October 16, 2019, 02:10:16 PM

Author Topic: [News]Watford deny Everton a Silva lining  (Read 39933 times)

November 15, 2017, 01:11:41 PM
Read 39933 times

BlueBeagle

Sick of the negativity on here at the moment.

What do you expect?

November 16, 2017, 03:12:29 AM
Reply #1

BlueBeagle

For people to cheer the fuck up.

And who are you like?

I'm not moaning because I'm past the point of giving too much of a shit but it always makes me laugh when certain posters seem to think they have the authority or right to tell other members what to do, say or think. This forum is rife with it.

November 16, 2017, 04:51:36 AM
Reply #2

BlueBeagle

It's an observation lad, of here and the wider supporter base at present. I don't actually give a fuck how you or anyone else behave on here, and if you can't see the tongue firmly in cheek nature of my posts then that's your lookout. I thought the meme was fair giveaway

"Sick of the negativity on here at the moment" sick of something to the point of making a comment on it yet you don't give a fuck?

But yeah whatever.

December 31, 2017, 09:09:46 PM
Reply #3

BlueBeagle

Still a good manager and will prove it in the long run.

Based on what exactly, other than absolutely nothing of course?

December 31, 2017, 09:19:10 PM
Reply #4

BlueBeagle

His work with Estoril taking them from the second division to 5th and then 4th in the top tier on a shoe string budget.

Winning 28/30 matches to win the league with Olympiakos.

Taking a largely talentless squad like Hull and getting them playing great football despite losing their star player (Snodgrass) and acquiring more points in his 18 matches there and 6 other premier league teams.

Made a strong start to his Watford career but let's not pretend they're a great squad who should be anything more than midtable.

He's a talented manager who has already won more than Sam Allardyce.

Lower league accomplishments mean fuck all really do they or Neil Warnock would be a great manager, means even less abroad where the standard is even worse.

Great football at Hull, are you having a laugh? What in the name of god was supposed to be great about it, they were shit and went down.

December 31, 2017, 09:36:20 PM
Reply #5

BlueBeagle

When did Neil Warnock finish 4th and 5th in the premier league?

He didn't but finishing 4th and 5th in a league where most people can only name 3 teams from that country isn't all that really is it.

December 31, 2017, 09:40:58 PM
Reply #6

BlueBeagle

Whereas the premier league is stacked with quality.

Hell of a lot better than fucking Portugal

December 31, 2017, 10:04:32 PM
Reply #7

BlueBeagle

Finishing 4th and 5th with Estoril is significantly better than Warnock getting relegated with Sheffield United.

Especially when you do it by not playing dogshit hoofball.

Who do you reckon teams fear playing more this season, Watford or Everton?

Everton now seeing as we're higher than them in the league, have lost 1 in 8 whereas Watford have lost 5 in their last 8 in the league.

Speaks for itself really.

December 31, 2017, 10:07:36 PM
Reply #8

BlueBeagle

Bet teams shit themselves when the Everton 0-0 train comes into town.

Bet they shit in when they turn up to Watford and only stick 3 past em

December 31, 2017, 10:16:07 PM
Reply #9

BlueBeagle

Form is temporary.

What we're seeing from Allardyce is why he was chased out at the two previous 'big' jobs he had.

You need to get a grip mate. You're acting rather West Ham.

He's been here a matter of weeks after inheriting an absolute shambles of a squad whose confidence was at rock bottom and hasn't spent a penny yet.

We're now picking up points instead of getting dicked every single week without fail.

I'm absolutely certain that Silva would not have done a good a job at consolidating what little we currently have. If you do then good for you, I'm not arsed.

Silva playing 'great football' but not really getting results is a bit Martinez for me.

Don't bother quoting again cos I can't be arsed going over the same thing again with someone who just seems determined to bitch and moan about a pretty big upturn in results.

December 31, 2017, 10:32:29 PM
Reply #10

BlueBeagle

We don't need stabilising. Stabilising is going massively backwards.

Also having vast swathes of the club's fanbase despising the hoofball that we play does nothing to stabilise anything. It's massively destabilising and divisive.

And what stellar name would you have got in to turn around a potential relegation scrap to a fight for the top 4?

January 01, 2018, 12:18:32 AM
Reply #11

BlueBeagle

The young manager that plays so-called 'attractive' football at lower-mid table clubs always get brought up yet how often do they work out for longer than 18 months max before getting sacked?

Current flavour of the month is seemingly Silva.

Off the top of my head in the last few years we've had:
Martinez
Laudrup
Monk
AVB
Billic

I'm sure there's many more if I could be arsed to look.

January 01, 2018, 12:37:57 AM
Reply #12

BlueBeagle

You raise a good point but I wouldn’t say Bilic or Monk ever played attractive football.

Pochettino is definitely a manager who was able to continue his success at a bigger club and I’d argue Rodgers as well.

It's relative. They were the best WHU side to watch I remember in a long time but still a far cry from Barcelona.

As for Rodgers, good managers don't manage Celtic after Liverpool.