December 13, 2019, 07:43:08 PM

Author Topic: Southampton vs Everton  (Read 31757 times)

November 26, 2017, 10:56:33 PM
Reply #810

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
I have been supporting Everton since my Dad started taking me in the 60's. In all my time being a Blue, I have lived through some fantastic times and some pretty low ones. I have followed us religiously, both home and away.
I am fortunate enough to remember different decades when I never even contemplated us getting beat. Even if we went behind, I was always convinced that we would pull one back and go on to win (most of the time we did).
I also vividly remember the days of Billy Bingham, Gordon Lee, Mike Walker and Walter Smith. That was hard to watch (maybe I'm being a little harsh on Bingham). But in all that time, the thought of relegation never once crossed my mind, Never!
Even with the 2 Great Escapes of 94 and 98 against Wimbledon and Coventry, I was convinced of our survival. But now???
Make no mistake, we are in big trouble and if things are not sorted at Board Room level quickly, with the appointment of a competent manager followed by massive support in the January window, I fear we are sunk.
I have listened to the many opinions of what has gone wrong with us. I personally cannot attribute it to one person or one act. To completely implode in such a short period of time is both baffling and frightening.
Unsworth is a man out his depth and should not be in the position he has found himself thrust into.
For the first time ever in my life, I am concerned that we will be relegated. And make no mistake, unless we act, and act right now, we will.
The time for talking is over and Mr Moshri has to act immediately.

I have to agree. My first game was 1963 V Blackpool. This is the most dishevelled and disorganised I have seen Everton Football Club. It's serious this time around, no doubt about it. Hovis Granary's a nice loaf btw.
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

November 26, 2017, 11:01:49 PM
Reply #811

TheTone

respect to all blues on here but the posts of 'I've been a supporter since 1898 and this is the worst i've ever seen us' do my head in

November 26, 2017, 11:04:05 PM
Reply #812

Rodenplav64

I have to concede that with the players he has available Unsworth is out of his depth . He does not have a hope in hell of getting a tune out of them . With Pickford , Keane , Williams , Jagielka and Baines to chose from at the back any manager who comes to this club will perform a fucking miracle to keep a clean sheet this side of Christmas . I reckon Joe Royle whispered in Unsworths ear " Lad this is beyond dogshit get your coat " . Blame fairly and squarely on Moshiri and the board . Koeman is probably thinking " Oumar do I look like I give a fuck I don't have a locker now " .

November 26, 2017, 11:08:23 PM
Reply #813

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
respect to all blues on here but the posts of 'I've been a supporter since 1898 and this is the worst i've ever seen us' do my head in

The main thing is, do you like Hovis Granary?  :)
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

November 26, 2017, 11:14:23 PM
Reply #814

chang

It is grim right now, Those who put the money in (owner and fans) have to be worried right now, those that take the money out (players) don't seem by their repeated failure and lack of commitment ... we have after all played over 20 games now, appear to give a toss or simply not be good enough.

Personally just clinging to the fact that a couple of wins is massive when you look at the table right now, OK is a big ask with our goals against tally, but you have to believe that we will turn this around.

Like him, or loath him, the thinking behind leaving Rooney, an experienced footballer on the bench today is something that only those making the decision could explain.

November 26, 2017, 11:17:52 PM
Reply #815

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
It is grim right now, Those who put the money in (owner and fans) have to be worried right now, those that take the money out (players) don't seem by their repeated failure and lack of commitment ... we have after all played over 20 games now, appear to give a toss or simply not be good enough.

Personally just clinging to the fact that a couple of wins is massive when you look at the table right now, OK is a big ask with our goals against tally, but you have to believe that we will turn this around.

Like him, or loath him, the thinking behind leaving Rooney, an experienced footballer on the bench today is something that only those making the decision could explain.

It's possible it could be a disciplinary issue. I'm not saying it is like, but I can't see what it could be other than that. :-\

November 26, 2017, 11:18:32 PM
Reply #816

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney left us as a club staring relegation in the face. He's come back to the same. Wtf? lol
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 26, 2017, 11:24:22 PM
Reply #817

Omar

Christ on a stick, we are dreadful!
You come at the king, you best not miss.

November 26, 2017, 11:26:05 PM
Reply #818

pjk

NSNO Subscriber

November 26, 2017, 11:35:14 PM
Reply #819

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This speaks volumes.

https://twitter.com/rodgerarmstrong/status/934808230437511170

I thought that was a pic of Kenny playing Southampton onside for their 3rd goal.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 26, 2017, 11:39:18 PM
Reply #820

Evertonian in NC

Rooney left us as a club staring relegation in the face. He's come back to the same. Wtf? lol

Circle of liiiiiiiiiiffffffe
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

November 26, 2017, 11:48:53 PM
Reply #821

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
People need to stay calm. We not getting relegated. We were crap today but get any manager in, even Koeman and we will be ok. We just need to pick a better team. Set up defensively and look to play on the break or hope for some quality form Gylfi, Rooney etc. Rooney has to play. He is a better midfielder than anyone at the club. He is a better striker than anyone at the club and possibly even a better no 10 than anyone bar possibly Barkley. He just has to play.

Managing us now is quite easy I reckon. Set up to contain and play on the break. Stop the spaces. Slowly pick up points here and there. We get to 45 points and everyone thinks you a miracle worker.

Shows how clueless Unsworth is that he can't do simple things. Even Holgate one mistake a game is better than any of Keane, Williams or Jags.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 26, 2017, 11:52:48 PM
Reply #822

KoemansNumberTens

People need to stay calm. We not getting relegated. We were crap today but get any manager in, even Koeman and we will be ok. We just need to pick a better team. Set up defensively and look to play on the break or hope for some quality form Gylfi, Rooney etc. Rooney has to play. He is a better midfielder than anyone at the club. He is a better striker than anyone at the club and possibly even a better no 10 than anyone bar possibly Barkley. He just has to play.

Managing us now is quite easy I reckon. Set up to contain and play on the break. Stop the spaces. Slowly pick up points here and there. We get to 45 points and everyone thinks you a miracle worker.

Shows how clueless Unsworth is that he can't do simple things. Even Holgate one mistake a game is better than any of Keane, Williams or Jags.

Genuinely can't believe that there's still people who think it's impossible we could go down.

November 26, 2017, 11:53:54 PM
Reply #823

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

While I'd love for you to apply for the job, I can't but help think about all your patients you'd be leaving behind.

November 26, 2017, 11:54:46 PM
Reply #824

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I thought the rainbow thing was about the whole bacon lettuce and tomato range? or am i just getting old and out of patience with all the pc shite?

Try your patience does it yeah, some shoe laces.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.