August 25, 2019, 12:32:46 AM

Author Topic: [News]Watford deny Everton a Silva lining  (Read 38824 times)

November 20, 2017, 06:01:33 AM
Reply #360

therealdunc

While Iím not a big fan of Silva, he is a far better option than Unsworth who is way out of his depth.

Blue

November 20, 2017, 06:04:35 AM
Reply #361

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I was really up for just letting Unsworth take the reigns until the end of the season. However, after listening to Silva speak and watching how Watford played today, I'm starting to lean more towards wanting Silva to come here.

Unfortunately, I think a new manager is only  50% of our problem. There are issues behind the scenes that even a new manager can't solve.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 20, 2017, 09:51:21 AM
Reply #362

MrWhite

If we get a new manager, we'll have the same issues and possibly some new ones. But they'll get time to understand and improve things.

Find it a bit strange why people seem to be expecting Unsworth to perform instant miracles.

But concern with Silva is defence has been issue at both clubs, and he had chance to buy players. He's had some heavy defeats.

I don't see our problem as needing to be more attacking, and I'm not sure we have personnel to outscore teams.

Itís not really strange. Modern culture, smart phones, internet etc has led to a state of:

Heís had five games, should have at least two trophies in the bag by now?

Oh for a Realist.. hmm or maybe not

November 20, 2017, 11:53:55 AM
Reply #363

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Our options are limited and I don't know why people are so fearful and would prefer us hoofing it to the big man under the other managers available.

The non existent big man as well.

Canít think that a good coach, with time to work on a system that they thinks will work, wouldnít think that they can vastly improve the attacking performances even if weíve some unbalances.

November 20, 2017, 12:36:46 PM
Reply #364

GrantyBoy78

If we get a manager based on getting the best out of the players we currently have we may as well call it a day.

I'm hoping we appoint a manager based on future aspirations.
Agree. I think the fans have now realised weíre in this mess because the players arenít good enough. The new manager will have to salvage what he can from this squad and bring in what he needs ASAP.

November 20, 2017, 01:08:36 PM
Reply #365

MmmblueBernard

Maybe we need a return to pragmatism ahead of an evolution to optimism. Kinda like the transition from Moyes to Martinez.

Without the bit where Martinez disassembles the coherent defensive unit obviously.......

So perhaps Dyche is the best option short term to sort out the mess?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 20, 2017, 01:29:25 PM
Reply #366

Jamokachi

More than anything, I'd like us to appoint a manager to put an end to the mind numbing debate on here.

November 20, 2017, 02:25:07 PM
Reply #367

Paddockoldie

I'd like the new manager to be the one who does the transfers and looks at the player before buying him. The DOF doesn't seem to be working here, perhaps because of that disconnect? Did Walsh decide we needed Siggy or was it Koeman as an example. Our best buys were by Moyes who has total say after players were scouted. This got us Coleman, Arteta and Cahill. He was known for being able to unearth great players for little outlay. If I was going to buy my missus a nice present I wouldn't ask someone who doesn't know her well to choose it for me because they're more likely to pick something she doesn't like even though it may be a nice thing.. hope that makes sense (does to me but I know her.. oh boy!!!)

November 20, 2017, 03:24:14 PM
Reply #368

Waltzer

I'd like the new manager to be the one who does the transfers and looks at the player before buying him. The DOF doesn't seem to be working here, perhaps because of that disconnect? Did Walsh decide we needed Siggy or was it Koeman as an example. Our best buys were by Moyes who has total say after players were scouted. This got us Coleman, Arteta and Cahill. He was known for being able to unearth great players for little outlay. If I was going to buy my missus a nice present I wouldn't ask someone who doesn't know her well to choose it for me because they're more likely to pick something she doesn't like even though it may be a nice thing.. hope that makes sense (does to me but I know her.. oh boy!!!)

Transfers, just like managerial appointments are a real gamble and whilst I agree about Coleman, Artea and Cahill (who couldnt), there was also the Bilyaletdinov, Koldrup, van der Meyde. I think Moyes got a lot more plaudits due to the financial constraints he was working under but I bet there were more 'Coleman' type transfers that went pear shaped that we never heard much about?

I also dont think our recruitment was that bad when you break it down, we got Englands future keeper and centre back, Vlasic who looks quality (why Unsworth doesnt even have him in the squad is beyond me), Lookman, DCL, Sigurdsson who is proven quality. We took a punt on Sandro, but in todays market there probably isnt anyone that wouldnt have done that. Yes, not getting a striker was neglect at the highest level, but I do think were only a few players off having a very decent team again.

November 20, 2017, 03:42:15 PM
Reply #369

Lxxx

Transfers, just like managerial appointments are a real gamble and whilst I agree about Coleman, Artea and Cahill (who couldnt), there was also the Bilyaletdinov, Koldrup, van der Meyde. I think Moyes got a lot more plaudits due to the financial constraints he was working under but I bet there were more 'Coleman' type transfers that went pear shaped that we never heard much about?

I also dont think our recruitment was that bad when you break it down, we got Englands future keeper and centre back, Vlasic who looks quality (why Unsworth doesnt even have him in the squad is beyond me), Lookman, DCL, Sigurdsson who is proven quality. We took a punt on Sandro, but in todays market there probably isnt anyone that wouldnt have done that. Yes, not getting a striker was neglect at the highest level, but I do think were only a few players off having a very decent team again.

We could get a few quid from offloading the likes of Schneiderlin, Mirallas and Klaassan to put towards a decent striker and left back. Barkley will be off too so there's his January fee into the pot towards a new centre half. There's a lot in there to assist with the inevitable purchases that will have to come when any new manager comes in.

November 20, 2017, 04:32:33 PM
Reply #370

Waltzer

We could get a few quid from offloading the likes of Schneiderlin, Mirallas and Klaassan to put towards a decent striker and left back. Barkley will be off too so there's his January fee into the pot towards a new centre half. There's a lot in there to assist with the inevitable purchases that will have to come when any new manager comes in.

Personally id keep Schneiderlin as I think he is a good player, we just need to get the right players around him, id also be inclined to give Klaassan 6 months under the new manager. Think Mirallas will be off and Barkley so that should be best part of £25 million you'd like to think

November 20, 2017, 04:35:15 PM
Reply #371

Macca77

Klaassan is shit hot on FIFA 18

November 20, 2017, 04:43:01 PM
Reply #372

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Klaassan is shit hot on FIFA 18

Heís a baller on PES as well.

I think heís a good player we just arenít using him very wel and he probably hasnít settled.

We bought sigurdssson, Klaassen, Rooney and Sandro - 4 players whoís careers have been all about working around a main striker. Arriving late in the box, picking up knock downs etc. All 4 good goalscorers.

But we didnít get the technical number 9 we needed. That was clearly the plan and for whatever reason it didnít happen so, whether the new man will see the same picture, or whether heíll have his own ideas weíll just have to wait and see.

Not writing any of the signings off yet, although Iím less than impressed with basically all of them - I do agree they will all need time and we need to see what they can do in a team that isnít an absolute state.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 20, 2017, 05:33:10 PM
Reply #373

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think klassen could well offer more than Sigurdsson is at the moment.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 20, 2017, 05:37:02 PM
Reply #374

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think klassen could well offer more than Sigurdsson is at the moment.

Was he bad at the weekend? Got an assist like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.