September 24, 2018, 03:22:02 AM

Author Topic: Jonjoe Kenny  (Read 11818 times)

November 20, 2017, 08:10:28 PM
Read 11818 times

Lxxx

Improved game by game. Funny that hey, a young kid getting better as he gets up to speed and gains confidence. He's already a better right back than Holgate so we're now sorted for the future. Coleman will be pulled in and out of the side for the remainder of the season when he comes back so as not to overload him and I think Kenny will do just fine.

November 20, 2017, 08:22:38 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Think he'll get a look in, when Coleman is back?  :whistle:

You wouldn't want Coleman playing every game as soon as he's fit after such a bad injury. Or certainly 90 minutes every game anyway.

November 20, 2017, 09:00:26 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

I was trying to highlight contradiction with Bolasie/Lookman comment you made...

Lookman isn't ready for first team action though.

November 24, 2017, 08:10:23 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Bonkers to replace him with Feeney last night. Couldn't for the life of me work out why, unless he was keeping him fresh for weekend.

November 30, 2017, 04:26:36 AM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Wouldn't surprise me if we gave Coleman a shot at right wing as part of this rehab back into the team. Probably a better right winger than most of our right winger style players, and would of course firm up that right side too. The sooner he is back the better imo, not just the playing side, but having his drive and passion around the other lads too.

Not sure why you wouldn't play your best right back at right back. It's usually the reason they play where they do.

December 01, 2017, 06:01:52 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Sessegnon from Fulham is who we want.

Back to Kenny. If we all honest with ourselves, we know that if he played for a bigger club he would be in the England squad by now...

If he lined up across the park he'd have played in the friendlies just gone. Guaranteed. Solanke even got a call up and he's not even started a game for Liverpool yet.

December 03, 2017, 04:36:38 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

He’s signed for six years. Not gonna get him

That just looks good for the fans. Celtic aren't in any position to turn down decent money for players and stand in their way if they want to progress.

December 03, 2017, 04:38:11 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

I like the way he drops the shoulder and drives inside and puts players on the back foot. Looks to make things happen instead of square balls and safety first.

December 04, 2017, 07:32:13 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

Most improved player for me. Looked shaky at the start and the knives were out early on, harshly so. Since then he's grown in stature and bombed up and down the right like a young Coleman. Lennon has provided a good balance for his learning curve, not sure what he'd be like with a Bolasie for example but there's no need for Allardyce to be looking to sign any more right backs in the near future. 

December 09, 2017, 06:45:19 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

We need 2 left backs so thats plural

Do we?

December 11, 2017, 05:10:29 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

Don't get this obsession with our fans tying to shoehorn decent players into other positions for fear of having more than one boss player for the same spot. It's small time mentality.

Let Coleman and Kenny fight it out for the right back slot and may the best player win. It's what the bigger clubs do all the time and what makes players hungry to find that extra % in games to improve the team as a whole. Get that all round the park and success will come.