February 24, 2018, 08:24:05 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 73810 times)

Bluedylan, TheRam, blue slug, Coyney83 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 19, 2018, 05:10:45 PM
Reply #1245

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He ent popular with anyone

You do read of former players saying that they enjoyed playing under him.

January 19, 2018, 05:15:05 PM
Reply #1246

Ramjam

If your talking about Walcott what else would you expect him to say
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 19, 2018, 05:17:54 PM
Reply #1247

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Somewhat worrying to hear that he let the squad have the day off yesterday for the SECOND time this week.

Not exactly what you wanna hear after a complete 4-0 dry bumming last time out

Given the new signings, you’d like to think they’d be busy getting all the players more familiar with each other. However, I suppose you could argue we’re coming off the back of a busy period and perhaps player’s mental/physical freshness could use a boost.

This is why he gets paid though, to evaluate players and try and get the best out of them, and that may involve more carrot and less stick for a bit. We will see how they look soon enough.

January 19, 2018, 05:21:54 PM
Reply #1248

Waltzer

Given the new signings, you’d like to think they’d be busy getting all the players more familiar with each other. However, I suppose you could argue we’re coming off the back of a busy period and perhaps player’s mental/physical freshness could use a boost.

This is why he gets paid though, to evaluate players and try and get the best out of them, and that may involve more carrot and less stick for a bit. We will see how they look soon enough.

I agree, its very subjective, but ultimately thats what hes paid to do. If he beasted them this week after losing 4-0 then we lost again he'd get a roasting for working them too hard. I doubt half a day is going to turn them into fatties that cant make it around the pitch

January 19, 2018, 05:23:22 PM
Reply #1249

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Man city have the most days off in the league, don't they?

January 19, 2018, 05:26:17 PM
Reply #1250

gizzblue

The acid test will be at home against WBA and if his team sheet suggests a shithouse tactic we defend and don't attack  ....then the shit will fly .

I used to love a WBA game. .always knew we would get something ....under Sam I dread every fucking minute on the pitch ,through nothing more than how he has us playing .

Got my ticket in the Park End and am seriously considering trimming my trees and hedges instead.

January 19, 2018, 05:29:15 PM
Reply #1251

Ramjam

I thought that  was James McCarthey
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 19, 2018, 05:33:23 PM
Reply #1252

eugene

What’s not to like if he’s getting the ale in twice a week

January 19, 2018, 05:35:46 PM
Reply #1253

Ramjam

What's not to like if he's getting the ale in twice a week

And handing out days off
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 19, 2018, 05:46:07 PM
Reply #1254

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He scrapped Christmas though
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 19, 2018, 05:46:21 PM
Reply #1255

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
West Brom have won 1 away game all season scoring 6 goals on their travels, our home form is the 7th best in the league. We’ve got two new players making their home debuts and we clearly need to make amends for our latest away showing. Our home win shouldn't be in question and talk of relegation battles should be given the contempt it deserves.

That's, sort of, my entire point mate.

I'm not saying "i think we will get beat tomorrow". I'm saying that, on paper, tomorrow should be a banker. IF we get beat without having another shot on target, then that is such a shock that it is unavoidable that we will be looking at the fixture list without thinking "If we can't beat West Brom at home, where the fuck are these other 13 points going to come form"

January 19, 2018, 05:55:49 PM
Reply #1256

therealdunc

Correct

Fatigue management
Blue

January 19, 2018, 05:59:25 PM
Reply #1257

Ross

That's, sort of, my entire point mate.

I'm not saying "i think we will get beat tomorrow". I'm saying that, on paper, tomorrow should be a banker. IF we get beat without having another shot on target, then that is such a shock that it is unavoidable that we will be looking at the fixture list without thinking "If we can't beat West Brom at home, where the fuck are these other 13 points going to come form"

What if we win tomorrow and get beat by Leicester on Wednesday Mick? Would it be panic over for a few days and back to panic on Thursday?

Or the other way around get beat tomorrow, start panicking, win Wednesday, no panic?

Say we beat both and lose to Arsenal would the Palace game at home be a must win 6 pointer even though we’d be on 33 points with 12 games to go?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 19, 2018, 06:01:16 PM
Reply #1258

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
What if we win tomorrow and get beat by Leicester on Wednesday Mick? Would it be panic over for a few days and back to panic on Thursday?

Or the other way around get beat tomorrow, start panicking, win Wednesday, no panic?

Say we beat both and lose to Arsenal would the Palace game at home be a must win 6 pointer even though we’d be on 33 points with 12 games to go?

No, if we won tomorrow and took 1 point from Leicester & Arsenal it wouldn't be a panic. because we would have proven we can beat the teams below us. Which is the entire point.

If we get beat without taking a shot, then can you see us getting a result at Leicester/Arsenal? That's my point.

and if we did - i would be assuaged like i was after West Ham/huddersfield.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:02:19 PM by Mick 1995 »

January 19, 2018, 06:03:57 PM
Reply #1259

therealdunc

This

Lots of people flapping, can everyone relaxed and get behind the team
Blue