April 24, 2018, 05:51:49 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history  (Read 11977 times)

December 01, 2017, 02:52:09 AM
Reply #240

The Analog Kid

It seems a tad “anti-climatic” and underwhelming considering the names batted about during the seven weeks of looking, but we should be used to that after numerous uneventful transfer windows. I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and see how he goes, I suppose I/we have no choice anyway.

Let’s just see eh..... TBC

December 01, 2017, 02:52:31 AM
Reply #241

Ridge

Would love to see the players whatsapp groups

December 01, 2017, 02:53:29 AM
Reply #242

Martip

On a side note I wonder how much he 'll get to spend in January. I think we need to spend 70m minimum although whether thats available is another question.

December 01, 2017, 03:09:02 AM
Reply #243

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is that physically possible?

Yes if you go around and come back in through the rear entry.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 01, 2017, 03:10:59 AM
Reply #244

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

December 01, 2017, 03:15:30 AM
Reply #245

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 01, 2017, 03:22:06 AM
Reply #246

UnsyisaRhino

so you don't think that needing Sam Allardyce is a low point then?

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum eh?  Who needs it?

Give it a rest. You dont do yourself any favours coming out with shit like that, nevermind all the 'new low' melodrama.

NSNO? Literally? no aspect of our club has achieved that, or even got close since i started going the game, and realistically no appointment who would have ticked that box.

Some very short or selective memories on here.

December 01, 2017, 03:26:32 AM
Reply #247

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck off and get behind the team.

Thanks for your amazingly intelligent input.
I have to return some videotapes.

December 01, 2017, 03:27:32 AM
Reply #248

Heisenberg

Give it a rest. You dont do yourself any favours coming out with shit like that, nevermind all the 'new low' melodrama.

NSNO? Literally? no aspect of our club has achieved that, or even got close since i started going the game, and realistically no appointment who would have ticked that box.

Mate its sam allardyce. There's litterally no dressing it up. He's not unknown and we all know the style of football he plays and his capabilities. There isn''t much blind hope to cling on to. This appointment has written off the next 18 months for everton. We will never win anything or qualify for Europe under him

December 01, 2017, 03:32:18 AM
Reply #249

Simon Paul

Administrator

Some of us have been going the game since we did achieve NSNO as a club

Some very short sighted attitudes on here....

December 01, 2017, 03:34:47 AM
Reply #250

Evertonian in NC

so you don't think that needing Sam Allardyce is a low point then?

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum eh?  Who needs it?

I only took one year of high school Latin, in which I learned how to sleep with my eyes open.  How do you sub in "white bread mediocrity" for "the best" in our motto?  Will new swag be marketed?

SPOILER: I will hold onto my old stuff, bring it back out when it's time to clean up what's left in this fool's giant, sad wake.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 01, 2017, 03:36:17 AM
Reply #251

loroloco

i agree with you up until the last line. i think the problem with our fans is that they're memories are too long, not too short. a failure to move with the times. constantly spouting about the good old days. the reality is that we are no longer a big club - in terms of how we used to be at least. we are a mid table team who has never played champions league football or even won a trophy in 20+ years. the logo is there, in my opinion, only out of tradition and stands for nothing more than a memory of our past. i'm not a moshiri fan but i must admit i admire his innocent ambition. the frustrating part of all of this for me is that there already exists a blueprint for a club like us to move on to the next level and i believe we should copy it as much as we can, that is to say - the spurs route. a lot of people will get pissed off at even mentioning that but they took thing step by step and just tried to improve year on year. moshiri thinks that we can buy our way to the top. the funds simply aren't there for that as we would need to spend billions.

December 01, 2017, 03:36:21 AM
Reply #252

indiantoffee1975

I'd rather now look ahead to the next 6,12 or even 18 months if Allardyce sees our his contract, once he's gone do we really think our board will act swiftly and get an ideal replacement in? Judging by the decisions they have made over the last two seasons i'm concerned of the magnitude of errors they are continually making and think they will struggle to get any sort of quality manager in.

December 01, 2017, 03:42:13 AM
Reply #253

mikey_blue

Mate its sam allardyce. There's litterally no dressing it up. He's not unknown and we all know the style of football he plays and his capabilities. There isn''t much blind hope to cling on to. This appointment has written off the next 18 months for everton. We will never win anything or qualify for Europe under him

Hard to say that we’ll never win anything or qualify for Europe with him, especially when He’s not here to do either of those things. Sam is here to steady the ship while Moshiri gets something sorted for the summer. Unless Big Sam goes undefeated or has some mirical season, he'll be replaced in the summer, once a more "Desirable" manager becomes available.

To be fair to him though, he's probably not managed a team as good as ours for the better part of a decade. He might surprise us.

December 01, 2017, 03:46:04 AM
Reply #254

mikey_blue

Hard to say that we'll never win anything or qualify for Europe with him, especially when He's not here to do either of those things. Sam is here to steady the ship while Moshiri gets something sorted for the summer. Unless Big Sam goes undefeated or has some miracle season, he'll be replaced in the summer, once a more "Desirable" manager becomes available.

To be fair to him though, he's probably not managed a team as good as ours for the better part of a decade. He might surprise us.