February 24, 2018, 08:48:05 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 73463 times)

January 21, 2018, 06:35:15 AM
Reply #1455

Gash

Global Moderator
Pretty grim that after 20 games we were 9 points ahead of West Ham but four games later we're only 2 ahead.

It's really strange because he came in and steadied the ship, we conceded about 2 goals in his first 7 games and now we're back to Koeman levels of performance, it's almost like he's come in and the players have briefly bought into his way of doing things then realised he's just an English Koeman who wants all the credit when it goes well then moans about the players when it doesn't.

This isn't a bad group of players, we've got some older one's that need moved on, some inexperienced one's that need taken out of the side but in general we've got a starting 11 that should be capable of giving anyone below 5th or 6th a decent game. Club's like Burnley, West Ham, Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester that are all around us don't have better players and the likes of Stoke, Palace, Huddersfield etc shouldn't even be within a handful of points of us.

January 21, 2018, 06:36:44 AM
Reply #1456

Ravardo

After the first few games i said we need to grow some balls and decide what to do with rooney either play him up front in a 4-4-2 or move him back into centre midfield and weve chose the latter,, which to begin with i was quite happy with but he's misplaced so many balls which either lead to a goal or at least a shot for them..But now i think id like him to stick to his day job of scoring goals and move siggs into the centre mid role seeing as he probably covers the most ground and seeing as his day job is assisting goals surely it would be better positional wise all round 4-4-2 or 3-5-2

January 21, 2018, 06:47:45 AM
Reply #1457

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The thing that sucks the most is that I would rather have Moyes or Pardew in charge.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 21, 2018, 07:03:10 AM
Reply #1458

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Other than Barry, we've still got the same keeper, defenders, defensive midfielders we had last season.

Our problem is more to do with building play and creating chances. A boxer who can't throw a punch is going to get a pasting, not because his defence isn't good enough.

Well, not really the two older CBs (Williams, Jagielka) are a year older and not as reliable. Coleman obviously injured, Baines also older and now injured too.

Then you have Schneiderlin who is desperately out of form. You can accommodate one injury, or a player out of form here or there but it’s pretty much the entire back line plus a disfunctional CM partnership.

Yes we do need better in the build up, but I don’t even know if we have the player in the squad for that right now. Maybe Klaassen is ready to come out of his chrysalis?

January 21, 2018, 07:10:37 AM
Reply #1459

Ross

I'm wondering, now that we mostly only have 1 game a week and plenty of training sessions in between games, what the hell does the current manager and his coaching staff actually work on with the players?

Well it seems they work on things like their handicap or embroidery or whatever the fuck interestS them away from football if they’re given so many days off before a match as has been said.

I can just imagine Walcott walking into the gym after signing and finding Brenda from the canteen doing her  Zumba workout DVD.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 21, 2018, 02:39:52 PM
Reply #1460

sam of the south

Well it seems they work on things like their handicap or embroidery or whatever the fuck interestS them away from football if they’re given so many days off before a match as has been said.

I can just imagine Walcott walking into the gym after signing and finding Brenda from the canteen doing her  Zumba workout DVD.

What is this about days off before a match?

Plural?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 21, 2018, 02:46:56 PM
Reply #1461

Jamokachi

What is this about days off before a match?

Plural?

The squad were apparently given 2 days off last week.

January 21, 2018, 02:52:46 PM
Reply #1462

Ramjam

They needed extra homework not extra days off
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 21, 2018, 02:57:32 PM
Reply #1463

sam of the south

What was the reason given?

Maybe it's a late Christmas thing.

January 21, 2018, 02:58:10 PM
Reply #1464

Jamokachi

What was the reason given?

Maybe it's a late Christmas thing.

No idea. @Django mentioned it on here a few days ago.

January 21, 2018, 03:00:09 PM
Reply #1465

sam of the south

No idea. @Django mentioned it on here a few days ago.

Must be true then, @Django is on point

January 21, 2018, 03:01:31 PM
Reply #1466

BlueForYou

The Big Boss, Big Sam, Big Man - Big Club, Bigger Job

The honeymoon bounce is over - big time
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 21, 2018, 03:06:43 PM
Reply #1467

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Again, don’t know what training was like on the other days, but I’d have expected a week of being drilled on positional play etc so at least we’d be solid.

However I think it’s our own possession, or lack of, that is causing the poor defending at the moment.

The opposition simply doesn’t spend enough time worrying about what we’re going to do.

When that happens they can relax and will automatically play better stuff themselves which leads to more pressure on us in all aspects.

Got to find some way, as said even if it’s just pumping 70 yard free kicks up to the edge of their box all the time, of putting the opposition under more pressure.

January 21, 2018, 03:09:20 PM
Reply #1468

Alanvideo

Pretty grim that after 20 games we were 9 points ahead of West Ham but four games later we're only 2 ahead.

It's really strange because he came in and steadied the ship, we conceded about 2 goals in his first 7 games and now we're back to Koeman levels of performance, it's almost like he's come in and the players have briefly bought into his way of doing things then realised he's just an English Koeman who wants all the credit when it goes well then moans about the players when it doesn't.

This isn't a bad group of players, we've got some older one's that need moved on, some inexperienced one's that need taken out of the side but in general we've got a starting 11 that should be capable of giving anyone below 5th or 6th a decent game. Club's like Burnley, West Ham, Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester that are all around us don't have better players and the likes of Stoke, Palace, Huddersfield etc shouldn't even be within a handful of points of us.
...............what I noticed yesterday was how physically weak most of our team are. With the exception of Williams who is strong but clumsy ,we are constantly pushed off the ball. There was no desire yesterday ,no urgency in our play ,like the players have realised we're safe and that's enough.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 21, 2018, 03:10:38 PM
Reply #1469

BlueForYou

28 pts - we ain't safe yet
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick