November 18, 2018, 08:41:46 PM

Author Topic: [News]Watford deny Everton a Silva lining  (Read 31441 times)

November 16, 2017, 04:55:58 AM
Reply #15

Jamokachi

"Sick of the negativity on here at the moment" sick of something to the point of making a comment on it yet you don't give a fuck?

But yeah whatever.

Haha, a comment that took all of two seconds. It must be the end of my world. Woe is me.

Honestly, be as cheerful or as miserable (or anywhere in between as you like), it really is of no major concern.

November 18, 2017, 04:03:59 AM
Reply #16

Jamokachi

Thanks.  8.5-10m in compensation! I hope that's not accurate

Why? What does it matter?

November 18, 2017, 04:17:42 AM
Reply #17

Jamokachi

8-10m would buy a very average player these days, and the manager is far more important of an area.

November 18, 2017, 06:16:21 PM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

Same people saying the amount of compensation doesn't matter are the same people who continued to try and justify paying 45mil for sigurdson.

We can't just throw money around constantly over paying for people. It's shows desperation on our part and it's something Moshiri continues to do.

Only so far a club can do this for before it all falls apart.

Granted, but we the fans are not the one who dictate prices. 10m for a manager seems very reasonable in this climate.

November 18, 2017, 06:28:21 PM
Reply #19

Jamokachi

But when you consider we've spent close to what we paid for for Sigurdsson in managers over the past couple of years, it begins to get alarming.

It's only alarming if you can't afford it.

November 18, 2017, 06:35:00 PM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

Quickest way to losing a fortune is that kind of attitude.

A fool and his money are easily parted.

I'm guessing that a multi-billionaire's accountant is no fool with his money. Just a guess.

November 18, 2017, 06:41:21 PM
Reply #21

Jamokachi

Trump's a multi billionaire too. Look at how many bankruptcy's he has to his name. Football is one of those bottomless pits.

No, Moshiri is an accountant by trade. There's no similarities to be drawn here.

November 18, 2017, 06:55:15 PM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

And? You've never heard of accountants going bust? Of course the similarity can be drawn.

The point is, we need to make sure this next appointment is right and if it takes a while longer with Unsworth at the helm, then so be it.

Of course, but the comparisons to that imbecile are silly.

And yes, we all want the next appointment to work out.

November 20, 2017, 01:29:25 PM
Reply #23

Jamokachi

More than anything, I'd like us to appoint a manager to put an end to the mind numbing debate on here.

December 05, 2017, 03:28:16 PM
Reply #24

Jamokachi

They're both only responding to loaded questions from the media. No need for there to be a song and dance.

December 05, 2017, 04:31:31 PM
Reply #25

Jamokachi

That's a fair comment. I often get quite irritated by the way the press questions are not included with the widely reported quotes of what people say. Context is king.

Reporter: So, Sam. Everton wanted Silva. What makes you the better man for the job?

Sam: Well I didn't get Hull relegated...

Reporter writes: Big Sam calls out Little Silva, calls him a nonce.

Silva: Fuck you Big Sam, you dinosaur. Peter Crouch is a God.

Peter Crouch: <sings> Like a virgin... touched for the very first time <sings>

*I may or may not be paraphrasing here.

December 17, 2017, 05:35:08 AM
Reply #26

Jamokachi

I think our pursuit of Silva has massively affected Watford's recent performance. His head was turned, and the players know it.