July 21, 2018, 05:22:50 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce in Everton talks  (Read 27127 times)

November 27, 2017, 10:59:04 PM
Reply #30

Major Clanger

Good, get it done. I hope he empties out 4 or 5 of the dross we are carrying in the process. Gives us time to appoint a better one maybe next season and put this blip  behind us.

You may hope but he never does any of that. He just signs a bunch of journeymen players on big contracts and lets the club deal with the consequences.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:00:36 PM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 27, 2017, 11:04:19 PM
Reply #31

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Your desperate for silver linings!!!!

First line I've been desperate for since my early 20s.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 27, 2017, 11:06:54 PM
Reply #32

stirlingblue

He got Schlupp from Leicester. Van Arn Holt from Sunderland and Milevojevic I think.

To be fair, we do need a left back and he appears to have signed two this year

November 27, 2017, 11:08:02 PM
Reply #33

everton1952

I predict he will attain God-like status in 2 weeks if the score is Shite 0 - Everton 1. Worth all of 2 million to Palace just for that.

November 27, 2017, 11:08:49 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

Hopefully this is where Steve Walsh earns his corn. If Allardyce wants to come and bring all his band of merry men with him, and sign typical Allardyce players, then you would hope he steps in and reminds him that we now have a club ethos (I don't think we do but I'd like there to be) and we'll sign players that fit that moving forwards.

Alternatively he'll just get a remit to keep us in the league and we'll deal with the rest in the summer.

November 27, 2017, 11:10:19 PM
Reply #35

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
You may hope but he never does any of that. He just signs a bunch of journeymen players on big contracts and lets the club deal with the consequences.

Ah but this is where the DoF steps in!

November 27, 2017, 11:12:19 PM
Reply #36

nsno

In all fairness to Sam's last two jobs, the remit has been premier league survival and he has bought players to achieve that. With us in January it will likely be the same. I can see him getting an 18 month contract at the least, so if we achieve survival the summer will be interesting.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

November 27, 2017, 11:14:57 PM
Reply #37

Major Clanger

You mean the Director of No More Football For You?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 27, 2017, 11:20:13 PM
Reply #38

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I predict he will attain God-like status in 2 weeks if the score is Shite 0 - Everton 1. Worth all of 2 million to Palace just for that.
I'd rather stay up tbh
Simply simply lovely

November 27, 2017, 11:20:59 PM
Reply #39

Cereal Killer

"Cut me in your usual deals Sam, say 25% and l'll sign off whoever you want"

November 27, 2017, 11:21:03 PM
Reply #40

Ari

He'll have to. Our current roster is devoid of the sort of thugs necessary to implement Big Sam's 'system."

Welcome to the big time Ryan Shawcross.......

November 27, 2017, 11:21:05 PM
Reply #41

Lxxx

He'll be an improvement on Unsworth and at this moment in time I'll take that.

November 27, 2017, 11:27:50 PM
Reply #42

Ari

Schlupp and Van Arn Holt could be considered then. That would be replacing Baines. Not sure if Palace will let any players go in Jan with the predicament they are in.

We could get Danny Rose in jan.  As  much i do not like him and his attitude, he could do a job for us.  And to give Baines some slack and resting time.  so he could be the player he was.   

November 27, 2017, 11:28:12 PM
Reply #43

Evertonian in NC

just disgusting
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 27, 2017, 11:28:51 PM
Reply #44

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
It's interesting to note how opinions are formed on managers.
Allardyce''s history with richer successful clubs doesn't take long to research. He's never been at one! Ironically at the time he left West Ham they were playing some good football and it will be interesting to see how he goes on with our squad because despite the current mess we do have considerable talent and potential in there.
Overall we are quite a spoiled fan base because apart from that extremely close call with relegation some years ago we never have to experience football reality. We've been safely cushioned in one of the best leagues in the world for over half a century and it won't do us any harm to see what football life is really like outside that bubble. There's never serious appreciation  of that being success in itself only a continual whinge that we should be winning things as if we have a God given right.
Welcome to real football life!
Sam Allardyce has built his reputation on making the most of what little he has. On that basis he is a successful manager. Mourinho had f**k all idea how to rebuild Chelsea second time around - what does that say about him?
If SA becomes our manager we know it's to do a specific job and probably not for very long. More people need to appreciate where we are and now and concentrate on stabilising things and then reflect on what went wrong and how we avoid that in the future. During that period we get behind our manager.
One potential interesting debate (once things are sorted) will be around putting the Kenwright era and Moyes time here in context. A lot of people wanted them out and that is obviously happening and we are seeing a new era. Perhaps all this is just a transition to a new world with a new ground and an even more successful future. Or perhaps what we are seeing now is the new world?
Who was it said 'We live in interesting times'?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.