August 18, 2018, 04:20:47 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 123426 times)

January 27, 2018, 06:24:25 AM
Reply #1725

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Other clubs get exactly the same problems we do. But as with us it's not every season it's every now and again so there aren't many at any one given time. How many of us take the time to really find out what is going on at other clubs? We look at results, players in form and notice tabloid headlines. I might have an advantage not living in the area - we get midlands news and are not far from Stoke so I see (mediawise) Everton from a distance and a lot more about Stoke. They are not a happy bunch either!
We are making more of a news story because it follows on an expectant summer window and the hope of fighting for a top 4 place. Stoke were not expected to set the world alight this season so not much is really 'news'.
As a group on here we are setting ourselves up to suffer! Look around these posts - we are in a total shit place, nowhere on the pitch is OK apart from keeper position, skirting very close to relegation spots a few weeks ago and virtually no hope in sight.
Now we are moaning because we are not  playing scintillating attacking football on a Saturday when it looks like Sam (or whoever else might have taken over) inherited half a squad who can't be trusted to fight if they can be arsed about anything at all.
Forget who is manager for a moment and just ask yourselves what you expect 8 weeks after appointing a new manager into this mess? We've signed 2 forwards, some we don't want or rate will go and there may be more coming in.
Any manager will go back to what he believes are basics and rebuild from there. It won't be pretty for a while but I can accept that if it makes us safe and lays a foundation for rebuilding over the next 2 or 3 seasons.
We can't alter it,  no one can say it has or hasn't worked for a few months yet so give yourselves a break and look down at the 7000 teams below us and accept that whilst we are not a happy group of bunnies life could be a lot worse.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 06:26:18 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 27, 2018, 07:11:20 AM
Reply #1726

Mayor Farnum

To be honest I think we suffer from having a fan base that is a little slow on the uptake. How they think thirty years of inertia can be turned around by buying a load of players from smaller leagues and players that have impressed in teams with a survival first attitude is laughable. I know these fans are blinded by the increase in transfer fees but surely a glance at what the real players are doing should give, even them, a little perspective.

January 27, 2018, 01:45:28 PM
Reply #1727

sirblue57

I did not expect scintillating football, especially from the current manager.  But surely some form of attacking football is possible.
Add to that his statement, even if in jest, about being more boring, is a fucking insult when you consider what has gone before.
IMO, for that alone, Moshiri should have had strong words at the very least. The players at his disposal are not without talent, or experience. So not being able to show this on the pitch means they are not willing or capable, or the manager can do his job and get the best out of them.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 27, 2018, 03:44:34 PM
Reply #1728

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Still baffles me that we appointed this guy after decades of mind-numbing football and his track record (if you can even call it that) at clubs that arenít Bolton fucking Wanderers. Proper amateur hour shit.

January 27, 2018, 04:04:14 PM
Reply #1729

penguinofdoom1878

Still baffles me that we appointed this guy after decades of mind-numbing football and his track record (if you can even call it that) at clubs that arenít Bolton fucking Wanderers. Proper amateur hour shit.

Its all there in his auto biography the reasons why Moshiri appointed him, have you not read it

January 27, 2018, 05:42:39 PM
Reply #1730

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Its all there in his auto biography the reasons why Moshiri appointed him, have you not read it

Youíre just making it worse.

January 27, 2018, 05:45:47 PM
Reply #1731

gizzblue

You're just making it worse.
Rest in the knowledge ....we cant get worse this is it ....he's already here. ....we may still get relegated but hey ho ...some of us expected that when he signed tbh.

January 27, 2018, 11:36:56 PM
Reply #1732

Juanito

3 minutes gone.....Newport County have already registered more shots on target than Everton did in 90 minutes against Tottenham.

January 27, 2018, 11:43:06 PM
Reply #1733

everton1952

3 minutes gone.....Newport County have already registered more shots on target than Everton did in 90 minutes against Tottenham.
As a penalty for saying that rubbish,for your punishment go and watch the Shite game and give us a blow by blow report.

January 29, 2018, 03:38:38 PM
Reply #1734

GrantyBoy78

I still think we fundamentally need more quality on the pitch (just look at our back 4) but more importantly we need a pre-season. These players play like theyíre strangers because, in football terms, they are. Hardly any players have been at the club for more than 18 months.

To gain some sort of cohesion we need to decide on a style of play and concentrate on implementing it. Personally, I think thatís impossible to do, mid-season.

The board need to decide whatís happening with Sam and either back him or sack him the day after the season finishes.

I want the manager, majority of the squad and philosophy - all settled and sorted before the first pre-season game.

January 29, 2018, 05:27:24 PM
Reply #1735

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
He deserves some points for using the word 'spasmodically' in his presser.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 29, 2018, 05:32:20 PM
Reply #1736

Macca77

January 29, 2018, 07:11:03 PM
Reply #1737

Lxxx

January 29, 2018, 07:45:07 PM
Reply #1738

Cereal Killer

https://twitter.com/prenno/status/957936291139739648

Did he actually come out with that? Next he'll be telling us that technically we should be second because we drew with Man City

January 30, 2018, 12:08:34 AM
Reply #1739

Rodenplav64

I still think we fundamentally need more quality on the pitch (just look at our back 4) but more importantly we need a pre-season. These players play like theyíre strangers because, in football terms, they are. Hardly any players have been at the club for more than 18 months.

To gain some sort of cohesion we need to decide on a style of play and concentrate on implementing it. Personally, I think thatís impossible to do, mid-season.

The board need to decide whatís happening with Sam and either back him or sack him the day after the season finishes.

I want the manager, majority of the squad and philosophy - all settled and sorted before the first pre-season game.

All we ever fucking need is a preseason according to some .