August 22, 2019, 06:13:18 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce in Everton talks  (Read 36671 times)

November 27, 2017, 10:26:55 PM
Read 36671 times

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
As usual for his clubs, we'll be saved from relegation and will still somehow end up far worse off when he's eventually sacked.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 27, 2017, 10:59:04 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Good, get it done. I hope he empties out 4 or 5 of the dross we are carrying in the process. Gives us time to appoint a better one maybe next season and put this blip  behind us.

You may hope but he never does any of that. He just signs a bunch of journeymen players on big contracts and lets the club deal with the consequences.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:00:36 PM by Major Clanger »

November 27, 2017, 11:14:57 PM
Reply #2

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Ah but this is where the DoF steps in!

You mean the Director of No More Football For You?

November 28, 2017, 02:22:28 AM
Reply #3

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
He has an unshakable self-belief and doesn't suffer fools. Just what this squad needs.

We could just re-hire Koeman if that's what we need.

November 28, 2017, 03:09:58 AM
Reply #4

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
:o

I was only joking mate, but are you seriously suggesting that Redknapp made Bale what he is?

Having been moved from the defensive line to midfield is what made him.

November 28, 2017, 03:18:08 AM
Reply #5

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I always thought it was his pace and his ability on the ball that made him? Granted being played in midfield helped give him more license to roam, but again was that some genius observation where only Redknapp could realise that if you give you best player freedom to roam and do his thing, you'll win more? Do we have to credit Brenda for making Suarez too?  :(

All I'm saying is that he looked utter dogshit as a fullback.

November 29, 2017, 06:59:49 PM
Reply #6

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Whether we like it or not it's happening so time to deal with it. If you can't or won't accept it then make a decision on your support but something had to change and we didn't have a lot of options. If he does the biz alot of you will suddenly think it's okay. Grab your blue balls and get on board or don't. No player is bigger than the club? Same with supporters lads. Shit just happend

I've no doubt he'll do the job, so long as we define the job as staying up. I've no doubt most other managers would've done it too.

What I'm worried about is what happens to us after he's gone.

November 29, 2017, 07:27:16 PM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce's transfer dealings may lead to a future of expensive mediocrity, but that path was already set with the signings of Bolasie, Williams, Rooney and Sigurdsson.

I don't disagree with that. But it's worrying to see those weren't just a blip or failed experiments but apparently our new policy on board level.

(Regarding the Moyes legacy, we knew Moyes left us with both the short-term benefit of a stable squad and a mid-term problem of an ageing squad. So at best his legacy was seen as mixed even back in the days.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:30:37 PM by Major Clanger »

November 29, 2017, 07:41:11 PM
Reply #8

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I haven't heard one fucking fan lay the blame at Moshiri, Kenwright or the boards door.

You can go to your GP to have the wax plugs removed from your ears then. :)

November 29, 2017, 07:44:46 PM
Reply #9

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Can Moshiri really afford to be looking for his 3rd new manager in less than 3 years any time soon?

Im not convinced hes here just for such a short time, seems like people are saying it just to make themselves feel better about this when the reality is no club hire a manager on a longish ,expensive, contract with a view to sacking them in the not to distant future.

Man United did it with Moyes, but that was a one off.

November 29, 2017, 07:52:09 PM
Reply #10

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes signed a 6 year deal.

With a clause that allowed them to sack him without compensation in his first year, as planned.

November 29, 2017, 08:00:12 PM
Reply #11

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Can we infer from this appointment whether the policy extends to board level or if it's just the limit of their football knowledge?

Whichever it is, it doesn't bode well for our future.