December 16, 2019, 12:06:19 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Atalanta  (Read 23594 times)

November 24, 2017, 05:11:06 AM
Reply #480

gizzblue

Fooking awful .
Born not made a blue .

November 24, 2017, 05:45:49 AM
Reply #481

Everton Mint

Watching that tonight the problems now look so enormous I dont think any manager can fix them in the short-term.

I will be amazed if we're not relegated.

November 24, 2017, 05:59:10 AM
Reply #482

bacon sarnie

'The Toffees had already been eliminated before the game but caretaker manager David Unsworth selected a strong side featuring Wayne Rooney, Kevin Mirallas and Ashley Williams.' BBC

Having a laugh now aren't they.

November 24, 2017, 06:11:54 AM
Reply #483

indiantoffee1975

The club is rotten from top to bottom.

The sad part is that i'm not even disappointed as it was expected.

The club went to the dogs long long ago.

November 24, 2017, 06:50:10 AM
Reply #484

Bally

Administrator
The only word I'm not lost for is debarcle
Yet you're still lost for debacle
It's the roll I way

November 24, 2017, 07:23:27 AM
Reply #485

Omar

fuck, how did we all feel in June?
You come at the king, you best not miss.

November 24, 2017, 08:46:29 AM
Reply #486

Nick

I can't see us surviving with Rhino at the helm.  If that is Rooney's idea of a great atmosphere between the players who are enjoying training, he's taking the piss isn't he?!?

Unsworth means well and he clearly loves the club but that isn't enough.  It's a job, not an ideology.  I can't imagine him being able to attract the players we need to stay up.

We need a proven manager, someone who can turn things around in a short space of time and they need to be given 150m at least to spend in January.  At the same time, offload the crap.  Take a loss if we have to and just accept it as a dark part of the club's history.

Problems solved.  Premier league survival, champions league qualification, FA Cup win, League cup win, new stadium, 100% capacity each week, best pitch, best home/away/third kit, best pies, Best of the Best DVD (staring Eric Roberts) on sale in the club shop...

Nurse I need another hit please.

November 24, 2017, 08:49:29 AM
Reply #487

Nick

'The Toffees had already been eliminated before the game but caretaker manager David Unsworth selected a strong side featuring Wayne Rooney, Kevin Mirallas and Ashley Williams.' BBC

Having a laugh now aren't they.

They clearly meant 'strong' as in looks.  Chiselled jaw lines and the like...big thing at the Beeb.

November 24, 2017, 09:43:05 AM
Reply #488

KingOfNapaValley

Something is definitely fucked up badly at Everton, I actually wonder if there is a manager out there that can fix it this season.

I wondering if there is one who really even wants to TRY.

November 24, 2017, 01:02:50 PM
Reply #489

therealdunc

Anyone who attends this even if they already have a ticket is the worst kind of mug fan and you deserve everything you get.

This game is even more pointless than a pre season friendly , I would rather eat a plate of dog muck than go

Proven correct again

Why people attend this game I have no idea, if you support crap you endorse crap

Would have been a far better message to Moshiri if the ground was completely empty (away end the exception)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 01:04:26 PM by therealdunc »
Blue

November 24, 2017, 02:01:55 PM
Reply #490

april

You got his number?
Hes nailed on for the Apostle Limassol job.
Toffeegirls Rule.

November 24, 2017, 02:46:15 PM
Reply #491

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I am going to attempt to play this down, probably to no avail.

But this was a pointless game, with nothing to play for, and with 9 changes to the team. Yes the performance was absolutely terrible, but it actually means nothing in the context of our season. Nothing.

What does mean something is Southampton (a). Avoid defeat here and we are then a huge 3 games unbeaten in the league. Unbelievable stuff.

Get your heads up, and move on.

November 24, 2017, 02:46:25 PM
Reply #492

Rhys

Which is great. The reality is though if we play like that all season we'll go down. If palace play like that all season (if we started again) they'd win the league
Performances generate results in the long term. Them results were just a fluke. Great for us but zero reason for optimism

The other way of looking at is we have been playing like that all season so far and we aren't even in the relegation zone. So if we pick even slightly and look like some kind of team with a small bit of organisation then we will move away from those teams.

Not hiding from how bad we look especially last night though and it isn't easy to just turn performance levels around which is why it is even more baffling he hasn't gone with solid first lineups most of the he has been in charge for.

November 24, 2017, 03:07:59 PM
Reply #493

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
17,362 (including 4,000 Italians and 63 Germans)

Official attendance was 17,431 !  Where do I collect my prize Gash ?

November 24, 2017, 03:08:44 PM
Reply #494

Rodenplav64

I think Unsworth should have a clear idea about who doesn't even make the bench on Sunday . The players were a disgrace last night and his and anyones job is going to be made difficult by the fact . I wish he would just play 4-4-2 even if that means leaving players out of this disjointed mess . Even if he only has one game left stick to a formation for the whole game and don't change it . Its too easy to say last night meant fuck all ( to the payers anyway ) because it means something to us to get smashed at home . I am not sold on Silva but I will take him as like Super Kev said last night it gives stability . Unsworth I son a tightrope from week to week and it just isn't fair to leave him in the firing line while the board dither .