February 20, 2018, 02:03:17 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 70509 times)

eyesalwaysblue, eugene, GLewis and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 21, 2018, 12:05:11 AM
Reply #1395

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think we're on our way to that crisis though.

There's divisions all across the board.

Thereís always people pro and anti things though.

The fume has been worse this year as we actually spent some money.

January 21, 2018, 12:08:09 AM
Reply #1396

School of Science

Not a great fan of Allardyce, but fuck me, when do the players take some responsibility ? Allardyce, Unsworth, Koeman this year and Martinez the last year, I bet not one of them managers told the players to play shite, treat the ball like a hot potato and don't pass to each other. They also don't tell them not to shoot. Players need to be brave and make decisions, I think we are finding out a lot of our players are not and don't.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 21, 2018, 12:11:37 AM
Reply #1397

Bluedylan

I agree with him.

If the footballing decisions don't improve then there's only one way we are heading.

We've already got an ageing squad on massive wages. That's step one of the football collapse handbook.

Then throw in Sam allardyce, Steve Walsh, and an owner who thinks throwing money at everything is the way forward and you have a recipe for capitulation.

As I've said many times, the rest button needs to be pressed in the summer.

Nah, not for me.

I remember what staring into the abyss of relegation really looked like, and this isn't it. We had awful, limited players and not a pot to piss in to hope to replace them.

We actually have a number of very good players now. It could take one good managerial appointment and say three astute signings to get this team really playing.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 21, 2018, 12:12:15 AM
Reply #1398

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
It's bad isn't it. Actually feel sorry for the players tbh.

Martina can not use his left foot and is absolutely shocking at LB, it's not his fault but it's weakening all of our play.

Kenny just isn't good enough for that position yet, he doesn't have the ability to take people on yet and you could see today how far behind his decision making is compared to Walcott (he shouldn't be expected to be at that level, nor am I writing off his future, he just isn't good enough for us yet)

That speaker at the Park End was pissing me off, but it got the biggest cheer of the night.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:20:25 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 21, 2018, 12:15:56 AM
Reply #1399

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Not a great fan of Allardyce, but fuck me, when do the players take some responsibility ? Allardyce, Unsworth, Koeman this year and Martinez the last year, I bet not one of them managers told the players to play shite, treat the ball like a hot potato and don't pass to each other. They also don't tell them not to shoot. Players need to be brave and make decisions, I think we are finding out a lot of our players are not and don't.

That does come back to the management too though, why are we not signing these players?

Why do we apparently not own a CM who can play a creative/forward pass..? A player whose instinct isnít to receive the ball, turn back and pass backwards or sideways?

January 21, 2018, 12:16:25 AM
Reply #1400

sam of the south

Nah, not for me.

I remember what staring into the abyss of relegation really looked like, and this isn't it. We had awful, limited players and not a pot to piss in to hope to replace them.

We actually have a number of very good players now. It could take one good managerial appointment and say three astute signings to get this team really playing.

Absolutely agree.

Appoint Tuchel and Rangnick for instance, and we would be purring within six months.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 21, 2018, 12:17:17 AM
Reply #1401

Evertonian in NC

On the macro front...I'd rather overreact than underreact.  I don't think the drop happens this year, because the League is so bad.  But it won't always be. 
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 21, 2018, 12:18:27 AM
Reply #1402

Evertonian in NC

Absolutely agree.

Appoint Tuchel and Rangnick for instance, and we would be purring within six months.

But are we too far gone to attract them now?  And are we seriously stupid enough not to make a move in the summer again?  These are not "panic midseason" available names.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 21, 2018, 12:20:06 AM
Reply #1403

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We've got the kernel of a good side here, what we don't seem to have is a management team capable of making the most of them. Martinez at least had some sort of philosophy, we don't seem to have anything approaching that since

January 21, 2018, 12:22:49 AM
Reply #1404

sam of the south

But are we too far gone to attract them now?  And are we seriously stupid enough not to make a move in the summer again?  These are not "panic midseason" available names.

I'm not sure if we could ever have attracted those two, but we could definitely do miles better than Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Walsh, and Allardyce.

January 21, 2018, 12:23:45 AM
Reply #1405

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, not for me.

I have absolutely no faith in the people behind the scenes to make the right appointment.

January 21, 2018, 12:26:54 AM
Reply #1406

gizzblue

Most of the supporters in here knew Allardyce was a bad idea ...it's now being proved to the rest of them ....such a shame the board don't get it really .

The only saving grace ....we are Everton and could well be the first team to bin him off before  the end of his first year in charge.

January 21, 2018, 12:27:12 AM
Reply #1407

sam of the south

I have absolutely no faith in the people behind the scenes to make the right appointment.

Yes, this is the big problem.

Especially now we have a whole old boys club in place now.

Moshiri needs to hire someone who kniws what they're doing to get a team in place, because him, Kenwright, and Elstone haven't got a fucking clue.

January 21, 2018, 12:30:31 AM
Reply #1408

Evertonian in NC

Yes, this is the big problem.

Especially now we have a whole old boys club in place now.

Moshiri needs to hire someone who kniws what they're doing to get a team in place, because him, Kenwright, and Elstone haven't got a fucking clue.

yeah the "boys club" aspect terrifies me as well.  Not much in power on merit, and might be easier said than done to fully clean house.

January 21, 2018, 12:31:19 AM
Reply #1409

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, not for me.

Plus if youíve got money it only takes a manager to say I want a passing midfielder and you can sign one.

Villaís issue was that they turned the money tap off.

Fulham and QPR were never any good.