clubs always get brought up yet how often do they work out for longer than 18 months max before getting sacked?

Current flavour of the month is seemingly Silva.

Off the top of my head in the last few years we've had:
Martinez
Laudrup
Monk
AVB
Billic

I'm sure there's many more if I could be arsed to look.

January 01, 2018, 12:19:53 AM
Reply #523

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Your a cunt
Simply simply lovely

January 01, 2018, 12:24:25 AM
Reply #524

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I feel sorry for the lad who's spent a lot of his Christmas break being a WUM on an Internet forum.

Really sad.