October 20, 2018, 04:30:36 AM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Huddersfield  (Read 12823 times)

November 30, 2017, 08:53:49 PM
Read 12823 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Aim for a clean sheet again first and foremost.

We need to build defensive confidence - we canít be allowing 15 mins spells of pressure like West Ham had otherwise teams will score against us - so that when under pressure there isnít the underlying panic that was bubbling under the surface.

December 02, 2017, 07:09:28 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure in the video doing the rounds yesterday of Allardyce's first training session he was in it looking pretty lively. Seems a bit soon though, I'm sure he only joined back with the first team a week or two ago?

Looked ok but even on a 20 second clip I thought he (understandably) looked a yard off.

Needs mins in u23 youíd assume.

December 02, 2017, 07:11:14 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I think half our problem has been due to Koeman encouraging Gana to get further forwards in general. He really needs to focus on remaining as that anchor. It seems to me he's pivotal in our defensive midfield. That I think, is what has weakened our defence. I don't feel Schneiderlin should play until he bucks his ideas up.

Heís never been an anchor player though. He gets around the pitch hassling the opposition.

December 03, 2017, 12:58:11 AM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not getting carried away.

Think we've just played two teams that will be in the championship next season.

Yes but weíve conceded two chances including a penalty.

Got to get back to killing the game and then letting our quality win it.

December 03, 2017, 12:59:50 AM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully getting a few minutes in a clean sheet will boost his confidence a little too.

Think Keane will really benefit from Allardyce, at least in the short term.

December 03, 2017, 01:02:21 AM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Need to remember that heís not useless. Issues are around cracking top four, not whether heís incompetent.

December 03, 2017, 01:11:37 AM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Assuming they get enough game time you could probably add Holgate, Kenny and Calvert-Lewin to that list too.

I'm not sure I can delude myself into thinking he'll do much with Davies. :)

Definitely DCL.

Even when he had Anelka, he was wide right forward; rather the the central striker.

He values consistency in that role above scoring threat so if he can work on hold up etc think heíll be really good for him.

December 03, 2017, 02:19:21 AM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Theres a massive difference between saying let's not get carried away and not being happy we won

No harm in looking up though.

December 03, 2017, 02:27:21 AM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
As we all are and Should be cos we are in a lower position than we should be

Yes.

Evertonís on the up and up ;)

December 03, 2017, 05:34:56 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Bit puzzling really,at what stage will mosh either let Sam go,back him with cash or give him a contract extension?

Re the cash aspect you have to trust your DoF to help ensure that players are useful beyond the current manager (both in skill set and age). Or at least a balance.