August 18, 2018, 07:58:08 AM

Author Topic: Which 3 teams can we finish above?  (Read 2953 times)

November 27, 2017, 04:13:55 AM
Reply #30

chang

I think the important thing right now is to recognise we are in trouble and be proactive about it - not roll through the rest of the season thinking we are too good to go down.

The players are key in this, I can't see a  player being crap on purpose, but likewise I can't believe the entire squad would lose form at the same time.

I think Palace, if their key players stay fit will work their way out the bottom three and I do honestly feel when Bolasie and Coleman are back to full fitness we will benefit from it.

Christmas 2014 Leicester were bottom, 10 points from 17 games...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:21:23 AM by chang »

November 27, 2017, 07:31:45 AM
Reply #31

boothill

Wolves , sheffield wed, ipswich

November 27, 2017, 08:01:45 AM
Reply #32

American Evertonian

We are lucky. At least we have money to invest in Jan. So many clubs that have gone down don't have the finances to bring in quality like we do - assuming we invest wisely of course.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

November 27, 2017, 10:14:22 AM
Reply #33

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We not going down, we have quality in our team that will see us through if it gets to that level. We will meander a little and finish maybe 11-12th and have a good cup run. There is no need to worry or panic.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 27, 2017, 10:42:53 AM
Reply #34

bluenuck

We not going down, we have quality in our team that will see us through if it gets to that level. We will meander a little and finish maybe 11-12th and have a good cup run. There is no need to worry or panic.

Don't bogart the joint. Pass it over.

November 27, 2017, 10:48:28 AM
Reply #35

blue1948

We are only three wins from a three game winning run . I watched some highlights yesterday and Cleverley looked world class compared to us yesterday.That is how far we have sunk . In itself that is enough to frighten any of us into realising this is a dire situation .

November 27, 2017, 10:54:54 AM
Reply #36

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We are only three wins from a three game winning run . I watched some highlights yesterday and Cleverley looked world class compared to us yesterday.That is how far we have sunk . In itself that is enough to frighten any of us into realising this is a dire situation .

It's dire because the players are playing badly not because they bad players. I have every confidence they can find some form during the season and go on an unbeaten 4-5 game run which will take us to safety.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:03:46 AM by Confucius »
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 27, 2017, 12:07:21 PM
Reply #37

montanatoffeefan

It's dire because the players are playing badly not because they bad players.

Problem is, after awhile, players playing badly are no different from bad players. And it's been awhile.

Everton forever.

November 27, 2017, 02:13:49 PM
Reply #38

sirblue57

tranmere, southport and wigan, at a push.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 27, 2017, 08:48:16 PM
Reply #39

cantoffee

It's dire because the players are playing badly not because they bad players. I have every confidence they can find some form during the season and go on an unbeaten 4-5 game run which will take us to safety.
Yes, I think if anything, seeing that Cleverly looks better than anyone in our team at the moment should show us that the players we have are far better than we've seen so far.

Cleverly wouldn't get in our top 20 players so we have the playing staff to pull ourselves out of this if we can get the right manager in.

That's obviously a risk but I think if we can appoint Silva or Dyche we would be fine, although I still feel Dyche has a ceiling so not that keen on him.

November 27, 2017, 09:01:22 PM
Reply #40

Hawkandro

Wolves
Sheffield Utd
Cardiff City
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 27, 2017, 09:17:51 PM
Reply #41

formerKHL

any 3 at the minute....
as long as we do...

November 27, 2017, 09:43:13 PM
Reply #42

BlueMaquis

Manchester United
Arsenal
Bournemouth

(Goodison Park elevation above sea level : 47m

Old Trafford elevation above sea level: 43m
Emirates Stadium elevation above sea level: 32.21m
Vitality Stadium elevation above sea level : 33m)

November 27, 2017, 09:50:47 PM
Reply #43

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

How many players would you say are quality?

November 27, 2017, 10:07:18 PM
Reply #44

montanatoffeefan

We are lucky. At least we have money to invest in Jan. So many clubs that have gone down don't have the finances to bring in quality like we do - assuming we invest wisely of course.

Considering how we've spent our money in recent windows and its impact on the team, that's actually daunting.
Everton forever.