November 14, 2018, 11:10:21 AM

Author Topic: [News]Watford deny Everton a Silva lining  (Read 31233 times)

November 20, 2017, 12:05:09 AM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Haha, 'Martinez Fundamentalist' 😂

It was a bit messianic at times.

November 20, 2017, 03:42:15 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Transfers, just like managerial appointments are a real gamble and whilst I agree about Coleman, Artea and Cahill (who couldnt), there was also the Bilyaletdinov, Koldrup, van der Meyde. I think Moyes got a lot more plaudits due to the financial constraints he was working under but I bet there were more 'Coleman' type transfers that went pear shaped that we never heard much about?

I also dont think our recruitment was that bad when you break it down, we got Englands future keeper and centre back, Vlasic who looks quality (why Unsworth doesnt even have him in the squad is beyond me), Lookman, DCL, Sigurdsson who is proven quality. We took a punt on Sandro, but in todays market there probably isnt anyone that wouldnt have done that. Yes, not getting a striker was neglect at the highest level, but I do think were only a few players off having a very decent team again.

We could get a few quid from offloading the likes of Schneiderlin, Mirallas and Klaassan to put towards a decent striker and left back. Barkley will be off too so there's his January fee into the pot towards a new centre half. There's a lot in there to assist with the inevitable purchases that will have to come when any new manager comes in.

November 20, 2017, 07:17:19 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

I think klassen could well offer more than Sigurdsson is at the moment.

Nah not having that. At the minute I'm not sure Klaassan could offer anything we need. If we were playing free flowing football he might, at a push, be a nice little cog in a well oiled machine but as we can't string two passes together we need players who have individual attributes to get something moving.

November 20, 2017, 08:06:24 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

If we don't get Silva now, we've shafted Watford and their fans opinion of him. So that's nice

Shouldn't even be a consideration. Watford should never be seen in the same breath as Everton when it comes to aspirations, however such has been our fall this season that might not be the case.

December 05, 2017, 02:54:46 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Think Silva was well within his right to mention something and what he said was reasonable. He didn't start this debate, it was our new manager trying to get on the front foot for no reason which kicked it off. It was in poor taste and totally unnecessary.

December 05, 2017, 03:10:42 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

Both sticking up for each other’s point of view / career.

Allardyce would have been asked direct about Silva (in comparison to himself), as in “you’re not as good”. 

Doesn’t need to respond (like that) but then neither does Silva.

It’s not a big deal, I don’t think.

It's not a big deal but it clearly sets a tone which was completely unnecessary. The perception of Allardyce as having a fairly large chip on his shoulder has been reinforced within days of starting a new job and he's experienced enough to know better. I didn't like the man when he wasn't our boss and acting like a petulant kid at 63 years old isn't a great way of ingratiating yourself to your new fanbase. Of course I'm slightly biased.