November 16, 2018, 06:45:03 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history  (Read 14652 times)

December 02, 2017, 12:08:31 PM
Reply #330

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's just standing up for himself. It's a bit embarrassing because he knows we were after Silva. But then it's a bit embarrassing for us too. He doesn't need took make the comparisons though. Everyone else can do that, if they're that bored. Sounds more like a shit journalist was trying to get a rise out of him.

He’ll hve been asked directly about us approaching Silva first.

It’s all part of his feeling that he’s not been given an appropriate chance somewhere etc.

Got his chance to prove it now.

December 02, 2017, 01:05:29 PM
Reply #331

GrantyBoy78

He'll hve been asked directly about us approaching Silva first.

It's all part of his feeling that he's not been given an appropriate chance somewhere etc.

Got his chance to prove it now.
A bit too candid and honest for his own good - could’ve just said ‘doesn’t matter, I got the job’.

Mourinho levels of media manipulation? Everyone talks about the manager’s controversial comments and deflects pressure away from the players?

December 02, 2017, 01:40:07 PM
Reply #332

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A bit too candid and honest for his own good - could’ve just said ‘doesn’t matter, I got the job’.

Mourinho levels of media manipulation? Everyone talks about the manager’s controversial comments and deflects pressure away from the players?

Just think he’s got a long held grievance that he’s under appreciated as a coach (hoof ball as opposed to data driven / survival merchant as opposed to good manager).

December 02, 2017, 03:01:38 PM
Reply #333

Lxxx

Just think he’s got a long held grievance that he’s under appreciated as a coach (hoof ball as opposed to data driven / survival merchant as opposed to good manager).

Biggest job of his career now. The floor is yours big man.

December 02, 2017, 03:14:01 PM
Reply #334

BlueForYou

Absolutely - let's embrace him for 18 months, short term Sam!

And give him a chance and the benefit of the doubt, in his own words:

"When the Brazilians kick the ball 40 yards, it's a great pass; when my players kick the ball 40 yards, it's a hoof up the field"

You said it, it's a passing game, Sam - school of science!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:15:20 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 02, 2017, 04:02:25 PM
Reply #335

Mayor Farnum

"New low point" Quite ironic that the writer of the article was advocating Ian Holloway as our manager in the not too distant past.

December 02, 2017, 04:17:21 PM
Reply #336

eugene

Exactly, in a pickle myself over something similar, need to do a food shop but fancy a few pints first, so do i fuck the ale off and fill my fridgefreezer and cupboards full of asdas finest produce, or have a few pints and go to Aldi or Lidl instead? Its a tough one.
No brainier ale house donner on the way home, repeat

December 02, 2017, 04:40:54 PM
Reply #337

Simon Paul

Administrator
"New low point" Quite ironic that the writer of the article was advocating Ian Holloway as our manager in the not too distant past.

Hahahahahahaha!!

And you took that seriously???

Fucking hell!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

December 02, 2017, 05:12:16 PM
Reply #338

BlueForYou

First (permanent)Anglo Everton manager for 20 years

England regrets, Everton expects - NSNO...................
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 03, 2017, 02:10:11 AM
Reply #339

Mayor Farnum

Hahahahahahaha!!

And you took that seriously???

Fucking hell!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Haha good try!

December 03, 2017, 02:36:46 AM
Reply #340

Simon Paul

Administrator

Haha good try!

no mate, good try yourself

me and @Bally even recorded a piss-take podcast 18 months ago before Koeman came in where we did impressions of Holloway and it's been a running joke on our podcasts (when we do them) for several years now that it would be funny to have him in charge

but yeah, nice try.  if only it'd been more obvious for longer than a few years that I was taking the piss. 

ah well.

December 03, 2017, 03:43:06 AM
Reply #341

Gash

Global Moderator
Still not over the moon about him but after the last two games certainly feeling more optimistic that we could still make a decent go at getting 7th and have a decent go at the FA Cup, there's some real dross below us in the league at the moment. I think it'll be us and Leicester battling for "best of the rest".

Let's give him and Sammy Lee a chance and see what he can do with a bit of money to spend seeing as he's always thought he was better than the clubs he's been at. Let him put his money where his mouth is and back himself to really achieve something here.

December 03, 2017, 04:32:51 AM
Reply #342

Bally

Administrator
You do know that was a piss take just so Si could do his Holloway impression
It's the roll I way

December 03, 2017, 04:33:51 AM
Reply #343

TheTone

You do know that was a piss take just so Si could do his Holloway impression

is Si bald with a smig lad?

December 03, 2017, 04:41:48 AM
Reply #344

Simon Paul

Administrator