July 22, 2018, 12:49:08 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history  (Read 13184 times)

December 01, 2017, 08:25:30 PM
Reply #300

Ross

And so he should be. Let's not praise him for that. We could be nearly top half by 5pm tomorrow, the squads had £220m spent on it in 18 months, with the promise of much more to spend.

Bet he can't believe his luck that an institution as great as Everton has come begging cap in hand, with massive money for him and his mates, to do a job that pretty much any competent manager could do in his sleep.

A squad that was considered to be underperforming after finishing 11th and reaching two semi finals.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 01, 2017, 08:29:41 PM
Reply #301

Bluedylan

Playing devilís advocate somewhat; what is this obsession with playing beautiful football? How many teams in the premier league are silky ball playing teams?

The School of Science is a thing most of donít even remember. Martinez revived it for a season but thatís about it. Even Kendallís teams were all about lumping it up to the big man and having quality players make something happen in the final third.

Nothing gets Goodison bouncing like us kicking the shit out of the opposition, winning the physical battles. Weíre a working class club and we demand our players graft and show passion. Allerdyceís will give us that. And getting the ball forward early and turning the opposition round could well be a welcome antidote to the horrible, boring as fuck possession football weíve had to endure for the last few seasons.

This is not someone playing devil's advocate. This is your actual opinion. Don't be disingenuous, have the courage of your convictions and get behind your opinion. It's certainly not mine, as you probably know, but if you're going to argue a case, at least stand firmly behind what you've said.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 01, 2017, 08:47:25 PM
Reply #302

van der Meyde

And so he should be. Let's not praise him for that. We could be nearly top half by 5pm tomorrow, the squads had £220m spent on it in 18 months, with the promise of much more to spend.
Yes. Of course he should be.

He's been attacked by some though - not necessarily on here, mind - because they think he will oversell our struggles in an effort to make himself look bigger.

Here he is, explicitly saying we should be looking to do much more than avoid relegation from the start.

December 01, 2017, 08:56:40 PM
Reply #303

therealdunc

Why are people going on about his wages still

Itís less than Koemans for a start

And your not paying it, itís not your money. I couldnít care less if they paid him £20 million.
Just win me the league and a cup , I donít care about the rest
Blue

December 01, 2017, 10:35:52 PM
Reply #304

Everton Mint

Playing devilís advocate somewhat; what is this obsession with playing beautiful football? How many teams in the premier league are silky ball playing teams?

The School of Science is a thing most of donít even remember. Martinez revived it for a season but thatís about it. Even Kendallís teams were all about lumping it up to the big man and having quality players make something happen in the final third.

Nothing gets Goodison bouncing like us kicking the shit out of the opposition, winning the physical battles. Weíre a working class club and we demand our players graft and show passion. Allerdyceís will give us that. And getting the ball forward early and turning the opposition round could well be a welcome antidote to the horrible, boring as fuck possession football weíve had to endure for the last few seasons.

As Allardyce said today when asked what style of football he would bring, "Hopefully a winning-style"...

That's all I want too. Pretty football is a bonus.

December 01, 2017, 10:43:40 PM
Reply #305

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Aye, that's exactly the point.

Like Leicester fans would be arsed about their turd style of play when they won the Prem, by defending deep for 95% of the time, and then at the right moment, lobbing it long to Mahrez and Vardy to finish more often than not and stun teams, then defend again. Of course, it would be nice to play like Barcelona when Xavi and Iniesta where in their pomp AND to win loads of games, but for now, I will just take scrappy wins until we are safe and a bit more established. Then and only then will I be arsed about rolling the turd in glitter.

And in the mean time, train Rooney up with his coaching badges for when we fuck Sam & Samny off, in 18 months :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:44:58 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

December 01, 2017, 11:12:45 PM
Reply #306

Lincs Toffee

ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

December 01, 2017, 11:19:04 PM
Reply #307

Thomas

Aye, that's exactly the point.

Like Leicester fans would be arsed about their turd style of play when they won the Prem, by defending deep for 95% of the time, and then at the right moment, lobbing it long to Mahrez and Vardy to finish more often than not and stun teams, then defend again. Of course, it would be nice to play like Barcelona when Xavi and Iniesta where in their pomp AND to win loads of games, but for now, I will just take scrappy wins until we are safe and a bit more established. Then and only then will I be arsed about rolling the turd in glitter.

And in the mean time, train Rooney up with his coaching badges for when we fuck Sam & Samny off, in 18 months :)

Who's the bird in your profile pic lad?

December 01, 2017, 11:23:56 PM
Reply #308

GrantyBoy78

This is not someone playing devil's advocate. This is your actual opinion. Don't be disingenuous, have the courage of your convictions and get behind your opinion. It's certainly not mine, as you probably know, but if you're going to argue a case, at least stand firmly behind what you've said.
Iíve never once stated I wanted Allerdyce or that I advocate shite football. I wanted Martinez and Koeman and championed their philosophies...and they both turned out to be shit and ineffective. Iím open to something different, especially with this limited, unbalanced and somewhat disinterested squad.

Stop being a crybaby millennial having a tantrum because his team wonít be playing like Man City. Get over yourself you ĎFIFAí generation bellend.

December 01, 2017, 11:36:08 PM
Reply #309

Heisenberg

Iv never got the "it's not your money why you bothered" shout.

It's pretty simple. The more you pay on A means the less you can spend on B

December 01, 2017, 11:40:32 PM
Reply #310

Macca77

Exactly, in a pickle myself over something similar, need to do a food shop but fancy a few pints first, so do i fuck the ale off and fill my fridgefreezer and cupboards full of asdas finest produce, or have a few pints and go to Aldi or Lidl instead? Its a tough one.

December 02, 2017, 12:33:17 AM
Reply #311

Simon Paul

Administrator

As a shareholder it kind of is my money as well

Ah well. If we ever have another AGM then it can be brought up

December 02, 2017, 12:36:43 AM
Reply #312

Seahawk

I've never once stated I wanted Allerdyce or that I advocate shite football. I wanted Martinez and Koeman and championed their philosophies...and they both turned out to be shit and ineffective. I'm open to something different, especially with this limited, unbalanced and somewhat disinterested squad.

Stop being a crybaby millennial having a tantrum because his team won't be playing like Man City. Get over yourself you "FIFA' generation bellend.
Totally agree with this. And love the FIFA generation line.
Still smiling at that

I only drink 2 times a year.  When it's my birthday and when it's not.

December 02, 2017, 12:43:38 AM
Reply #313

Martip

He will get us solid and give the players that need it a kick up the backside. He also has an eye for a player so you never know.

As I've stated previously  he wasn't my first choice but I can see why he was brought in rather than taking a risk on a more fashionable name  (The last few of which haven't exactly worked out).

Let's give him a chance and see how he goes cause I've a sneaky feeling he may surprise us.

December 02, 2017, 12:44:13 AM
Reply #314

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
A squad that was considered to be underperforming after finishing 11th and reaching two semi finals.

Waaaahheyyyy!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!