August 14, 2018, 08:29:21 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history  (Read 13563 times)

November 30, 2017, 04:18:55 PM
Read 13563 times

GrantyBoy78

If we finish 7th and end the season playing like a proper team again, with some additions in January to sort the front and back out, then I think that'd be as good as we can expect.
That’s the issue though; one win and half the fan base are back to thinking Unsworth would’ve got us comfortably mid-table.

People need to forget their agendas and just get behind Everton.

I hope to god we beat Huddersfield on Saturday - don’t think I could handle all the ‘we’ve gone backwards since Unsworth left’ shouts.

November 30, 2017, 10:07:32 PM
Reply #1

GrantyBoy78

Joyce gets his ‘scoops’ first hand from Kenwright so you’d assume they have some sort of relationship, hence Joyce throwing shit at Moshiri, not Bill.

November 30, 2017, 10:09:57 PM
Reply #2

GrantyBoy78

I think there's probably something in that. Whether a 'very good job' takes us where we hope to get to or not I'm unsure but I certainly think we'll improve no question. I reckon if we finish 7th again for the second season running it should be considered back on par and a decent job done under the circumstances.
7th would be a resounding success, given where we are. Just curious (and in no way a loaded question); what would you consider a failure, apart from the obvious?

November 30, 2017, 11:01:11 PM
Reply #3

GrantyBoy78

I'd say at best we'll get 55 points (1.6 pg from here on in).

Burnley on 27 but could see them going at 1 pg when their confidence drops / injuries etc.

Think being conservative 8th is best we can hope for plus not going out to someone we shouldn't in the cup.
That’s about right. The usual 6 suspects and also Leicester have a much better squad than us and will improve. Wether we finish 8th or 15th, the season’s a write-off anyway.

Apart from when we win the FA cup!

November 30, 2017, 11:06:34 PM
Reply #4

GrantyBoy78

Media now confirming an 18 month deal. Expect the OS to catch up eventually.
Fixed

December 01, 2017, 06:35:31 PM
Reply #5

GrantyBoy78

Playing devil’s advocate somewhat; what is this obsession with playing beautiful football? How many teams in the premier league are silky ball playing teams?

The School of Science is a thing most of don’t even remember. Martinez revived it for a season but that’s about it. Even Kendall’s teams were all about lumping it up to the big man and having quality players make something happen in the final third.

Nothing gets Goodison bouncing like us kicking the shit out of the opposition, winning the physical battles. We’re a working class club and we demand our players graft and show passion. Allerdyce’s will give us that. And getting the ball forward early and turning the opposition round could well be a welcome antidote to the horrible, boring as fuck possession football we’ve had to endure for the last few seasons.

December 01, 2017, 08:05:31 PM
Reply #6

GrantyBoy78

Craig Shakespeare should be confirmed as coach later today with other staff to follow by the end of next week
Shit manager, very good coach.

December 01, 2017, 11:23:56 PM
Reply #7

GrantyBoy78

This is not someone playing devil's advocate. This is your actual opinion. Don't be disingenuous, have the courage of your convictions and get behind your opinion. It's certainly not mine, as you probably know, but if you're going to argue a case, at least stand firmly behind what you've said.
I’ve never once stated I wanted Allerdyce or that I advocate shite football. I wanted Martinez and Koeman and championed their philosophies...and they both turned out to be shit and ineffective. I’m open to something different, especially with this limited, unbalanced and somewhat disinterested squad.

Stop being a crybaby millennial having a tantrum because his team won’t be playing like Man City. Get over yourself you ‘FIFA’ generation bellend.

December 02, 2017, 03:12:45 AM
Reply #8

GrantyBoy78

Wish I was a millennial and never owned FIFA. Other than that, a decent, fiesty comeback. You're clearly not hugely bright or perceptive, because you've misread me completely like, but that's no surprise. Like I said, don't be scared to get behind your own opinion. It comes across as weak and disingenuous when you pretend you're 'playing devil's advocate'.
I just assumed your were a kid; given how upset you got when you didn’t get your choice of manager.

December 02, 2017, 01:05:29 PM
Reply #9

GrantyBoy78

He'll hve been asked directly about us approaching Silva first.

It's all part of his feeling that he's not been given an appropriate chance somewhere etc.

Got his chance to prove it now.
A bit too candid and honest for his own good - could’ve just said ‘doesn’t matter, I got the job’.

Mourinho levels of media manipulation? Everyone talks about the manager’s controversial comments and deflects pressure away from the players?