October 19, 2018, 01:54:59 AM

Author Topic: If You Were Manager...  (Read 1879 times)

November 26, 2017, 11:27:47 PM
Read 1879 times

sam of the south

What squad and formation would you currently select?

Apart from being a chaotic club from top to bottom, being poorly coached, and lacking quality and confidence, those players could also really do with some continuity of style, tactics, and formation.

I would aim for a 3-3-1-3, which could change to 5-4-1, 4-3-3, or 4-4-2 with the below personnel, depending on need during a match.

This would be my squad right now.

Combative, forward passers in the centre of midfield, with Davies and Besic who can swiftly become full-backs if we need extra bodies at the back, or Davies could drop into RB, with Keane occupying LB, and Besic and Baningime manning the CM area, plus good pace among the front three, and Sigurdsson in the only position I could ever imagine him doing OK for us. I know Keane is playing poorly, but he must be better than Williams, surely?
I've also eliminated Mirallas and Schneiderlin because they are nobends, and Williams and Martina because they are abysmal, and DCL because he just isn't offering anything at the moment.

Pickford
           Holgate Jagielka Keane
           Davies Baningime Besic
                     Sigurdsson
            Vlasic Niasse Lookman

Robles, Kenny, Baines, Gana, Lennon, Sandro, Rooney

*feel free to thoroughly slaughter me, but I'm currently bored, and understandably depressed, and I want to use this place as a support group at the moment for Everton therapy, plus I love loads of the ideas I read on here.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 26, 2017, 11:30:01 PM
Reply #1

everton1952

Not worth the effort. It is like being on a merry go round, and round and round. 

November 26, 2017, 11:30:32 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No idea, like a lot of managers, but I'd happily pick up a load of dosh for having no clue either.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 26, 2017, 11:33:51 PM
Reply #3

sam of the south

Cheers for playing, lads 👍🏼😁

November 26, 2017, 11:36:21 PM
Reply #4

burkey17

I like your constructive optimism Sam. But what Manager? Of any sense could be arsed sorting this mess out.

November 26, 2017, 11:38:23 PM
Reply #5

TheTone

am too pissed to concentrate @sam of the south lid

November 26, 2017, 11:38:25 PM
Reply #6

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
No idea.  You build your team from the back, and i look at our defenders and think 'No, not you.  Not you either.  Nor you.  You're injured.  You're injured too.  You're not a defender, infact you're barely a footballer.  You're inexplicably not registered. What do you mean thats the lot?....'
My momma says I'm special.

November 26, 2017, 11:38:26 PM
Reply #7

sam of the south

I like your constructive optimism Sam. But what Manager? Of any sense could be arsed sorting this mess out.

I'm sure there's a few half-decent tacticians out there who wouldn't mind earning £6m a year, and with the chance of becoming an all-time hero at the best and biggest family club on the planet by just being vaguely competent.

November 26, 2017, 11:39:34 PM
Reply #8

sam of the south

am too pissed to concentrate @sam of the south lid

You are a hero of mine sometimes, @TheTone  :hug:

November 26, 2017, 11:41:33 PM
Reply #9

Evertonian in NC

4-4-2 with a rotation of Sandro, Rooney, and Niasse up top.  Unless you want to try Rooney in midfield behind Siggy as #10 in a 4-3-1-2
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 26, 2017, 11:41:38 PM
Reply #10

plumber

Not sure about squad and formation but I think we would play better if I was a manager.

November 26, 2017, 11:42:24 PM
Reply #11

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'll play along.

Pickford

Kenny     Jags     Keane     Baines

Gueye

Vlasic                Sigurdsson   Lookman
             Rooney

Sandro

Or possibly bring Klaasen in to where Rooney is playing and put Rooney in place of Sandro.

There's not much to work with though.

If they were fit, McCarthy, Bolasie, Coleman and Barkley would all be in the squad.
Even Fumo would get in ahead of Jags I think.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:43:33 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 26, 2017, 11:42:36 PM
Reply #12

GrantyBoy78

The majority of players aren’t good enough, pretty simple.

November 26, 2017, 11:44:20 PM
Reply #13

Evertonian in NC

The "3" in a 4-3-1-2 would probably be Davies, Beni, and Rooney, though you could mix in Vlasic and Lennon.  I'm not averse to playing Davies as a non-traditional fullback if we have to, as well.

Not like our real defenders are actually doing anything back there.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 26, 2017, 11:45:54 PM
Reply #14

Evertonian in NC

If Funes Mori was healthy, I would definitely go 3 at the back with Jags in the middle, Holgate right, Funes Mori left.