July 23, 2018, 09:15:41 AM

Author Topic: Who should we sell?  (Read 1842 times)

November 24, 2017, 04:44:41 AM
Reply #15

Shogun

Administrator
I can definitely see a scenario where Swansea look to take Williams back.

Between that deal + Mirralas to WHU, you could get the guts of 15m in. Given it has gone deathly quiet re: when Barkley will return (4 weeks ago Unsworth said he was 3 weeks away), I'd say he's spoken again to officials to confirm he wants out. There's another 15m.

Spurs won't buy Barkley, they'll just pick him up on a free in the summer.

They called his bluff in the summer with the Chelsea stuff and it showed whose really in charge.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 24, 2017, 04:50:11 AM
Reply #16

Thornton_19

He's not being singled out. Everyone has got pelters, he shouldn't be exempt because he's new in, used to captain Ajax and looks like he 'might be class when we're playing better.'
But my argument is people aren't saying sell Davies, sell Gueye. Who have been just as bad.

He is not exempt but he doesn't deserve to be made scapegoat.

November 24, 2017, 04:58:45 AM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

Between that deal + Mirralas to WHU, you could get the guts of 15m in. Given it has gone deathly quiet re: when Barkley will return (4 weeks ago Unsworth said he was 3 weeks away), I'd say he's spoken again to officials to confirm he wants out. There's another 15m.

We are 2 thirds of the way to another Sigurdsson. God help us

November 24, 2017, 05:11:56 AM
Reply #18

Coyney83

Alli out of form, into the knockout stages of the CL and looking for quality re-enforcements who aren't cup-tied and can also support a push for a top 4 finish, I'd be surprised if Spurs don't move for Barkley in Jan.

November 24, 2017, 05:13:05 AM
Reply #19

bacon sarnie

The fucking lot.

November 24, 2017, 06:33:27 AM
Reply #20

MrWhite

More imagination with Barkley. Unsworth mentioned him in the last couple of days and he is apparently a couple of weeks away.

November 24, 2017, 06:41:56 AM
Reply #21

Heisenberg

The worrying thing is how much we seem to have spent, and ended up with not a lot of resellable value. God knows how we will get around finacial fair play sorting this mess

November 24, 2017, 09:00:15 AM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Why anyone would want to sell Barkley in the position were in now amazes me. I dont care about the fee, we need a player of his quality in the midfield, we then hopefully get to sort it out in the summer. Id certainly not be confident about replacing him given the last window.

November 24, 2017, 09:19:06 AM
Reply #23

Nick

Start with Williams.

Jags has got to be put out to pasture.

I think we're going to have to take the hit on Keane.

So that's 3 defenders needing replacing already.

We're stuck with Rooney for the time being.  He's a team player, puts in a shift, even if that shift doesn't amount to much.

Sandro is having a go but beside his well taken goal tonight, he hasn't offered anything.  How long should we wait for the goods?

Not looking good for McCarthy, Lennon, Mirallas.  Klaason is in the same boat as Sandro.

Sigurdsson is worth sticking with but he hasn't looked like he's too keen of late.

We are truly in the shit.  Need a new defence, a couple of strikers and some (fit) threats out wide.  Lookman will come good, as will DCL but both a little raw for the time being.

November 24, 2017, 01:00:36 PM
Reply #24

therealdunc

Lennon
Besic
Klassen
Williams
Mirallas
Schneidlerlin

Journeymen the lot of them

I would add jagielka and Baines to that list if we had suitable replacements, both well past it
Blue

November 24, 2017, 01:11:44 PM
Reply #25

Bluebridge

But my argument is people aren't saying sell Davies, sell Gueye. Who have been just as bad.

He is not exempt but he doesn't deserve to be made scapegoat.
He hasn't shown anything at all though, Davies is a young boy playing in a struggling team, so you can't bring him into the arguement, and to be honest I think Davies is doing ok, at least he shows for the ball all the time and gets stuck in, Klassen so far has offered NOTHING.

November 24, 2017, 01:43:09 PM
Reply #26

sirblue57

Feel.sorru for Unsworth. We have a lot of players, Yet no team. It's awful We have spent so much and have a mediocre bunch of gutless pricks.
Fed up of so called professional's just giving up without any passion or pride. Fuck em all.
And if this board dont get a grip they can fuck off as well.
We need a clear out from the very top, fuck sentiment, get professional or we are relegated. No way will we stay up with this lot on and off the pitch.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 24, 2017, 02:26:44 PM
Reply #27

Hawkandro

I am not going to write Klaassen off yet. Eriksen wasn't too great in his first season, and look at him now. Yep, he is going through a wretched run of form at the moment, but only playing 45-50 minutes every other 3 weeks is not going to help.

Give him the rest of the season to acclimatise, get a manager in who actually knows what he wants from his players and I think we will see the player a lot of people were raving about.

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 29, 2017, 07:44:36 PM
Reply #28

Thomas

He hasn't shown anything at all though, Davies is a young boy playing in a struggling team, so you can't bring him into the arguement, and to be honest I think Davies is doing ok, at least he shows for the ball all the time and gets stuck in, Klassen so far has offered NOTHING.
I have always said if Tom wasn't Scouse or less workmanlike and more of a Ross Barkley he would be getting hell from our fans. He has been poor this season and is average at best for where we ultimately aim to be.

December 10, 2017, 09:44:29 PM
Reply #29

Morta75

Maybe we can add Schneiderlin and Besic to the list... think's Sam will perform a proper overhauling in January I think