August 19, 2018, 05:29:07 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 123719 times)

January 19, 2018, 11:27:24 PM
Reply #1290

bogie

They?

well if you cant work it out that's on you

January 19, 2018, 11:30:36 PM
Reply #1291

Rodenplav64

Starting to come to the conclusion some people on here are WUM with some of the stuff I'm reading. Not sure I can find any other reason.

The irony of therealdunc liking that one .

January 19, 2018, 11:35:00 PM
Reply #1292

Rodenplav64

they will just wait till we lose a game and start it all over again

That's because emotionally most fans are week to week . We start to think longer term when form holds for a run of games and over a season there is the promise of more to come the next . Optimism ( normally ) grows in the summer with a few signings and crashes after a poor start to the season . Most then give the Manager till Xmas or one last throw of the dice in the January window . That applied every season to Moyes and not just to Allardyce . The reason he gets a bit more is what goes with him and the fact that it was the most unimaginative appointment of Moshiris comical reign ( so far ) .
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:36:22 PM by Rodenplav64 »

January 19, 2018, 11:51:23 PM
Reply #1293

Evertonian in NC

Thatís akin do you support your country or your countryís leader? The two are not exclusive but they also are.

I want Sam to do well because it means we will do well. But I donít support the brand of football he employs because I donít believe it will get us results.

As with Trump, there is absolutely NOTHING Allardyce can do to disprove that he's an anti-footballing, incompetent con artist.  It's been well-proven on the record.  Would you rub your head in raw hamburger, stick your head inside the cage because "you need to give the tiger a chance?"
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 20, 2018, 12:27:13 AM
Reply #1294

therealdunc

Blue

January 20, 2018, 12:32:38 AM
Reply #1295

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

I don't even think jimmywack could not see Big Sam as a DoF would be a bad thing or is he just going to Hate for the sake of it
Brilliant

Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2018, 12:55:06 AM
Reply #1296

Simon Paul

Administrator

January 20, 2018, 01:03:51 AM
Reply #1297

everton1952

I think if Sam by October has steadied the club in the top half , added a few useful players, then few would argue that it was not job done. He hopefully will have created a platform for another more high profile manager to take us back to seriously challenging the top 6.  I do not believe we will ever get beyond that and be a top 4 club, unless the balance of financial power in football  swings our way. and puts us up there with the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and the Shite. 

January 20, 2018, 01:06:25 AM
Reply #1298

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Whats this October talk?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

January 20, 2018, 01:07:06 AM
Reply #1299

Simon Paul

Administrator
I think if Sam by October has steadied the club in the top half , added a few useful players, then few would argue that it was not job done. He hopefully will have created a platform for another more high profile manager to take us back to seriously challenging the top 6.  I do not believe we will ever get beyond that and be a top 4 club, unless the balance of financial power in football  swings our way. and puts us up there with the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and the Shite.

Spending almost £200m in the space of six months might help us swing the balance of finance towards us

Unless we spend it on shite that is

January 20, 2018, 01:07:33 AM
Reply #1300

gizzblue

The evidence is there really isn't it ...we've go  from trying to beat top six teams to trying to get a shot on target against the lower echelons of a shit league.

Evidence ...the last twenty years his entire fireman Sam career ?.

January 20, 2018, 01:08:23 AM
Reply #1301

Gash

Global Moderator
Whats this October talk?

That's when we've to give Allardyce until, fact. Or something.

January 20, 2018, 01:10:41 AM
Reply #1302

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
That's when we've to give Allardyce until, fact. Or something.

:o
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

January 20, 2018, 01:12:03 AM
Reply #1303

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Spending almost £200m in the space of six months might help us swing the balance of finance towards us

Unless we spend it on shite that is

Interestingly saw some graphic re we were close to what Utd, City, Lípool had spent etc.

However weíd signed 2-3 times as many players.

Bonkers (thinking back even 24 months) that weíve spent £45m on 2 attacking players this window but thatís only 2/3 of what they spent on one defender.

January 20, 2018, 01:12:28 AM
Reply #1304

Gash

Global Moderator
:o

We haven't got it drilled down to an exact date but I'm guessing there will be an international break in October so that should do.