May 28, 2018, 09:34:52 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 111837 times)

January 25, 2018, 02:10:09 AM
Reply #1680

toffee_scot

Lets look on the positive side...

erm...since 2 months ago, his 18 month contract has now only a max 16 months left.

January 25, 2018, 02:35:01 AM
Reply #1681

eyesalwaysblue

It's been 7 hours and fifteen days since.....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 25, 2018, 02:47:05 AM
Reply #1682

Gash

Global Moderator

.....we had a shot on target.

January 25, 2018, 02:48:45 AM
Reply #1683

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 25, 2018, 08:22:18 AM
Reply #1684

bacon sarnie

Was gonna say my last confession but Gash bombed it.

January 25, 2018, 08:39:17 AM
Reply #1685

Ramjam

Since since Sam took my club away
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 25, 2018, 02:56:49 PM
Reply #1686

indiantoffee1975

Probably only here for another 4 more until his remit is acheived.

January 25, 2018, 03:23:22 PM
Reply #1687

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
There is one reason and one reason alone i wont call for him to be sacked before the summer.
I don't want Everton to have had 4 managers in a single season.

That's the only thing keeping him the only option.

I was massively astonished thta he signed an 18 month contract after publicy saying he didn't want to be "fireman Sam" and knowing just how desperate the club had seemed to have Become.
The one glimmer, the one tiny glimmer, of hope for me is that Moshiri has paid him a king's ransom and given him an extra 6 months so he gets a little backhander on the way out this summer and "the plan*" can continue forward in July.

*I am no longer sure this plan exists however.

January 25, 2018, 03:26:18 PM
Reply #1688

Jamokachi

There is one reason and one reason alone i wont call for him to be sacked before the summer.

I really wouldn't care.

January 25, 2018, 03:44:54 PM
Reply #1689

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

That's the only thing keeping him the only option.

I was massively astonished thta he signed an 18 month contract after publicy saying he didn't want to be "fireman Sam" and knowing just how desperate the club had seemed to have Become.
The one glimmer, the one tiny glimmer, of hope for me is that Moshiri has paid him a king's ransom and given him an extra 6 months so he gets a little backhander on the way out this summer and "the plan*" can continue forward in July.

*I am no longer sure this plan exists however.

From what's being reported and from a few ITK murmurings I think the wholes structure of the club will be a lot different come the summer.

January 25, 2018, 03:51:18 PM
Reply #1690

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
From what's being reported and from a few ITK murmurings I think the wholes structure of the club will be a lot different come the summer.

Based on nothing but superficial skimming of rumours i have come to that conclusion myself.

Fair play, hopefully, Moshiri has had a plan, it hasn't worked out and so he is going to change it wholesale.
We would have had to find a way to make it work to avoid the cost of replacing it back in the day.

January 25, 2018, 03:55:07 PM
Reply #1691

Macca77

Spill, what murmurings have you heard then?

January 25, 2018, 04:02:24 PM
Reply #1692

Dr. Sponge

Spill, what murmurings have you heard then?

Think he means the chap from PSV.

January 25, 2018, 08:23:35 PM
Reply #1693

Mayor Farnum

long ball really ?  kendalls sides could mix their play up quite a bit, but some of the most intricate ,precise passing was seen at goodison and at grounds around the country under his tutelage, i was there during the taxi at the gate shouts and the mini attendances, and the football was nowhere near has bad as what is getting served up lately. the long ball was used more to benefit lineker, and we won sod all with him

Yes long ball. What was it the Bayern manager said after the 3-1 at Goodson? "That wasn't football Mr Kendall."
We certainly played more balls over the top for Lineker because of his pace; but with Grey and Sharp in the side we played long balls into the front men who had their backs to goal to win knock downs. We played some lovely stuff from there but we started a lot of attacks by going back to front.

January 25, 2018, 08:42:16 PM
Reply #1694

Redartin

Listening to his post match interview last night Conte does not seem a happy bunny at Chelsea.
Popular belief is that he will leave in the summer, if not before, and go back to the Italian national side.
Would anyone be interested in high-jacking that move, or was he a one hit wonder last season?
Part of his gripe last night was he has a very small squad and very little say in transfers. (Sack Walsh quick).