July 19, 2018, 03:43:43 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs West Ham  (Read 16225 times)

November 27, 2017, 05:26:01 PM
Reply #15

Faceatthefence

On nights this week so not going,expect us to lose by 2 clear goals and have more scorn poured on the totally gutless set of twats picking up their 100 grand a week wage.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

November 27, 2017, 05:35:31 PM
Reply #16

Alanvideo

Fucks sake.

Why are we having a midweek game.
..................full  set of fixtures over Tues and Weds
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 27, 2017, 05:36:26 PM
Reply #17

Macca77

Live on BT Sport as well

November 27, 2017, 05:42:03 PM
Reply #18

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Fucks sake.

Why are we having a midweek game.

Its absolutely relentless.  No chance to stabalise anything as its another hiding every 3/4 days and its like this until January.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

November 27, 2017, 06:09:43 PM
Reply #19

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Its absolutely relentless.  No chance to stabalise anything as its another hiding every 3/4 days and its like this until January.

Which is why we should have been playing for clean sheets from the start.

Instead we’ve humbled along with a misplaced idea of just being bolder with selections and approach and that will right all the previous wrongs.

We’ve had 7 games with no cohesion from the previous match.

Admittedly there’s not as much training time, but then use that matches for that instead (as much as possible, at least).

We should be aiming for a clean sheet against these and against Huddersfield.

If we sneak a win (or two...) then fantastic. But if not we at least show that we want to and can defend.

But based on what we’ve seen so far, and that they’re one of the few teams below us, I doubt we’ll get anything other than “going for it”.

November 27, 2017, 06:11:11 PM
Reply #20

MmmBlueRamirez

Instead we’ve humbled along with a misplaced idea of just being bolder with selections and approach and that will right all the previous wrongs.

Admittedly there’s not as much training time, but then use that matches for that instead (as much as possible, at least).

If we sneak a win (or two...) then fantastic. But if not we at least show that we want to and can defend.

But based on what we’ve seen so far, and that they’re one of the few teams below us, I doubt we’ll get anything other than “going for it”.

and well only really go for it once going a goal (or two) down....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 27, 2017, 06:15:11 PM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
and well only really go for it once going a goal (or two) down....

Yes.

Part of the problem is that we’ve got attacking line ups but either through tactics, or the fact that our confidence is shot, or most likely both we can’t keep the ball.

We’re doing nothing which is why we’re so easy to play against.

November 27, 2017, 06:39:43 PM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Need a coach in as soon as possible to start playing with some cohesion. You did a really good job of allaying some of my fears yesterday when you said that basically we should worry when we’ve seen them with a coach in place who is trying to keep clean sheets.

Imo we were miles better under Koeman than we are right now, and it was still right to bring his reign to a close. Won’t take much to get some positivity back, but we need to start immediately.

Saw a worrying rumour that we have been unable to agree a fee with erwin for letting him go, and so have been unable to replace the manager. Sounds a bit fishy but I don’t like the sound of it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 27, 2017, 06:56:03 PM
Reply #23

Waltzer

Saw a worrying rumour that we have been unable to agree a fee with erwin for letting him go, and so have been unable to replace the manager. Sounds a bit fishy but I don’t like the sound of it.

Even if we couldnt agree terms with him I fail to see why that would have any impact on getting a new manager, unless he had a clause in his contract that said 'you cant appoint another manager while im still here, even though Im not the manager'? Which would be a little strange to say the least!

November 27, 2017, 07:05:12 PM
Reply #24

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Need a coach in as soon as possible to start playing with some cohesion. You did a really good job of allaying some of my fears yesterday when you said that basically we should worry when we’ve seen them with a coach in place who is trying to keep clean sheets.

Imo we were miles better under Koeman than we are right now, and it was still right to bring his reign to a close. Won’t take much to get some positivity back, but we need to start immediately.

Stuff like the rugby formation with the defenders is down to a lack of rigorous and repeated work on structure and positioning.

You only do that when the coach has a clear idea of what needs doing.

November 27, 2017, 07:08:27 PM
Reply #25

KoemansNumberTens

Think we'll probably get hammered. We aren't even close to competing at the moment. They'll dominate and we have to hope for an undeserved result

November 27, 2017, 07:08:37 PM
Reply #26

plumber

I don't think the problem is that Unsworth has been particularly brave or set attacking line ups. We played with Gylfi as a lonely striker against Lyon and still got battered.
 It was very defensive and deep sitting 4-5-1 with Niasse isolated up front against Palace. Here is position map from the first half:

Gylfi played as a DM almost! And we were a defensive shambles again.

The problem is he is just clueless. His tactics, line ups, substitutions and formation changing every 10 minutes suggest he doesn't know what he is doing.
I mean he's not an idiot and understands we should sort out the defense first, he just doesn't have a clue how to do that.

November 27, 2017, 07:09:22 PM
Reply #27

gizzblue

Fuck it lets go all out attacking ...can't be any fucking worse than what's happening at the min ....play a 433 attack one dm and Sig in behind two forwards ...fuck even throw Rooney in and tell him not to come in our half all game or else ...then stick to it not change every ten minutes ...trying to defend is getting us sweet Fanny Adams .

November 27, 2017, 07:09:23 PM
Reply #28

.Matty

My ticket in LB is on Stub Hub for £25. Not because I don't want to go but because I cant get there in time after work.

November 27, 2017, 07:18:02 PM
Reply #29

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think the problem is that Unsworth has been particularly brave or set attacking line ups. We played with Gylfi as a lonely striker against Lyon and still got battered.
 It was very defensive and deep sitting 4-5-1 with Niasse isolated up front against Palace. Here is position map from the first half:

Gylfi played as a DM almost! And we were a defensive shambles again.

The problem is he is just clueless. His tactics, line ups, substitutions and formation changing every 10 minutes suggest he doesn't know what he is doing.
I mean he's not an idiot and understands we should sort out the defense first, he just doesn't have a clue how to do that.

We were good defensively vs Lyon for the first hour until the subs started to really open the game up. Then it followed the now standard pattern.

Vs Palace the wide men were so deep as we couldn’t a) keep the ball as we had 3 runners up front and b) they were finding space behind the midfielders.

The fact that we were dosing at the start didn’t suggest that they’d been really drilled into not conceding goals first and foremost.

We then went 4-4-2 in the second half etc.

Chelsea and Lyon for the first 60 mins should have been the template for all the games.