October 22, 2018, 01:40:50 AM

Author Topic: Southampton vs Everton  (Read 19747 times)

November 24, 2017, 07:26:50 PM
Reply #30

cantoffee

Park the bus and get a clean fucking sheet. Doesn't matter how ugly it is, we need something to build on.

November 24, 2017, 07:27:42 PM
Reply #31

Mac934

Pickford

Kenny    Feeney    Jagielka    Baines

Lennon    Gueye    Davies    Vlasic

Siggurdson

Calvert-Lewin

Is Niasse actually banned? Not seen anything to confirm it, also aren't they contesting the charge.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

November 24, 2017, 09:18:54 PM
Reply #32

Rodenplav64

We will fucking batter these .

November 24, 2017, 09:27:22 PM
Reply #33

Evertonian in NC

So long as it's Jags and somebody.  Would prefer Jags and Feeney/Holgate because it's not the shower we saw from yesterday.  I can't the taste of that defensive "effort" out of my mouth.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 24, 2017, 09:34:13 PM
Reply #34

Bluenose 91

If our centre back options weren't so poor it would be a good move to leave Keane out for this and maybe a few more games.

Just looks like his head has completely gone.  It's one thing not being very good but he's done some properly bizarre stuff in recent games.  No way can he be as bad as he's showed lately.

Reality is though the back up options aren't likely to fare much better.

November 24, 2017, 09:50:01 PM
Reply #35

Evertonian in NC

If our centre back options weren't so poor it would be a good move to leave Keane out for this and maybe a few more games.

Just looks like his head has completely gone.  It's one thing not being very good but he's done some properly bizarre stuff in recent games.  No way can he be as bad as he's showed lately.

Reality is though the back up options aren't likely to fare much better.

think it's at least 80% mental with him, you're right.  Like someone said yesterday, we really do miss Funes Mori, believe it or not!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 24, 2017, 09:51:51 PM
Reply #36

Bluenose 91

think it's at least 80% mental with him, you're right.  Like someone said yesterday, we really do miss Funes Mori, believe it or not!

You'd do well to find someone who rates Funes Mori less than me but I actually agree.

Purely just as another option with the bonus of being left footed. 

November 24, 2017, 09:59:33 PM
Reply #37

Rhys

Tend to agree in the main, but trying to pick the front 3 is really hard. Rooney's the only player who can pass, Calvert-Lewin's the only one who holds it up and Niasse (more of a concern going forward obviously) is the only one who can score.

How do you find a balance when the players all have massive limitations?

An option for this game could be;

Pickford

Kenny  Jags      Keane    Baines

Gueye  Schneiderlin  Sigurdsson

Lennon       DCL        Rooney

That way get the legs and running of DCL and Lennon plus some hold up play. Players who protect the ball out wide in lennon and rooney. Get a passer in Rooney high up and one in midfield with Sigurdsson. He plays deep for Iceland in a two a lot so he should be able to play a disciplined role in a 3 and link up with the front 3.

At the moment Davies isnt an option. Schneiderlin been really bad but still think he is playing better than Davies or doing less wrong. Klaassen certainly isnt an option. Even willing to try Besic!

November 24, 2017, 10:07:25 PM
Reply #38

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Seems Davies is actually suspended (5 bookings) for this anyway.

November 24, 2017, 10:08:32 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

Jags and Holgate at the back for me. One game a week from here on in so plenty of recovery time. Play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and try and pick the same team every week, give them chance to work up some form and relationships.

Having said that it'll be none of the above, we're getting beat again and the world will be falling in once more.

November 24, 2017, 10:19:52 PM
Reply #40

Evertonian in NC

Back when Funes Mori was getting match time, we were looking down our noses at 6-rated performances.  How long has it been since a non-Jagielka scored a 6 or better at CB?

November 24, 2017, 10:37:11 PM
Reply #41

sam of the south

Pickford
      Kenny Holgate Jagielka Baines
            Baningime Schneiderlin
                       Rooney
          Lookman Sandro Vlasic

Robles, Keane, Davies, Gana, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Calvert-Lewin
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 24, 2017, 10:43:30 PM
Reply #42

boothill

Aren't Southampton struggling to score? Can picture their strike force all ending their goal droughts!!
Thats been the way since i can remember that

November 24, 2017, 10:45:14 PM
Reply #43

kramer0

GK: Pickford
RB: Kenny
CB: Jagielka
CB: Williams
LB: Baines
RM: Vlasic
CM: Baningime
CM: Rooney
LM: Sigurdsson
CF: Sandro
CF: Calvert-Lewin

Rooney because we need a midfielder who can pass, Beni stays at home and mops up. Sigurdsson and Vlasic tuck in to support the central midfielders. Anyone willing to run behind the defense is welcome in those CF positions.

Yeah, it's not great, but who knows at this point?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:47:49 PM by kramer0 »

November 24, 2017, 10:49:11 PM
Reply #44

Evertonian in NC

GK: Pickford
RB: Kenny
CB: Jagielka
CB: Williams
LB: Baines
RM: Vlasic
CM: Baningime
CM: Rooney
LM: Sigurdsson
CF: Sandro
CF: Calvert-Lewin

Rooney because we need a midfielder who can pass, Beni stays at home and mops up. Anyone willing to run behind the defense is welcome in those CF positions.

Yeah, it's not great, but who knows at this point?

I'd probably swap in Lennon for Vlasic, otherwise...yeah, probably best we can do if Holgate isn't available to sub for Williams.  I liked what I saw of Rooney once he dropped deeper in midfield, Beni is more than capable of handling the dirty work.